No announcement yet.

Brand new or pre-owned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think you need to compare the 2nd hand watch to the price of it in the grey market. After all both are without warranty (expired or useless). And of course the bling factor of a new watch.

Comment

• Bnib or pre own doesn't matter as long as it's in good condition and authentic, that's my 2 cents.

Comment

• Preown is goos

Comment

• New if can't wait to get hold of the watch after model release.
          Pre own will be dependent if the seller and watch condition commensurates with the price.

Comment

• Brand new.

Comment

• been thinking about this Question for some time also.
              will prolly my first rolex Bnib for a keeper
              and next time pre own watches to change style once every 3 years

Comment

• Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
                New I buy, pre own I also buy. No prejudice as long as I like what I see and find it worth the price I have to pay. Mentally, must know that new sure dep more....just like car.
                I agree with you.

Comment

• chiropractor

I have no preference new or used. Either is great depending on the watch and the price.

Comment

• Originally posted by commoner View Post
                    Been lurking in this forum for sometime liao.

Except for my 1st pre-owned Rolex 6694 and IWC portofino (a gift), all my watches are bought new. 6694 is worn by my brother, and I knew my friend who gave me the IWC well.

Really love seeing many watches selling here, and ebay, but never get myyself to take a step further. Being a kiasu chinese middle age fellow, and to think myself going to spend multiple thousands to buy a 2nd hand watch, it is so damn difficult. Knowing myself, I will be wondering why the guy sells his watch (whether bad luck or something), lost on the race track or whatever if I buy it. Don't think I will have that peace of mind should something bad happens when wearing a pre-owned watch. not knowing its history. Don't think I wll ever buy from a pawn shop for sure.

So I will continue to save my blood and sweat money to pursue my new 14060m and solid gold rolex or give it all up for just a PP aquanaut/nautilus. It will be a slow and tedious process I am sure, but I will enjoy the fruits of the hard labor.

How many of you are of the same thinking?

Does the history of the watch affect your purchase?

cheers
                    2nd hand cos no money

Comment

• there are different reasons why buyers would buy a pre-own piece

1) model is discontinued and not available from AD
                      2) pre-own piece would mean the depreciation of watch is less

Originally posted by fata1-7 View Post
                      2nd hand cos no money
                      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                      1. subject heading indicating your issue
                      2. your nick
                      3. your corresponding email address
                      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

• Originally posted by fata1-7 View Post
                        2nd hand cos no money
                        Funny leh

15 yrs ago, i only buy new Rolexes

The richer i get, the more pre owned Rolexes i buy.

Muayhahahahaha

Comment

• Pre-owned if you plan to sell it later - you will lose less / make more money.

Comment

• Same same ...... Only difference i only buy preowned.....

Comment

• I am new here, on a related topic, I am looking at a second hand rolley. Has anyone had any interesting memories of price bargaining with seller on the spot before agreeing the price?

Comment

• Depends on individual. I have no issues with pre-owned by my CO die die will not wear pre-owned. Bottom line is you must be happy with what you have bought.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X