Brand new or pre-owned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-owned first and shift to new if I want to keep it for whole life

I usually try with pre-owned one first and buy new one if I fall in love with it.
    So far, just the only one did it.

Comment

• Preowned
      Then less pain getting scratches

Comment

• New ....

Comment

• Pre-owned and get it service and polish.

Comment

• this was posted by me some 6 years ago.

between then and now, did not buy any expensive watched, and all the not so expensive watches are new.

so far only gave up my "gift" iwc for a breitling, but also hardly wear.

too many watches, but still yearning for certain watch like 14060 and corum skeleton bubble. and one should should i pull the trigger to buy one of these 2, it will be pre-owned. am getting less pantang nowadays and no longer in production. 114060 is not 14060.

however, should one day be crazy enough to buy pp aquanaut, i will get it from authorised dealer as a keeper.

cheers

Comment

• it depends. but for me i wished I used the money that i purchase my 1st new gmt2 to purchase 2 used ones. with slightly abit more i can have 2 watches. stil. for each his own!

Comment

• Brand New lah ... preowned if very cheap and perfect condition.(which is impossible)

Comment

• Definitely dun mind pre-owned watches. However, when comes to situations where the watch is just not that hot and popular in the market (eg. Datejust II), I have no choice but turn to BNIB.

Comment

• Originally posted by commoner View Post
                    Been lurking in this forum for sometime liao.

Except for my 1st pre-owned Rolex 6694 and IWC portofino (a gift), all my watches are bought new. 6694 is worn by my brother, and I knew my friend who gave me the IWC well.

Really love seeing many watches selling here, and ebay, but never get myyself to take a step further. Being a kiasu chinese middle age fellow, and to think myself going to spend multiple thousands to buy a 2nd hand watch, it is so damn difficult. Knowing myself, I will be wondering why the guy sells his watch (whether bad luck or something), lost on the race track or whatever if I buy it. Don't think I will have that peace of mind should something bad happens when wearing a pre-owned watch. not knowing its history. Don't think I wll ever buy from a pawn shop for sure.

So I will continue to save my blood and sweat money to pursue my new 14060m and solid gold rolex or give it all up for just a PP aquanaut/nautilus. It will be a slow and tedious process I am sure, but I will enjoy the fruits of the hard labor.

How many of you are of the same thinking?

Does the history of the watch affect your purchase?

cheers

Actually doesnt matter, and if u have a budget to work with, is better to get a 2nd hand one..

Comment

• Originally posted by PlainWhiteTees View Post
                      Definitely dun mind pre-owned watches. However, when comes to situations where the watch is just not that hot and popular in the market (eg. Datejust II), I have no choice but turn to BNIB.
                      I'm also same as you looking for date just II for some time but can't get it as its not popular...

Comment

• New or pre-owned is really up to individual. As long as there's a good deal at the right place right time, all is set!

Comment

• Originally posted by Spade View Post
                          I'm also same as you looking for date just II for some time but can't get it as its not popular...
                          Hi5!!

Yalor, must hard hard to find one pre-owned datejust II in good condition with the specs you like. haha

Comment

• A preown maybe suitable for a first-time. However a reasonable priced watch in good condition may take some time to find!

Comment

• been thinking about new or used.. but when it comes to Rolex it seems the difference is not much, like 1k or so if the watch is less than 2 yrs old. for anything more the 2k its like more the 3 yrs old.. I'm comparing to dealers of course..
                              do you guys think its worth it?

Comment

• Originally posted by chiatw73 View Post
                                been thinking about new or used.. but when it comes to Rolex it seems the difference is not much, like 1k or so if the watch is less than 2 yrs old. for anything more the 2k its like more the 3 yrs old.. I'm comparing to dealers of course..
                                do you guys think its worth it?
                                Agreed.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X