• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
    This is Kopi talk...no such thing as off topic HEHEHE
    HEHEHE OK cheers...

hmmmm how about the weather
    ROLEX.

Comment

Hi All! Sorry to revisit a probably dead thread but i figured this thread speaks directly to what i'm about to enquire and i hope to get some response from some of the kind veterans here.

Question: Got a colleague who has a 1999 sub he's looking to let go (with date and that big maginifying glass thingy), probably could offer him 7k-7.5k and it's mine. The only caveat is he has no box nor papers to come along with the watch. I could get it verified at any of the legit pawn shops (read that RSC doesn't provide authentication anymore) but i'm still hanging on the fence...

Pardon me if this is irrelevant or posted in the wrong section...This will be my first rolex and i'm entirely clueless what to expect or check for.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

personally i won't go to a pawn shop.

i would prefer to go to a preown watch shop that has been around for a while and have reputation.

i prefer to get a watch with papers as a minimum as it is possible to source for box and manuals and other accessories.

if you don't feel comfortable. then don't get it.

Originally posted by Lobbiez View Post
        Hi All! Sorry to revisit a probably dead thread but i figured this thread speaks directly to what i'm about to enquire and i hope to get some response from some of the kind veterans here.

Question: Got a colleague who has a 1999 sub he's looking to let go (with date and that big maginifying glass thingy), probably could offer him 7k-7.5k and it's mine. The only caveat is he has no box nor papers to come along with the watch. I could get it verified at any of the legit pawn shops (read that RSC doesn't provide authentication anymore) but i'm still hanging on the fence...

Pardon me if this is irrelevant or posted in the wrong section...This will be my first rolex and i'm entirely clueless what to expect or check for.

Thanks in advance!
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

im not an expert so ill leave it to others who are more confident. ill stick to box and papers unless its a vintage then ill consider

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
          Working...
          X