My first summon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first summon

Got a love letter from traffic police yesterday, for parking along the the zigzag lane. Actually it's not my first summon, but the first offence with demerits points deduction. Managed to maintain 'clean sheet' for years!!! and now 3 points gone.

Place of offence: near my home, bought chicken rice from coffee shop. I have been doing this for years and never kana fined. $3 chicken rice now become $120
    [SIZE="2"][U][B]Movement collection:[/B][/U]
    [U]German:[/U] Junghans 687, Durowe 7420
    [U]Russian:[/U] Poljot 3133, Poljot 2612, Vostok
    [U]Chinese:[/U] Seagull
    [U]Japanese:[/U] Seiko(s)
    [U]Swiss:[/U] ETA(s)+Valjoux+Unitas(s), Zenith(s), JLC, Rolex, Lemania(s), IWC[/SIZE]

hahaha..nowadays TP quite on the ball de...lol.....end of year bonus coming mah...so have to work harder lor.....
    Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

oh dear. Sorry to hear that. U can try writing in to waive off demerit points and offer an excuse? I personally have not done so but a friend of mine gave the excuse that his nature calling was so intense, he didnt had a choice. And they did waive off the demerit point. I don't know if you will get lucky like my friend though.

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
      - GMT II
      - GMT IIc TT
      - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
      - Master Eight Days (1608420)
      - U1
      - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

thanks for the advice bro. I am not so concerned about the demerit points, but paying $120 is really painful.
        [SIZE="2"][U][B]Movement collection:[/B][/U]
        [U]German:[/U] Junghans 687, Durowe 7420
        [U]Russian:[/U] Poljot 3133, Poljot 2612, Vostok
        [U]Chinese:[/U] Seagull
        [U]Japanese:[/U] Seiko(s)
        [U]Swiss:[/U] ETA(s)+Valjoux+Unitas(s), Zenith(s), JLC, Rolex, Lemania(s), IWC[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by Hary View Post
          thanks for the advice bro. I am not so concerned about the demerit points, but paying $120 is really painful.
          that's like the cost of one original sinn leather strap i think...
          I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
          A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
          Audemars Piguet ROO
          Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
          De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
          Habring2 Pilot Time Date
          Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
          Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
          IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
          Panerai 270
          Patek Philippe 5711/1a
          Rolex 116610LV
          Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

Harry try write in to appeal no harm trying. if not at least can drag the summon payment period hahaha
            You'll Never Walk Alone

Comment

lol..juz take it that you donate some money to charity lor....hahahaha...govt money cannot owed de....lol
              Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

u can try emailing them to appeal. sometimes, its successful. anyway, there's no harm in trying

Comment

Originally posted by Hary View Post
                  Got a love letter from traffic police yesterday, for parking along the the zigzag lane. Actually it's not my first summon, but the first offence with demerits points deduction. Managed to maintain 'clean sheet' for years!!! and now 3 points gone.

Place of offence: near my home, bought chicken rice from coffee shop. I have been doing this for years and never kana fined. $3 chicken rice now become $120
                  Welcome to the club bro!

Try to appeal. Take the fine but appeal for the demerit points. Not too sure about your insurance company, but mine gives additional 5% off (on top of NCB) for clean driving record.
                  The ArmchairEconomist

Comment

i also kena my first but from Jaywalking. NB SGD20.00 sia. Bohua lor.
                    "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

Comment

Bro, friend of mine also kena same like you but without demerit points. Was parking somewhere around Geylang. He did appeal to TP but until now (already 4 months), TP did not get back to him about the summon. Whatever is it, no harm appealing against the offence. Can save abit better still than paying all. Best Regards & Take Care.

Comment

Hi Hary,

armchaireconmist's reason for appealing is exactly the same reason why I asked you to seek a waiver for the demerit points. My insurance company also provides 5% off for clean record... The $$ lost not important, your insurance record more valuable.

Originally posted by armchaireconomist View Post
                        Welcome to the club bro!

Try to appeal. Take the fine but appeal for the demerit points. Not too sure about your insurance company, but mine gives additional 5% off (on top of NCB) for clean driving record.

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                        - GMT II
                        - GMT IIc TT
                        - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                        - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                        - U1
                        - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Originally posted by Nooch View Post
                          hahahahha... sekali .. yr life insurance add 5% premium .... hahahahha

Comment

Originally posted by Nooch View Post
                            $20?.... nabei.. i throw 1 cig butt tio $200... but tat was some time back... now is good citizen liaos..
                            A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

That's why...must kua lor before you cross or throw

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X