No announcement yet.

which watch do you wear when you travel overseas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bro Ricky please join us for the March or June gathering with your THUNDREBIRD leh ! drool.....

*** EMMANUEL***

Comment

Normally I would either wear my 12 year old seiko kinetic for biz trips and Casio G Shock for Leisure trips. For safety reasons....also there is a higher tendency for things to get lost on overseas trips, cos timing normally kinda rush, etc.

I don wanna get mugged....losing the watch is small thing, worst thing is getting hurt or killed over a watch.....
      Space for Rent if you want to advertise

Comment

Originally posted by delrosa81 View Post
        Normally I would either wear my 12 year old seiko kinetic for biz trips and Casio G Shock for Leisure trips. For safety reasons....also there is a higher tendency for things to get lost on overseas trips, cos timing normally kinda rush, etc.

I don wanna get mugged....losing the watch is small thing, worst thing is getting hurt or killed over a watch.....
        My friend tell me NEVER wear ROLEX in JB. KL is OK but to aviod the poor lighted alleys or streets.

Comment

Me wear 7 yr old G shock. low profile.
          "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

Comment

Usually wear my Breitling SuperOcean when I'm overseas. Wear my Sub when I'm in town.

Comment

wanted to pull up this thread.

i usually wear casio when gg overseas. Be it Batam, Bintan, Macau or even Las Vegas.

But question, how come bros here say HK safe to wear Rolex leh?

I nvr been to HK so don know. I been to Taiwan before and Japan. Looks safe tho, althou i wore Ball that time and not casio. Wonder if wear rolex will how hee
              I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

usually no one will bother to notice unless they are watch fanatic.
                [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                Blue 6694
                Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Hmm I like to think that I can bring my watches for a holiday when I travel overseas. But it seems like a nondescript watch is a safer bet now... heh

Comment

Unless u venture into some quiet alleys, its quite safe to wear a Rolex in HK. Its pretty common actually. I got a Rolex for my mom last year in HK and she wore it throughout the trip.

I usually wear one of my Ball watches when i'm overseas. For the recent Europe trip however, i wore my Casio instead (easy to set time for the different timezones and i didnt want it all banged up, especially when i'm changing hotels often and i need to lug tons of luggage all over!). Sad thing though, i didnt look like a genuine buyer when i walked into Wempe in Germany, dressed in bermudas and wearing a G-shock.

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
                    wanted to pull up this thread.

i usually wear casio when gg overseas. Be it Batam, Bintan, Macau or even Las Vegas.

But question, how come bros here say HK safe to wear Rolex leh?

I nvr been to HK so don know. I been to Taiwan before and Japan. Looks safe tho, althou i wore Ball that time and not casio. Wonder if wear rolex will how hee
                    sys12345

http://simply-pen.blogspot.com/ - m4/3 Pen Blog

Comment

Oris for SEA, Tudor or Rolex for Japan, Rolex for Europe.. Poljot International for the rest.. Must take our babies for holidays also.. travel the world with you...
                      相信我,这是最后一只了

Comment

my nike digital watch...

Comment

Travel wear

Citizen Eco-Drive, plastic case with canvas strap for most international travel. During business or in safe leisure situations abroad, I wear a 1968 Oyster Date with Ostrich strap because it is understated and keeps perfect time. At home, I usually wear a Submariner Z series and keep a simple Timex digital in the glove compartment for prudent occassions or when I am doing some manual tasks.

Comment

from 1999 to late last year, when i travel or need a low-key watch, i use a seiko quartz. we've both been to many different parts of the world.

after servicing it last year, i kept it and got a citizen quartz (not as good as the seiko, but it does the job)...

(as i work overseas, my regular watch since 2007 is a tudor. before 2007 it was a k-series 14060 that got stolen!)

“Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Halo Macau

This is the first time I'm wearing one of my more expensive watches out of Singapore..

Any recommendation for 'watch' shopping?

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

i can trust you to dig out such an old thread.

happy shopping.

do take night pictures over there with your watch
                                if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                                1. subject heading indicating your issue
                                2. your nick
                                3. your corresponding email address
                                4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X