This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my eye almost pop out reading it

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Ender, your point by point retort is interesting. Thanks for the effort.

I also see what you are driving at. That people are out to make money, and some people will do what it takes, and its up to us to be discerning. I totally agree with that.

Certainly, u have pointed out that I have certain schemas or basic assumptions that I adhere to. For instance, 5th hand watches, to me, are less valuable than 2nd hand watches and therefore they should fetch a lower price, although some pple may feel there are same thing. And my other schema is that if i can get a first hand at a readily good price, I expect the sellers to offer a fair and competitive price.

Hence it is my values, not yours and i will not impose it on you of cos, that people should be unrighteous and fair. I m not ok with people lying and I dont feel lying can be justified, regardless of how one may rationalise. I feel such people have a character flaw. Again these are my values.

I m not naive and like you said, life is such. And I accept that.
      Last edited by Bluedevil; 12-08-08, 11:14 AM. Reason: PS I think they are more like durian sellers, than wet market ( as the one i frequent is not shady).
      Just a 16613 Blue TT Sub

Comment

Originally posted by Bluedevil View Post

I also see what you are driving at. That people are out to make money, and some people will do what it takes, and its up to us to be discerning. I totally agree with that.

Certainly, u have pointed out that I have certain schemas or basic assumptions that I adhere to. For instance, 5th hand watches, to me, are less valuable than 2nd hand watches and therefore they should fetch a lower price, although some pple may feel there are same thing. And my other schema is that if i can get a first hand at a readily good price, I expect the sellers to offer a fair and competitive price.

Hence it is my values, not yours and i will not impose it on you of cos, that people should be unrighteous and fair. I m not ok with people lying and I dont feel lying can be justified, regardless of how one may rationalise. I feel such people have a character flaw. Again these are my values.

haha.. cool it bro...

There are some regulars that offer great prices for their watches also.... So kudos to them for being fair and not money-driven
        A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

well....the world is a shady place anyway........ not only here...

unfortunately but true.....
          the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
          visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

Hwah... brudder... Why...so.....serious?

In all marketplaces (HWZ included) they sure are shady at times, buyers just need to be aware of the marketprice of whatever pre-owned merchandise they want to buy mah.
            After reading through TS's post, I kinda remembered this buggar who tried to sell his 'Rare Omega Rattrapante'...
            http://www.sg-roc.com/showthread.php...ht=speedmaster
            I probably spoilt his party by doing a simple research, but cummon, it's not a watch that's very very rare, I see several pieces at BronzeAge and was offered at SGD$3k+, and even if it's really really rare, I wouldn't be able to pull out an advert on that so easily.

Having said that, there are irritating buyers out there also. I really hate to deal with Singporeans... In my WTS adverts, I put down 'Price FIRM' 'Non Negotiable', you still get jokers sending you a PM going 'Brudder, I offer you $X (which is like 40% below my asking price), best price already cos your watch nobody will want one.' Well, I consigned my watch and sold it for my initial asking price + S$50... so much easier.

I've come across a damn funny WTB advert recently in Paneristi marketplace, stating 'No highballers please, no dealers please' Can't help but laugh at it... Honestly, who's gonna sell u a PAM at your 'perceived' good price? And to get a Panerai, one of the best bets is to get it from a dealer no? And even if ppl highball u, negotiate lah, else just walk lor.

I cannot but agree with TS on the kind of sellers there are in the market, personally I have friends like that, one of them is a property developer, can u imagine how rich that buggar is? Yet he still markets his 90% condition preowned Panerai as 'LNIB'. And the best part, it still gets sold! Bottomline, willing buyer, willing seller. Life is such...

In regards to warranty for watches, many a times the warranty card suffices for servicing/repairs, so even for me, I wouldn't wanna produce my receipt even when the buyer requests so. It doesn't go towards making a watch set complete IMO. So what if I got it at a record-breaking-good-price? As long as it's priced reasonably according to market sentiments, it'll get sold no matter what. Who wouldn't wanna make some monies out of 'buy low sell high' situations if it comes about easily?

Those who usually purchase the watch second hand, mark it up and still manage to sell them each and every time, IMO are the savvy ones. It's prevalent everywhere, even for used mobile phones/cars/etc. Relac lah TS...
            "Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."
            --Groucho Marx--

*For faster response, pls direct all questions to my email: destro22bt@gmail.com thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Destro22BT View Post
              Having said that, there are irritating buyers out there also. I really hate to deal with Singporeans... In my WTS adverts, I put down 'Price FIRM' 'Non Negotiable', you still get jokers sending you a PM going 'Brudder, I offer you $X (which is like 40% below my asking price), best price already cos your watch nobody will want one.' Well, I consigned my watch and sold it for my initial asking price + S$50... so much easier.

hahah there will always be jokers around... usually, ignoring them will do... or reply back to say that you'll buy 10 pieces from him at the price he offered you.

Life would be so boring without these 'entertainment' to it out..

Just me and my NT...

Comment

hahaha....mayb u asking for the sky high price??that is y ppl ask for lower...lol...well...u can always choose not to sell at the price wad...human nature to haggle mah...hahaha....afterall it is up to u whether to sell anot wad...relax lar...
                Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Definitely agree withh you man! It sure does introduce some entertainment.

As for my asking price, if it's too high, dun think my trusted dealer would be able to sell it at my asking price + S$50 on top + his margin. *shrugs*
                  "Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."
                  --Groucho Marx--

*For faster response, pls direct all questions to my email: destro22bt@gmail.com thanks!

Comment

hahaha...to me dealers prices are no go...lolz..i prefer to deal in forums....

Comment

Originally posted by Bluedevil View Post
                      Well, to each his/ her own. Me thinks it's overly harsh to say that a seller has character flaws just because he tries to earn a bigger profit by selling at a bigger markup. Such a seller may get the occassional goondu but sooner or later will have to revise his prices downwards.

On a 5th hand watch being less valuable than a 2nd-hand watch, guess you have not being looking at vintage watches yeah, esp rolex? To me, it's more of a question of ss vs demand.

Out of curiosity, what's a fair and competitive price to you? If just yesterday, you become the 1st time owner of a bnib and complete 6241 on the original recommended retail price (say S$2k), what would be your advert price and your deal price today? Do you advertise at S$10k (wahseh, 5 times profit already!), S$60k (say this is prevailing mkt rate...) or try for S$80k. Your deal price? If some richee rich comes along and says no need to know your asking price, he gives you S$90k straight cause he die die X 10 must get your watch, what wld you do?
                      Or say you grab a minty M' series Kermit at S$7k net yesterday, and this afternoon, Rolex announces no more green bezel = no more kermit and you decide to sell. What's your advert price and deal price?
                      "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
                      three times is enemy action and
                      over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
                      ."

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
                        hahaha....mayb u asking for the sky high price??that is y ppl ask for lower...lol...well...u can always choose not to sell at the price wad...human nature to haggle mah...hahaha....afterall it is up to u whether to sell anot wad...relax lar...
                        Well said. It's just human nature. Want to buy, buy. Want to sell, sell. Dun buy, then dun buy; dun complain. Wan to buy, buy; and oso dun complain. Same for selling. Btw, my TAGHeuer n BALL NT r still available for sale
                        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

hahaha..true mah...btw good sales pitch u have there bro..lol.always have the business mind...lol...

Comment

Hey guys...just want to conclude here. Our market place is NOT shady.

If you guys really find it shady and dun like....fine,very simple. Louis,we just close off that section.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

wah..cannot lar....like tat how to hunt for hommages...wah lau eh.....hahahaha.....

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                                Hey guys...just want to conclude here. Our market place is NOT shady.

If you guys really find it shady and dun like....fine,very simple. Louis,we just close off that section.
                                Its not shady la... everywhere is the same... i find tat our garage have some steals lo... juz need to do your homework before taking the plunge..

Just me and my NT...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X