No announcement yet.

Build "relationship" with your AD? Can?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the problem with ADs is that they also try to act as if they are treating you very nice by giving you freebies, so-called good discount...but in fact they are giving it to everyone...

Oceanklassik, you reminded me of one experience with my AD years back... I bought a Rolex from them and was given 15% discount. That "very nice" saleperson said it is a very special discount and is only given to me because I am a "special" customer of them. The worst is, he told me not to tell anyone about the amount of discount that was given to me. A few months later, my friend want to buy the same watch and since that "very nice" saleperson is so nice, I recommended my friend to look for him. In the end, he got the same discount as mine and that was his first purchase from that AD... mind you, I didn't tell my friend the discount I got. I then I asked myself, "Am I so naive?"

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
    Got to know WOS AD from friend. AD and friend very close relationship because friend is regular. We were introduced. Trusted friend's recommendation and AD. Approached AD w/o doing homework and immediately bought a watch from him, thinking I got the best discount. WRONG! Found out later that any walk-in customer gets the same, if not better discount. Blame myself for being a sucker.

Comment

1) true true.

2) if i were you, i would have insisted for free.

3) yeah. i agree with you it is sales tactic. however, i would have move on to a different SE. so far, my SE yet to pull this kind of service. in fact, limited edition of hublot, brought to my attention several times in the end also no buy. but the SE still bring and show me if i happen to drop by and there is one inside the safe.

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
      1. with the money I saved buying from PIs, I can subscribe 5 years of watch magazines send to my doorstep.
      2. how come I have to pay for my leather straps for my PAM from my AD?
      3. I can always "cut queue" by paying the premium ADs is asking for those limited edition watches... they will always say,"let me check my safe, OH, you're paying cash... let me see, HA, there is one, please wait for 10 minutes" and you will see a big smile on their faces....
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

most of the time, my SE will ask me for urself or friend, discount structure confirm not the same as mine. however, on the day itself, depends on bargaining skills lor.

however, i know of one particular AD which if you pay cash, the discount really fantastic one.

In the end, he got the same discount as mine and that was his first purchase from that AD... mind you, I didn't tell my friend the discount I got. I then I asked myself, "Am I so naive?"
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
        2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
          most of the time, my SE will ask me for urself or friend, discount structure confirm not the same as mine. however, on the day itself, depends on bargaining skills lor.

however, i know of one particular AD which if you pay cash, the discount really fantastic one.
          Paying cash fantastic discount , which brand, rolex, pam??? can kai siao, kam sia kam sia

Comment

rolex. this lobang is not from me, it is from my office colleague.

i better define fantastic first. price diff from my AD and his is like 400 difference for 2 brand new rolex (non sports models).

not sure if sports models can have such price diff or not.

Originally posted by daveevan View Post
            Paying cash fantastic discount , which brand, rolex, pam??? can kai siao, kam sia kam sia
            Last edited by triton; 22-08-08, 04:26 PM.

kindly email with
            2. your nick

Comment

BROS!!! My ADs called me to view their new DSSD. Wow... I think that's what we meant by building relationship huh....

View only huh... control... control....

Comment

BROS!!! My ADs called me to view their new DSSD. Wow... I think that's what we meant by building relationship huh....

Go there must tell me what's the price hor...

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

hahahaa...do i sense some "sarcasm" in your "this is what we meant by building relationship huh...." ?
                  I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                  A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                  Audemars Piguet ROO
                  Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                  De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                  Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                  Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                  Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                  IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                  Panerai 270
                  Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                  Rolex 116610LV
                  Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

i only believe in case by case basis...or per purchase basis... thn hor, whtever SA say, listen teo ho.... come out the other ear .... hahhahaha

the only time i trust SA fully if my very good frd or relative = SA. if not, sales ppl mah... their mouth = their asset ... hahhaa... i believe some bros here in sales ( other trade )... share share some white lies or lies u tell to customer leh

Comment

Originally posted by pet View Post
                      i only believe in case by case basis...or per purchase basis... thn hor, whtever SA say, listen teo ho.... come out the other ear .... hahhahaha

the only time i trust SA fully if my very good frd or relative = SA. if not, sales ppl mah... their mouth = their asset ... hahhaa... i believe some bros here in sales ( other trade )... share share some white lies or lies u tell to customer leh
                      Agree agree..with UNCLE pet

Comment

Originally posted by pet View Post
                        Hahaha relative must also see what type leh, those ah li ah loo type ah better forget it!

Comment

maybe he should as a CLOSE to that...haha

Comment

Originally posted by surestik View Post
                            Hahaha relative must also see what type leh, those ah li ah loo type ah better forget it!
                            maybe close relatives, close frds, usually wont rip u off, thn hor, should get best pricing leow...hahaa

if ah li ah chor .. gv good discount, also can lah

Comment

hi

for my views i think no need build good relationship. it bull****. as long as u got money, they will sell u. they wont because u r a loyal customer they sell u rare piece or cheaper. no such things 1. they will chop u even more cause easy to earn money from u

Comment

no la. think in their shus. u got gd customer, u cherish or nt. u got lousy customer but always buy frm u then how le? then u got some customer seldom buy but intro lots of customer to buy then how?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X