Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 watch 2 ADs 2 diff discount

hi,
    is it common to have 2 ADs giving 2 diff discount? 1 AD give 20, the other 25, what other factor beside cost of watch would u decide to purchase the watch from? AD repo, AD service?
    jai guru deva om .. ..

for me... AD with biggest discount...
    In The Bag
    Him
    Tissot PR100 AutoQuartz T14.1.489.11, Longines Dolce Vita L56554736, Rolex SS Submariner 16610, Rolex Explorer II 16570, Glycine Airman SST 06 Ref:3856.186-D8, Seiko Blue Ti Samurai SBDA003, Diver SKX007J, Black Sumo SBDC001, Tuna Can SBBN007, Orange Monster SKX781, Vintage Diver 6309-7040, Vintage Bellmatic 4006-7002
    Her
    Tissot PR50 T27.2.281.13, Longines Dolce Vita L51584736

Next Target
    Damned! My wife's list is not growing...Rolex MOP Datejust for Missus...

Comment

VERY COMMON.

My only factor is COST. The reason is that there is actually no need any after-sale-service from ADs. Any problems with your watch they will refer you back to RSC.

The only reason for going for 20 instead of 25 is....

20% is given by a very pretty salesgirl who wants to go out with me after the sale....

Originally posted by bing View Post
      hi,
      is it common to have 2 ADs giving 2 diff discount? 1 AD give 20, the other 25, what other factor beside cost of watch would u decide to purchase the watch from? AD repo, AD service?

Comment

hi,
        Very very common...it's a common practice hahah

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
          VERY COMMON.

My only factor is COST. The reason is that there is actually no need any after-sale-service from ADs. Any problems with your watch they will refer you back to RSC.

The only reason for going for 20 instead of 25 is....

20% is given by a very pretty salesgirl who wants to go out with me after the sale....
          wow lau... k k .... or izzit... u buy from the 20% discount ( instead of 25%) ... cos u wnt to kow the chio bu SA... hahahhaa

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
            VERY COMMON.

Quote for mrs 116520 to see .

To bing

1st is price .

2nd is the number of different watches you may buy in future from the AD .
            1675/16610/116234/78240
            Ball CM1092C-S1J-BR/NT BLUE MARKER
            Hublot BB ASF
            PAM 104J
            Sinn 903 H2
            Tutima Chrono Fx LE/RXW
            U-boat classico AS-classico AB (53mm)
            If you pick up a starving dog and nurse him well, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.

Comment

Ha... sabo me huh

Originally posted by marineguy8888 View Post
              Quote for mrs 116520 to see .

To bing

1st is price .

2nd is the number of different watches you may buy in future from the AD .

Comment

hi,
                Yes. Hv experienced it myself. THG AD1 offered $6.5k for a watch. THG AD1 offered $6.9k for same watch. Both frm diff outlets. Cost is main factor.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by elyjacob View Post
                  for me... AD with biggest discount...
                  Agreed
                  运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

Originally posted by pet View Post
                    wow lau... k k .... or izzit... u buy from the 20% discount ( instead of 25%) ... cos u wnt to kow the chio bu SA... hahahhaa
                    so buy from the chiobu just dont come if you regret
                    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                    Blue 6694
                    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

thanx for the response,

dun mind telling u, name of AD1 is more 'branded' than AD2, but AD2 gives better discount...
                      AD1 carries more high end watches than AD2..

being a novice in this area, i'm more concerned abt being short changed by the ADs.
                      jai guru deva om .. ..

Comment

it is a perception. AD1 more branded, dont want to sacrifice their "image" so their discount is offered at 20%.

AD2 on the other hand want to establish with consumers as their preferred place, hence the higher discount.

As for being shortchanged by AD, not likely, close to zilch really. I feel quite safe
                        [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                        [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                        Blue 6694
                        Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                        [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                        [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

thanx for the response,

dun mind telling u, name of AD1 is more 'branded' than AD2, but AD2 gives better discount...
                          AD1 carries more high end watches than AD2..

being a novice in this area, i'm more concerned abt being short changed by the ADs.
                          If AD1 carry more brands , try to find a senior sales exec who has been with AD1 for few years . Normally AD1 would match the price of AD2 for returning customers . Try to create rapport for AD1 so that your savings in future may be greater than the 5% difference currently offered . If you show them sincerity in buying from AD1 they may offer 25% if you negotiate long enough .

If you are not going to buy from AD1 in future den go for AD2 wither better discount when AD1 cannot match the price or gap too great .
                          1675/16610/116234/78240
                          Ball CM1092C-S1J-BR/NT BLUE MARKER
                          Hublot BB ASF
                          PAM 104J
                          Sinn 903 H2
                          Tutima Chrono Fx LE/RXW
                          U-boat classico AS-classico AB (53mm)
                          If you pick up a starving dog and nurse him well, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.

Comment

Originally posted by marineguy8888 View Post
                            If AD1 carry more brands , try to find a senior sales exec who has been with AD1 for few years . Normally AD1 would match the price of AD2 for returning customers . Try to create rapport for AD1 so that your savings in future may be greater than the 5% difference currently offered . If you show them sincerity in buying from AD1 they may offer 25% if you negotiate long enough .

If you are not going to buy from AD1 in future den go for AD2 wither better discount when AD1 cannot match the price or gap too great .
                            well said

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X