Possible Foreign Workers Dorm in S'goon Gardens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Foreign Workers Dorm in S'goon Gardens

I am surprised this topic didn't come out. I would love to hear your take on this...and of course do vote!

Personally...my take on this is...I am against this.

Maybe my opinions is abit bias,so i hope to hear from you guys.

I was staying in S'goon Gardens till I was 6,until I moved further out to another part of Serangoon. But still I would go to S'goon gardens at least 2-3 times a week for meals,grocery shopping and stuff. This place means alot to me,it's a wonderful place I would say.

Security concerns would be one of the biggest reasons why I am against this.
    Yes
    26.09%
    No
    73.91%

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Aiya... more and more politics here in this forum huh... honestly this topic is very straightforward...

given a choice, I would prefer to stay with foreign talents than foreign workers...

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
      Aiya... more and more politics here in this forum huh... honestly this topic is very straightforward...

given a choice, I would prefer to stay with foreign talents than foreign workers...
      ha loh, no politics....so no sleep with FT also.... sleep with F ladies...

Comment

Originally posted by pet View Post
        ha loh, no politics....so no sleep with FT also.... sleep with F ladies...
        Foreign ladies are welcome.
        Rolex stainless steel daytona (black dial)
        Rolex LV submariner
        Rolex TT black submariner
        Rolex GMT2 Pepsi
        Rolex Non date submariner
        Rolex Explorer2
        More...

Comment

my neighbours are foregin workers. i have lived with them for 4 years already. what is my take.

simple, they bring their culture to sg, **** and urinate and spit where they like. china and india and bangadelsh. when they clear out before the next group comes in, alot of cockroaches and small mice running around. this is because about 20 ppl sleep in a house. used to be 30-40. it is always hazard.

for security, they dont really pose much of a threat. but it is their culture that cannot handle. look @ little india, when they congreate, they leave behind so much litter. they also urinate anywhere.

i think it is ok if they live in their dorm. at least living condition they handle on their own. however the dorm must have their own space for them to drink, chit chat. but most dorm dont allow them to bring in alcohol to prevent them for being rowdy.

cuts both ways, if they cannot drink in their dorm, then they will drink outside and pose social problems.
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

If S'goon Gardens become Foreign Workers Dorm, resell properties prices there will drop big.
            Rolex LV submariner
            Rolex GMT2 Pepsi
            Rolex Explorer2
            More...

Comment

He he, really dig the real estate resale bit, good one... But seriously doesn't matter if foreigners or locals as long as they co-exist peacefully and not mess up the neighborhood. I think the 'powers that be' will take the precautionary measures and enforce appropriate rules and regulations.
              [FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Time is like a ship on a merciless sea, drifting toward an abyss of nothingness until it can be rechartered for its own destiny[/FONT].

Comment

Yeah their "culture" is the main thing the foreign workers need to overcome. I'd say "culture" as I do not see the foreign talents from the same countries practicing it.

Maybe there should be an area that could be developed for this purpose. IMO, putting them up next to the cemetery is just too cruel.

Comment

Why not MP choose an area near to their home for foreign workers dorm development. Wonder how they will feel?
                  Last edited by teo; 08-09-08, 10:09 AM.
                  Rolex LV submariner
                  Rolex GMT2 Pepsi
                  Rolex Explorer2
                  More...

Comment

Heard alot of ministers living at Bt Timah... which ave, i dun say la...
                    A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

Still got 2 bros vote yes??????

Originally posted by triton View Post
                      my neighbours are foregin workers. i have lived with them for 4 years already. what is my take.

simple, they bring their culture to sg, **** and urinate and spit where they like. china and india and bangadelsh. when they clear out before the next group comes in, alot of cockroaches and small mice running around. this is because about 20 ppl sleep in a house. used to be 30-40. it is always hazard.

for security, they dont really pose much of a threat. but it is their culture that cannot handle. look @ little india, when they congreate, they leave behind so much litter. they also urinate anywhere.

i think it is ok if they live in their dorm. at least living condition they handle on their own. however the dorm must have their own space for them to drink, chit chat. but most dorm dont allow them to bring in alcohol to prevent them for being rowdy.

cuts both ways, if they cannot drink in their dorm, then they will drink outside and pose social problems.

Comment

Originally posted by louisoh View Post
                        Heard alot of ministers living at Bt Timah... which ave, i dun say la...
                        6 la.
                        "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

Comment

Originally posted by teo View Post
                          Why not MP choose an area near to their home for foreign workers dorm development. Wonder how they will feel?
                          LOL..these people voted for pap aljunied GRC during last election..their karma really come fast..

Comment

On the other hand, if you rely on MP to settle this issue, it will be hard for them unless the govt locate those foreign workers in Johor, then everyone will be happy....

Originally posted by leslie View Post
                            LOL..these people voted for pap aljunied GRC during last election..their karma really come fast..

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                              On the other hand, if you rely on MP to settle this issue, it will be hard for them unless the govt locate those foreign workers in Johor, then everyone will be happy....
                              u send to johor then anwar will kpkb liao..u think JB all waste land?

hehe..that time IMF also ask people protest in batam..indonesian garment also must take care of people protesting against pap?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X