Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you wear a >3k watch to go swimming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you wear a >3k watch to go swimming?

Lets not say diving or what... just a simple dip in a normal swimming pool, or a fun day out at wild wild wet, etc... Would you wear a >3k watch in ?
    A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

NO! Not with my rolex! Honestly, my basic requirement for water resistance is resistance to hand-wash!

Comment

used to... not now. the risk is too much, not so much the water ingression, rather the clasp flipping open and gone.
      [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
      Blue 6694
      Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
      [U]"My collection"[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

I will try not to lah. There're other choices like G shocks which can do the job mah
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

I do it with my Sinn U1 (less than $3K), dip it many time in sea water. No concern at all. But do not bring it to shower, as the soap water reduces the water surface tension that can be damaging to the gaskets
          [SIZE="2"][U][B]Movement collection:[/B][/U]
          [U]German:[/U] Junghans 687, Durowe 7420
          [U]Russian:[/U] Poljot 3133, Poljot 2612, Vostok
          [U]Chinese:[/U] Seagull
          [U]Japanese:[/U] Seiko(s)
          [U]Swiss:[/U] ETA(s)+Valjoux+Unitas(s), Zenith(s), JLC, Rolex, Lemania(s), IWC[/SIZE]

Comment

no problem!! Been doing that weekly with my Rolex when I bring my kiddo for his swimming lesson....

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
            - GMT II
            - GMT IIc TT
            - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
            - Master Eight Days (1608420)
            - U1
            - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Originally posted by louisoh View Post
              Lets not say diving or what... just a simple dip in a normal swimming pool, or a fun day out at wild wild wet, etc... Would you wear a >3k watch in ?
              If it was a diver model.. yeah why not?
              i mean, what happens if you get a dud that seeps water?
              send it back lah...
              SRC is bad dealer !

Comment

NO!

Comment

yes. my explorer II has been thru thick and thin with me.
                  if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                  1. subject heading indicating your issue
                  2. your nick
                  3. your corresponding email address
                  4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

I did wear my SeaDweller a couple of times to the pool. Then thought, better don't, so ex. But then, thinking again, if it can't even withstand a swimming pool, then the whole Rolex quality ethos is completely crap.

So I started wearing it again ... but then, realised that even though the watch can take it, my heart can't take the pain of adding more scratches .... sigh ... dilemma man ...

Now wearing my ProTrek whilst I sort out my thinking.

Comment

Depends on where i go la...

swimming in pool yes...other than that nope

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Yeah...I'm OK as long as they are the diver's models. After all that's what they were designed for...used in water

Comment

Yes I swim with my datejust last time when in poly. It's safest on my wrist than in the locker or in my bag.

After that I wear it for a jog around campus no problem!
                          Price is a problem if there is no value!

Comment

Originally posted by whitetea View Post
                            Yes I swim with my datejust last time when in poly. It's safest on my wrist than in the locker or in my bag.

After that I wear it for a jog around campus no problem!
                            Wah u wear DJ to poly..I dun dare Hahaha low profile for now

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

aiya. the first few scratches usually painful especially the first one.

but trust me, after that u use it like a tool watch, u immune to it already.

Originally posted by cmsoh View Post
                              I did wear my SeaDweller a couple of times to the pool. Then thought, better don't, so ex. But then, thinking again, if it can't even withstand a swimming pool, then the whole Rolex quality ethos is completely crap.

So I started wearing it again ... but then, realised that even though the watch can take it, my heart can't take the pain of adding more scratches .... sigh ... dilemma man ...

Now wearing my ProTrek whilst I sort out my thinking.
                              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                              1. subject heading indicating your issue
                              2. your nick
                              3. your corresponding email address
                              4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X