Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

replied
    Thanks for the in-dept thoughts....
    With the Stock market keep falling downing these days, I am not surprised that property market will drop back to 2004 level....

Originally posted by darth-khips View Post
    cainhill area is always a puzzle. in terms of address desirability around orchard area, pecking order would be ardmore, orange grove, patersonfollow by cainhil....but to be frank, thats just not correct. firstly cairnhill on higher ground and also even closer to main orchard road. and cairnhill is dominated by just 2 developers so price control is good. however, perhaps people prefer near town but not that near....so ardmore and paterson seems to historically command higher prices. moreoverm Cairnhill also had older apartments, thus lower prices but that area has gone thu alot of redevelopment.

neverthless, i cannot with hand to heart pay that kinda of prices. pre 2004 start of bull run, in remember cairnhill/peck hay versus balmoral spread was very narrow, like for like aged apartments was like 50psf difference. now its gone ballistic.

Leave a comment:

• darth-khips
    replied
    Originally posted by 116520 View Post
    CORRTECT!!!!
    bro, what about Orchard, Cairnhill area??
    cainhill area is always a puzzle. in terms of address desirability around orchard area, pecking order would be ardmore, orange grove, patersonfollow by cainhil....but to be frank, thats just not correct. firstly cairnhill on higher ground and also even closer to main orchard road. and cairnhill is dominated by just 2 developers so price control is good. however, perhaps people prefer near town but not that near....so ardmore and paterson seems to historically command higher prices. moreoverm Cairnhill also had older apartments, thus lower prices but that area has gone thu alot of redevelopment.

neverthless, i cannot with hand to heart pay that kinda of prices. pre 2004 start of bull run, in remember cairnhill/peck hay versus balmoral spread was very narrow, like for like aged apartments was like 50psf difference. now its gone ballistic.

Leave a comment:

• jazz_samz
    replied
    Well the reason for targeting psf to me is not a relative concept, it helps to normalise the value of a district and hence identifying / giving a gauge of its worth versus another district.
    I agree that yield term is the ultimate measurement but for an investment perspective, I would still fall on the psf as a guide regardless.

I too am hoping that D10 prices are first to react... still waiting to pounce when the opportunity arise.
    why keep targeing psf?? psf is only a relative concept....think in terms of yield lah. but mark my words.....condos in dist 10 in the last 2 booms an 1 bust, always first to react. so if you are after a high beta property, go for newton clusters and farrer/bukittimah clusters. for landed, 6th ave and serangon gardens and katong first to turn

Leave a comment:

replied
    CORRTECT!!!!
    bro, what about Orchard, Cairnhill area??

why keep targeing psf?? psf is only a relative concept....think in terms of yield lah. but mark my words.....condos in dist 10 in the last 2 booms an 1 bust, always first to react. so if you are after a high beta property, go for newton clusters and farrer/bukittimah clusters. for landed, 6th ave and serangon gardens and katong first to turn

Leave a comment:

• darth-khips
    replied
    Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
    Like to hear your commets bros and sis

For district 10 and 11, how much PSF u forsee the market will drop to in this down turn for a 99yr leasehold and a freehold?
    How much gap between the two would you consider one over the other?
    Like d10 900psf for FH and 650psf for 99yrs?
    Above a just my expectation hor.
    the leasehold/freehold spread is not as prevalent these days....the UK courts are ruling on leaseholds extentions and topics along with it. expect these to filter down to singapore. some landed properties in singapore in pockets of bukit timah and bedok have only ard low 20 years left....their lease top ups would have long lasting implications for singapore property scene.

many 99 choice leasehold condos ahve already outperform no prime location FHs in one property bull cycle.

if you r buying for own stay, might as well pay less and get more space.

DK

Leave a comment:

• darth-khips
    replied

Leave a comment:

• pet
    replied
    Originally posted by 116520 View Post
    I paid around this price in 2004....

now is 2009...
    Wah!!! U more hiong than me ah. U really feel that bukit timah D10 freehold will drop to that level? Of course I do hope as well. I do see that he posibility is extremely high but it just me with my own analysis. I duno if I am alone here though.
    hahah ... no hiong lah... go bck to those pre-siow pricing only mah ... hee

hillview already less thn 650, with some development less thn 600.

bt timah, nexus. maplewoods ... abt 900 to 1200.. i think some bigger and some odd units less thn 900

Leave a comment:

replied
    I paid around this price in 2004....

now is 2009...

Originally posted by pet View Post
    will consider if ..
    d10 ( in town ) .. below 900psf can consider. ( freehold ) ;p
    d10... bt timah ( 6th ave area to KAP ) below 750psf ( freehold )
    d23 .. hillview area below 550psf. ( freehold )

but hor, market really bad, trying to rent a brand new unit ( in town ) out for some time leow, still no takers

past couple of months, bring my dad near tts for medical treatment ( twice weekly ) ... tts area change alot, so many new apt at thomson, balestier area, wonder spore got so much population for the take up or not ..hmmm

Leave a comment:

• louisoh
    replied
    Me hdb also bo lui buy.....

Leave a comment:

• jazz_samz
    replied
    Wah!!! U more hiong than me ah. U really feel that bukit timah D10 freehold will drop to that level? Of course I do hope as well. I do see that he posibility is extremely high but it just me with my own analysis. I duno if I am alone here though.
    Originally posted by pet View Post
    will consider if ..

but hor, market really bad, trying to rent a brand new unit ( in town ) out for some time leow, still no takers

past couple of months, bring my dad near tts for medical treatment ( twice weekly ) ... tts area change alot, so many new apt at thomson, balestier area, wonder spore got so much population for the take up or not ..hmmm

Leave a comment:

• pet
    replied

For district 10 and 11, how much PSF u forsee the market will drop to in this down turn for a 99yr leasehold and a freehold?
    will consider if ..

Leave a comment:

• jazz_samz
    replied

Leave a comment:

• seiko.citizen
    replied
    Originally posted by icecream View Post
    The only reason I can think of why this particular property is so popular is because of the smaller units, which makes owning a private property more 'reachable' la. Otherwise base on psf rates, can get a better deal elsewhere.
    thats very true. Same thing happening everywhere, which is why i dont advise new dwellings as a investment purchase.

Im considering a place in Oz, but have the same dilemma.

Leave a comment:

• wolfeyes1974
    replied
    Originally posted by Andrew Tay
    james, river gate can get at S$900psf. hopefully, my en-bloc timing is just nice so that i can buy the unit there.

now en-bloc go to high court cos got one owner refuse to sell.....strata board approved the en-bloc already.
    think the one i saw is RVS..something like that...but Rivergate's price is pretty attractive just that the development is a big one...

Leave a comment:

• angry
    replied
    River Valley Condo's got a lot of mamasan, nightclub hostess, prost......staying.

Leave a comment:

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
Working...
X