Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Give Opposition Parties a chance for the benefit of SG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give Opposition Parties a chance for the benefit of SG?

6 August 2009

Dear Friends,

Let me first thank you for the support that you have shown us all this time. It is greatly appreciated. I hope this email finds you well.

I write to ask you for further support, specifically a donation to our Party. You may or may not know that in the last couple of years we have seen growth in our ranks. I am encouraged by the number of younger Singaporeans who have come to join us.

They have been singularly enthusiastic and committed in the cause of democracy in Singapore. I encourage you to take a look at the SDP website yoursdp.org and see the kind of fantastic work that they have done. No other political party, including the PAP, has done as much with as little. As a result we are, by far, the most visited political party website in Singapore.

By educating and raising awareness among our younger generation, we are building the foundation for a future of hope. The advent of Internet communication helps us immensely and we are excited about the opportunities that technology brings.

In order for us to continue with our work and to grow, however, we need funds to more effectively reach out to the general public, starting with our youths. They are the hope for a democratic Singapore in the future and we need to invest in them.

Specifically, your contribution will go towards paying for activities such as printing and distributing flyers, buying more server space, purchasing recording equipment to produce more videos as well as paying for staff and other administrative costs.

I sense a historic political shift in the coming years. It will not happen overnight but it will happen. When it does, we must be prepared for it. But we need to start the work now.
    I thank you in anticipation.

Yours sincerely,

Chee Soon Juan

Share your memories online with anyone you want anyone you want.
    Last edited by triton; 18-04-10, 11:27 AM. Reason: donation details

My buddy forward me this email last year..thought of sharing it with all the bros here..i guess everyone deserves to be given a chance though wat DR Chee make some rash silly errors previously..

Comment

mods u better read tis.....

Comment

Wats the big deal ... others political parties having similar ways of raising funds.

Comment

Its okay, if u are willing to help.
          2014 March - Rolex Deepsea Seadweller V series MK 1 dial ref: 116660

Comment

Anyway, whATEVER IT IS, both oppositions n the PAP wk for the nation's interest n benefits. Nobody is right or wrong. Its best to be neutral. Healthy competition between both sides may not be a bad thing.

Comment

if mods here support tis kinda posting then i got no say loh. nex time othr pple will start asking for support, donation for their religion grps, society grps, clans, ask for membership, ... then tis is no watch forum, but 'watched forum' ...

Comment

The Reform Party looks pretty promising. Prior to that, I personally felt that the opposition was a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Caliber View Post
                  if mods here support tis kinda posting then i got no say loh. nex time othr pple will start asking for support, donation for their religion grps, society grps, clans, ask for membership, ... then tis is no watch forum, but 'watched forum' ...
                  Bro Calibre,
                  You are more astute than you write and I like your play on words that this will be a 'watched' forum but isn't this the very reason why this section is called the "kopi-talk" section?
                  Namely, to simulate a coffeeshop where people gather to rave or rage about all things under the sun in the advocacy of free-speech where canvassing for a suitable cause with a sense of decorum should be tolerated.
                  Most of our bros here are able to discern what's right and wrong and honestly speaking, if this forum was kept purely dedicated to watches and not other pursuits, it wouldn't be as popular as it is. This is where most of us spend time viewing watches, sharing collection knowledge, telling stories and sometimes even teasing each other in the name of fun.
                  I'm not sure if I'm right but I don't think there is need to incite any moderator's attention nor insinuate that moderators are showing any form of support; our moderators are quick in carrying out their duties if and when needed to correct any misguided postings, that I am confidently sure of, their calibre.
                  Last edited by toffeesthings; 18-04-10, 03:01 PM. Reason: typo
                  Sweet 16:
                  PP Aquanaut
                  VC Overseas
                  AP ROO Black Themes
                  A.Lange & Sohne 1815
                  Breguet Type XXI
                  Blancpain 50 Fathoms
                  JLC Navy Seals
                  GO Senator 60s
                  GP Laureato
                  Zenith Pilot Extra Special
                  Rolex DSSD
                  IWC Big Pilot
                  Pam 112
                  Omega Ploprof
                  Breitling Super Avenger
                  Glycine F104

Comment

Originally posted by toffeesthings View Post
                    Bro Calibre,
                    You are more astute than you write and I like your play on words that this will be a 'watched' forum but isn't this the very reason why this section is called the "kopi-talk" section?
                    Namely, to simulate a coffeeshop where people gather to rave or rage about all things under the sun in the advocacy of free-speech where canvassing for a suitable cause with a sense of decorum should be tolerated.
                    Most of our bros here are able to discern what's right and wrong and honestly speaking, if this forum was kept purely dedicated to watches and not other pursuits, it wouldn't be as popular as it is. This is where most of us spend time viewing watches, sharing collection knowledge, telling stories and sometimes even teasing each other in the name of fun.
                    I'm not sure if I'm right but I don't think there is need to incite any moderator's attention nor insinuate that moderators are showing any form of support; our moderators are quick in carrying out their duties if and when needed to correct any misguided postings, that I am confidently sure of, their calibre.

Agree with bro toffeethings.

Comment

Caliber, ur indication is unfounded.
                      "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

Comment

Bro Toffeethings, well said. Speech was impressive.

Brothers here, do relax..
                        In a forum, there's bound to have diff opinions. We are here to share & enjoy our views in the forum..It depends on which perspective u r looking at. Lets not get too personal n discuss amically to make this n all future kopi sessions an enjoyable, lively and interesting one.

Comment

We must supPAP...opps support opposition

Otherwise Spore sure die, you die, your prob.

Comment

GE coming liao...u guys noe wat to do..
                            "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

Comment

Voting is secret..
                              Voting is a holy mission..
                              We must VOTE wisely...

Silence is golden...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X