Advisory : Buying from private dealers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advisory : Buying from private dealers

Hi guys, i'm new here. Like to ask if any feedbacks and advice buying rolex from dealers in the forum? I saw quite a few ads by horologyfanatic, AMG, joeyqu69. Do give me some advice. Tks a lot

Buying from private dealers

Anyone tried buying luxury watches from private dealers here in sg-soc? They seem to have fairly new member registration dates and almost zero reference since no one actually posted their sales experience.

What gives?

Comment

Originally posted by nehpyh View Post
      Anyone tried buying luxury watches from private dealers here in sg-soc? They seem to have fairly new member registration dates and almost zero reference since no one actually posted their sales experience.

What gives?
      People have been buying n trading on SG-ROC for years bro...... many are ok.

You can also see some shops above in the adverts... these are all placed by SG-ROC and are / should be ok.

Much info can be found on trading here.... just do a search

Take advantage of paid verification at Service Center ( Rolex ) and if price is good, you should be good.

( Myself - I buy from the Local AD's.... and get looked after accordingly. )

Lastly GOOD LUCK.
      ROLEX.

Comment

Originally posted by nehpyh View Post

What gives?
        I did buy from one of such seller before. New member, no feedback, but price was good. Basically you must be able to verify the watch yourself or send the watch for authentication. If possible try to ask for no-obligation viewing so that you can back out if you are not comfortable with the watch or the person. Sometimes it helps to be honest to the seller and just let him know you are not fully confident since he is a new seller with no feedback. A genuine and good seller would not be offended (and if he does then just pass it up).

Some buyers takes some calculated risk for a good bargain, while some want to be very safe even for a $1k watch, so it depends on what sort of person you are.
        Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

yup, buying from private dealer are perfectly alright as long as you know what your stuff.

I myself, bought my sub from a dealer; and intro my friends to get another 2 - all turn out good and we didn't even go for verification.

Comment

Yes, totally agreed. Most important trust the watch rather than seller. As long as you make sure the watch is verified and real then pay. Don't trust on photos or pictures. See the watch first. Some good brands like Rolex, AP, PP, IWC can be easily recognized. Best if documents are packaged together.

Comment

hi guys

any recommendation of shop or private dealer that sell 2nd hand watch? newbie here and 1st time buying .. u can PM mi..

Comment

me too!!!

Comment

you may want to refer to the garage section sellers' feedback score as a guide, as usual cavet emptor,

Originally posted by Vessel View Post
                  hi guys

any recommendation of shop or private dealer that sell 2nd hand watch? newbie here and 1st time buying .. u can PM mi..
                  Originally posted by slinzx View Post
                  me too!!!
                  if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                  1. subject heading indicating your issue
                  2. your nick
                  3. your corresponding email address
                  4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

I think most of them are reliable. Had sealed with a few so far and all had been good.

Comment

So far has been good experience. If you worry, can pay for verification at authorized agents.

Comment

Originally posted by Vessel View Post
                        hi guys

Me too...

Omega Constellation 123.10.35.20.01.002
                        Shanghai S107 Classic
                        Rolex Datejust 116243

文章千古事 得失寸心知

Comment

Hi there, yup I just got one last month from a freelance dealer. Got a explorer 2, F series, full polish and service at $5k. But doesn't comes with box. Just the green pouch.. I see it quite a good deal, cost now for F series, it's about 5.2 - 5.4k in roc..

Comment

You mention it has been serviced previously so double check if the service warranty is still valid.

Comment

Checking the watch is important when buying from private... but at least you must have the knowledge on what to check. Otherwise also kena tok.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X