This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
    Hey guys...just want to conclude here. Our market place is NOT shady.
    If you guys really find it shady and dun like....fine,very simple. Louis,we just close off that section.
    har? why? TS' views are TS' view. why deprive the rest of us who may disagree or cannot be bothered? But then it's really the mod/owners' call...
    "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
    three times is enemy action and
    over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
    ."

Comment

Originally posted by Ender View Post
      har? why? TS' views are TS' view. why deprive the rest of us who may disagree or cannot be bothered? But then it's really the mod/owners' call...
      No la.. relax.. a forum is a open place for people to voice their opinions... we are all adults and i'm sure you all agree with me with i say "Willing buyer, willing seller" and vice versa...
      A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

Originally posted by louisoh View Post
        No la.. relax.. a forum is a open place for people to voice their opinions... we are all adults and i'm sure you all agree with me with i say "Willing buyer, willing seller" and vice versa...
        Precisely.. seller will always mark up and sell as high as possible, up to buyer to be alert before buying and to bargain hard. if buyer is lazy (and in this time and age, esp with the internet, not doing your checks, I have to think you are lazy) and kenna chopped, buyer can only blame himself/ herself.
        ."

Comment

yeah!!!
          Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

anyway here seldom got ppl kana chopped lar...hahaha....compared to the PK shops...hit rates are much lower....

Comment

Originally posted by louisoh View Post
              I'd say you are a moderate moderator, Hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Ender View Post
                Precisely.. seller will always mark up and sell as high as possible, up to buyer to be alert before buying and to bargain hard. if buyer is lazy (and in this time and age, esp with the internet, not doing your checks, I have to think you are lazy) and kenna chopped, buyer can only blame himself/ herself.

Correction, 95% chance such buyer is lazy.
                ."

Comment

TS, this is a very good thread. However, this is a timeless cartwheel topic tat will never have an end.

my personal opinion of things in the market place section:

definition of shady: stolen goods or fakes or 3rd party components that are advertised as genuine. (obviously list is non-exhaustive) but most bros here should get the drift.

Buy low & sell high: nothing with that. isn't everyone doing the same everywhere? If the shareprice of a certain financial institution that our gahmen had acquired goes thru the roof in the future, can our gahmen be accused of being shady or even worse, spotting a character flaw? Go figure.

On the other hand, I feel that seller has an obligation to be truthful on the origins of the watch to the buyer. If the latter is not comfortable: just walk away.

Similarly, if i can buy an "M" SD at $7k and sell it at 8k, that's my capability. Who is to judge me for selling in excess of 1k? On the flipside, does selling the SD at a price of 3.5k make me a good man? If that happens, I think a million brothers here will have a greater propensity to think that either the SD is a fake, faulty or from doubtful origins.

Whatever it is, it's up to the buyer to conduct all the necessary checks prior to buying a pre-owned pieces. caveat emptor: may the buyer beware.

For me, it's more of buying the seller than the watch. U must exercise yr own judgement.
                  Remnants of my irresponsibility:
                  "Foreign affections"
                  1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
                  2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
                  3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
                  4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
                  What's NEXT?

Comment

Originally Posted by Ender
                    Precisely.. seller will always mark up and sell as high as possible, up to buyer to be alert before buying and to bargain hard.

So it goes back to the mill again, when u bargain hard, you are labelled lowballer. Goes round and round isn't it? Looks like there's no end

Comment

well...i dun mind being label anything as long i get my watch at the price i wanted..hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
                        well...i dun mind being label anything as long i get my watch at the price i wanted..hahaha
                        Wah Flying Dragon, you are the MAN

Comment

Thanks bro...haha.mayb i just a cheapo...hehehehe....

Comment

I agree with you guys.

Wah I thought my post would be powerful enough to stop everyone from posting. In the end..worse even more post

Just want this to end...that's all. Didn't say dun agree with most of you here.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

aiyo...just putting in 2cents of comments mah..hahaha..or else in office how to kill time har..lolz..

Comment

Originally posted by surestik View Post
                                Originally Posted by Ender
                                Precisely.. seller will always mark up and sell as high as possible, up to buyer to be alert before buying and to bargain hard.

So it goes back to the mill again, when u bargain hard, you are labelled lowballer. Goes round and round isn't it? Looks like there's no end
                                If seller asks too high, buyer walks. If buyer lowballs, seller walks.
                                Common pt is, whether you seller or buyer, to know what you are getting. There's no going round and round cause sooner or later either the highballer comes down and/or and the lowballer goes up and there is a mutually agreed price to deal. This is of course, subject to the individual seller and buyer's desire to transact.
                                ."

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X