No announcement yet.

Nice Car or watches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Bro throttle, I think 2008 model still quite expensive compared to 06 model leh.... Saw a 1 owner oct 06 1 owner CLS asking for 120 plus k.....

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
      In that case, you should be well versed to do some maintenance on your own cars without the need of workshop unless it require computer diagnosis.
      I have worked on my old Merc 320 CE before and that's when I had my own home garage... Given that I am living in an apartment now here I don't think I can do the same.......

Comment

Originally posted by Throttle
        Normal lah, we all think of things relative to others especially when closer to our hearts.

I use to relate everything to cigars.
        For example one Daytona is one full years supply of premium cuban cigars.
        But i soon depart from viewing it that way, especially with valuable luxury watches.

I differentiate between consumables and durables.

Car and cigar considered consumables
        Watches considered durables.

When i buy a car i just hv to decide how much i'm willing to write off
        When i buy cigars, i treat it like food and petrol.
        When i buy watches, i treat it like property.
        First must like and willing to keep, next must be within budget and finally must hv fair value.

Haha
        true...a car is definitely a consumable over here....

can't collect them, can only use and depreciate them accordingly....
        Opportunities come once

Comment

The 320 CE is a great car to pimp to look mafia.
          A full size coupe is in a class of its own.

I'm looking at $165k cheap for my very high specced CLS.
          But totally no rush to sell. Perfect for my family still.
          Yeah had to let it go when I left Australia.... Sold it for only 20k. Will let you know if I am keen on your CLS bro

Comment

Just viewed an X5 and the condition was lemony.... Dealer asking sky high price and dealt me a low blow for mine as a trade in....

Starting to think if I should give my car a complete service instead so that it drives brand new again! Decisions, decisions, decisions!

Comment

Singapore nowadays always flooded... cars are not water-proof but watches are...

Comment

Originally posted by monstaR View Post
                Just viewed an X5 and the condition was lemony....
                to be fair, it could be that the bmw never had a very good condition to start with. my gp has a first gen X5, and i can see gaps in the dash and door panels. also the glove box wont close properly. according to him, this was a problem when the car was about 3-4yrs old.
                [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                Blue 6694
                Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

hahah, i told you , best is owner to owner deal.
                  i buy and sell most of my cars from and to direct owners
                  Yeah true but the headache is that I have to privately sell my car.....

Comment

to be fair, it could be that the bmw never had a very good condition to start with. my gp has a first gen X5, and i can see gaps in the dash and door panels. also the glove box wont close properly. according to him, this was a problem when the car was about 3-4yrs old.
                    Yeah some factory delivered cars are definitely not up to scratch..... but this one that I have seen is not worth in excess of 100k.

Comment

Yea been having this dilemma for the past 1 yr. Left 2.5 years to go with current car. Really love to get the c-class $170k, 2nd option scirocco $140k but when i think if just get a lancer or swift $90k, i can save at least $50k but will not be enjoying the ride......ahhh 2 more years to think over it, but if car price still go up i will just go for taxi liao

Comment

Originally posted by eastsider View Post
                        Yea been having this dilemma for the past 1 yr. Left 2.5 years to go with current car. Really love to get the c-class $170k, 2nd option scirocco $140k but when i think if just get a lancer or swift $90k, i can save at least $50k but will not be enjoying the ride......ahhh 2 more years to think over it, but if car price still go up i will just go for taxi liao
                        buy mark X. i reckon should give the scirocco/c class a run for its money, still got change left over to upgrade some parts

tbh, i wouldnt mind a mark X in perth. too bad my country wont allow me to import
                        [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                        [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                        Blue 6694
                        Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                        [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                        [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

As an luxury utility, it's prudent to keep it within 30% of income.

30% car 30% house 30% watch

Most people would like a nicer ride. But at current COE rates, it's a 6263, EOD, 217s gone.
                          IMO 20% is most comfortable to plan.

Looking at the pie, anything more than 30% must be treated as entertainment/interest fee.
                          30 car 30 entertainment
                          50 car 10 entertainment

There are people who spend a lot on car but little else.

I like bro throttle's illustration.
                          Watch is asset, car is not.
                          Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

50% savings and investment is ideal. 10% car is also ideal.

But not many people have ideal salary le. Not me.

5% watch I got to buy g shock liao. Ha
                            Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

why cannot import?

tbh, i wouldnt mind a mark X in perth. too bad my country wont allow me to import
                              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                              1. subject heading indicating your issue
                              2. your nick
                              3. your corresponding email address
                              4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

how about investment/insurance

Originally posted by Watcha View Post
                                As an luxury utility, it's prudent to keep it within 30% of income.

30% car 30% house 30% watch
                                if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                                1. subject heading indicating your issue
                                2. your nick
                                3. your corresponding email address
                                4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X