Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of your tailor your business shirts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Foxbat View Post
    Rossi is Good though i go to the ISETAN SCOTTs DE

after i tried 2 tailored shirts vs the off the rack ones, the rest are history....

do 1 first, get the measurement and material right though........be careful of those 100% cotten damn difficult to iron

and is not like those G2000 kind u can just drop in washer and forget it.........special care needed as they are expensive, haha
    I beg to differ. I prefer 100% cotton shirts vs those mixed polyester. You can try spray some starch and iron again. End results should be crisp and shinny hehe.

Comment

Originally posted by kelgyp View Post
      Tried a few tailor such as Oxford Tailor, Newcastle and one in Chinatown (don't remember the name) but I still prefers Dreamland. Price wise is comparable to Oxford but I like their service and their flexibility, especially after the shirt/pants is made.

Personally preference is to buy off the rack and tailor as some off the rack shirts comes with nice print/colour.
      you like the flexibility or the girl at Dreamland? hehe.

Comment

Tailored shirt fits like a pair of glove. The cuts and seams are above all. However, they need to be press-iron. hand wash. dry with proper care. Your domestic helper need to be specially train for these.

Btw, I got these from GQ
        I own a Rolex !

Comment

I always tailor made my shirt thru this tailor from BKK. He comes SG every 3 mths and stay for abt 1 week. I go hotel to meet him and to choose the material and receive the shirt 1 mth later. He told me about thousand orders per trip.

$40 per shirt. Special material on request abt $60.

Comment

A friend of mine switched to tailored shirts after his beer gut made off the shelf shirts too uncomfortable. He told me that the tailored shirts fit him better and looks silmer.

As for me, off the shelf fits me well. Just came back from Europe and the branded shirts are seriously cheap there. Not to mention, great fabric and made in Italy.

Comment

I tailored my shirts at Tessuti. It's located at Peninsula Shopping Centre #03-17. Look for David or June. Husband and wife team. Wife very chatty and fun.
              Enicar Sherpa 147 R.I.P.
              Omega Constellation 168.045 - 368.845
              Omega Constellation 168.059 - 368.0852
              Omega Speedmaster Automatic (“Reduced”) 3510.50.00
              Omega Planet Ocean Big Size 2208.50.00
              Omega Railmaster XXL 2806.52.37
              Tag Heuer WN2111

Comment

I've tried Rossi and one at Caltex house as well. Rossi is not bad, $99 or $150 and it allows you to have a different printed inner cuff and neck which is nice. Also tried a few from Bangkok and paid around 60 - 80 but frankly i think the quality is so so only. Still looking for a good tailor as well (around $150 per shirt) but still have not found a good one. Meanwhile sticking to Raoul which makes really high quality shirts but fabric and design can be too loud at times.

Comment

I've been tailoring shirts for 10+ years but concurrently trying off-the-shelf with mixed results.

Best find this year: N-Tyler with contemporary (slim) cut.

Comment

I did it at Bangkok since 2002, prices are about S$40+/shirt, and S$60+/pant. All fabric are from Europe, they visit Europe twice a year. Ask for better fabric if you desire, they have them all. 3D 2N visit is what you need, visit them first day, try the fitting the next and they will delivery to your hotel, before you leave BKK.

I have done it at Tessuti before, David and June are really nice, wonder they still play golf. When I met them, they just pick up the game.

Cheers,

Comment

I use to but now no need to wear biz shirts liao...

I went to CYC

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                      - GMT II
                      - GMT IIc TT
                      - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                      - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                      - U1
                      - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

I used to buy off the rack but afterwhile I felt the tailor-ones may cost 25% more but comes with more variations, so I nowadays go for tailors - I hope in some small ways my little business also keeps them afloat.

Tried a tailor in Genting Lane. It is cheap: $60 per shirt (and material is good, like double-ply egyptian cotton) but workmanship average. Checked out a Thai tailor in bangkok. Was recommended to a couple of tailors in Peninsular Plaza.

Finally, I settled for CYC due to:

1) no time to compare, hunt around, find parking lots and queue with other people;

2) they do it right the first time;

3) I became more simple in style as I grow older - any colour is ok as long as it is white for shirts and black for pants.

Comment

Originally posted by eddiepuricon View Post
                          at first I tailored my shirts at Grandcity, but the waiting time was too long...now I go to Newcastle Tailor at Henderson. Same workmanship, same material, waiting time is only 2 days...and almost all those tailors in Far East and Lucky Plaza ask them to make.
                          care to share how much is a shirt at newcastle compared to grandcity? waiting time at grandcity is getting so ridiculous that i can't even remember what colour/material i choose until the collection.

Comment

If you wear an Audemars Piguet ROO or any big sized watch, you have to get custom shirts where your watch hand gets a 2" longer cuff than your other hand

Comment

Originally posted by jeronlee View Post
                              care to share how much is a shirt at newcastle compared to grandcity? waiting time at grandcity is getting so ridiculous that i can't even remember what colour/material i choose until the collection.
                              same price...

It happened to me as well..I've forgoten what colour or design I made..
                              present
                              rolex submariner
                              rolex explorer 2
                              rolex datejust
                              audemars piguet royal oak chrono moonphase
                              seiko emperor tuna

past
                              rolex day-date
                              rolex gmt 2
                              corum bubble skeleton
                              corum bubble gmt

Comment