Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Shares To Invest?????

hi guys,
    I am sure there are shares experts here too... in this technical recession, it is a chance to buy shares????.... pls advice which one to buy/hold/sell..... thanks!!!!
    Last edited by triton; 13-10-08, 07:27 AM.

my take is that wait for awhile more...more bad news to come.

if u are already in the market and is paper loss, then hang on to it. it will take about another 5 years before it gets back to prior to the recent free fall.

if u got no capital to hold, maybe it is time to look and evaluate if you want to cut loss.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

BUY CITYDEV. Anything below $6 just buy and HOLD. GO LONG, keep till it reaches $10...

Comment

buy in the blue chips & holdddddddddddd till it harvests big time!!!

Comment

Depends on what is your strategy... i.e. how many percent of your investment capital goes into the following allocation : x% long term, y% short term, z% immediate (contra).

If you are looking at immediate term and feeling risky... You have to understand that "penny" stocks with just a cent or up to 5 cents gain is significantly higher in terms of % than the blue chips.
          I am going in and out or vice versa of this bcos of its good % gain. You MUST recognise its the same should it go southwards...

You have to monitor it 90% of the time in this current economic climate. If you don't have time to, then do don't do immediate term stocks... Plant and park your money of Blue Chips and just sit back... Particularly those that are somehow linked to govt...
          In the current economic climate, don't play short term stocks.. cos you don't know what is gona happen the next 24hrs..

Some of my long-term stock plans are Captial Land, SIA, Singtel, SembMar, Keppel etc...

BUT the most important thing is, know when to pull the plug when necessary.. NEVER be greedy.... it kills many!!! Especially when there is a major downward activity, you have to make a quick decision be it to cut loss, cut profit (less than yr target sell) or just to pay kopi money.
          Last edited by jazz_samz; 13-10-08, 09:45 AM.

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
          - GMT II
          - GMT IIc TT
          - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
          - Master Eight Days (1608420)
          - U1
          - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Yeap... agree with the guys here. If you have capital... go into buy big blue chips and sit and wait for 2, 3 or even 5 years. But don't use up all your capital to buy now. Buy a little first, if (probably will) prices continue to drop buy more. And then wait...

If looking short-term... might as well adopt the "milo-tin strategy". Put your money in the milo tin, close it, put under your bed, tomorrow wake up and open the tin, guess what? Money still there!

And the thing about greed... It can work for you or work against you. So regulate it! Simple advice, if governments listened to this, we wouldn't have been in this deep sh*t.
            The ArmchairEconomist

Comment

Can get Capitaland, undervalued atm.
              "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

Comment

Actually... so many stock are undervalued now. Just who has the balls of steel to throw in money now.
                The ArmchairEconomist

Comment

market rebound 145 points....

friday drop ~150
                  today rise 145
                  if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                  1. subject heading indicating your issue
                  2. your nick
                  3. your corresponding email address
                  4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Aiyo, you ask us???? My advice is randomly choose 2-3 stocks and buy... Nobody in this world will know what happened in the stock market....

Why don't you ask us which rolex to buy instead???

Comment

Hehehe agree with 116520

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Think of it, this hobby has probably saved my money. If I would not have bought watches, I would have used the money for stock market. Then I would have lost more than my watches depreciation. This is how I justify spending for watches hehehe
                        [SIZE="2"][U][B]Movement collection:[/B][/U]
                        [U]German:[/U] Junghans 687, Durowe 7420
                        [U]Russian:[/U] Poljot 3133, Poljot 2612, Vostok
                        [U]Chinese:[/U] Seagull
                        [U]Japanese:[/U] Seiko(s)
                        [U]Swiss:[/U] ETA(s)+Valjoux+Unitas(s), Zenith(s), JLC, Rolex, Lemania(s), IWC[/SIZE]

Comment

Bottom line here...enjoy your watches

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Hary View Post
                            Think of it, this hobby has probably saved my money. If I would not have bought watches, I would have used the money for stock market. Then I would have lost more than my watches depreciation. This is how I justify spending for watches hehehe
                            i fully agree.... so eyeing another Rolex...hahahaha
                            There is a very fine line between this "hobby" and "mental illness."

Look on the wife's face when VISA bill arrived, Priceless!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                              market rebound 145 points....
                              Be careful of false dawn... How the reasue plans works out is still to be seen.

I'm not a pessimist. Just a realist. But at least there is something to cheer about in the short term. All rescue packages comes at a cost. Someone has to pay sooner or later. And its not going to be the politicians (who will look good looking like heroes)... but the taxpayers. The effects of this crisis will be far reaching...
                              The ArmchairEconomist

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X