This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Crippy View Post
    Dear all who are interested in this matter, I shall keep this short as I do not want to engage in any form of tussle with Jamy any further. Neither do i want to create anymore disruptions on this forum. I am refraining from further explaining myself as everything said on my part to Jamy has been in vain and i do not want to make the situation any more complex than it already is.

At the end of the day i perceive that it is his words against mine. As such the situation is in a standstill. In my attempt to resolve this issue, I perceived that Jamy's proposal did not take my position into account so, I humbly offered to give him $300 out of goodwill to help out, to which he declined. He might have misunderstood it as an attempt of mine to brush him off. However, due to complexities in this matter, i'd rather let him do with the watch as he pleases. Jamy has once mentioned to me in sms "case close". I thought this episode was over. Since then, he has continued to express his unhappiness towards me on the forum, to the extent of giving me negative ratings twice despite us only having one transaction. True, some may not agree with me, and may think i deserve it, but I do find those words he has used against me piercing and hurtful.

Next, he asked me to make an affirmation and let God be our witness, to which I have already done. I did affirm to him that "I have no prior knowledge of the findings you (Jamy) stated of the watch and i am true to what i have claimed about the watch". With that it must mean, and I understand it to mean that the both of us could agree that, having made the affirmation, which was requested by him, we are to leave it to God, which I did . Unfortunately Jamy thereafter continued expressing his displeasure and continued to pursue the matter through the forums and through a follow-up msg to me. As such, I believe that I should comment no further as this will lead to an endless exchange of words and distress to both parties.

With regards to the photograph on my sales thread, the watch was open by a watch maker briefly so that a pic could have been taken. My actual words on sms to him were "I myself did not open up the watch when I first bought it and I certainly did not tamper with the mechanisms or parts". This was meant to inform him that i never did know about any of the said problems with the watch, hence i could not comment on the findings. I never did say that the watch was not opened at all, as claimed by Jamy, who then went on to claim that I am a liar. The fact is that the watch is with Jamy for over 15 days now.

If what I say is going to be picked on and with him ceaselessly hurting me with his words , I do hope those interested here can understand why I am refraining from anymore comments on the forum from my point of view. He has regarded me as a liar, what else more can or should I say ? I can only wish for his anger to simmer and if I have offended him in any way, that he try to understand my position and difficulties.

Dear mods, if what I have said above is sensitive , please feel free to delete my post according to your discretion. Sorry.
    I failed to understand why can't you take back the watch and provide a full refund.

It's not your fault not knowing that the watch was tempered when you bought it but it doesn't give you an reason not to do the right thing and pass a frankenstein watch to another fellow member without citing an initial clear description of the item you're selling? At least what you could have done was to highlight that you're not the first owner and buyer has to bear risks if parts are not original. If you'd done so, then it's the buyer's responsibility to make sure the parts are ok and take reasonable measures to ensure it. If he failed to so do, then it's not your problem. When we buy a watch of any value online, we buy the reputation of the seller...you've a reputation to upkeep and a responsibility to do the simplest and straightforward thing in this case but it's not happening.

I don't think offering $300 as a goodwill is a reasonable resolution. To begin with, the sale should be as transparent as possible but didn't happen..so where's the goodwill?

Even if the buyer in this case has been holding on to the watch for 15 days...what's your implication on this sentence? I don't understand what is OP is trying to achieve here? He's not asking you to pay for the repair cost but to take back the watch. May i know what's your loss? A watch with some non-original parts? You don't want it for the very exact same reason! Even if he wants you to pay for the costs, you can still be there at the service centre to verify that what he said was true, pay for it and then keep the omega as a final deal. In this case, you get an omega with "original parts", in good/better running condition, sell it again (new buyer and yourself) will have a peace of mind. I don't think a dishonest member will spend days of posting the updates of this case. He must be doing it out of frustrations and helplessness.

Turn the table around, if you're the buyer in similar situation, we'll offer the same advices and inputs.

I would like to think that we're not siding with any of you because we don't know you guys in person but we all aim to have a safe, and responsible forum for items to be transacted
    I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
    A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
    Audemars Piguet ROO
    Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
    De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
    Habring2 Pilot Time Date
    Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
    Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
    IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
    Panerai 270
    Patek Philippe 5711/1a
    Rolex 116610LV
    Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

• To those concerned, in hope to solve this matter amicably, I have sent Jamy a msg and am waiting for him to give me a reply. If you may, please refrain from throwing personal comments as I believe it is not helping towards resolving Jamy and my misunderstanding. Will update you all on this matter. Greatly appreciated.

Comment

• Crippy aka paul lim had finally replied and I hope you can address and settle this matter with Jamy peacefully and uphold your years of good reputation here.
        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
        A Crown for Every Achievement
        Life is Nothing Without Style

Comment

• Dear All, Thanks for your input. I appreciate Paul giving me his proposal yesterday. This is his proposal which I shall present as it is or else he kept saying is his words against mine. I have promise someone on forum that I wont comment anymore. So I shall just put Paul's proposal and you good people please see for yourself whether its a fair one. Thanks and always appreciative of your input whether you are for or against me. :

Paul's proposal:

Hi. Jamy hope this msg finds you in good health. I am msging u in the hope to resolve themisunderstanding that has occured between us. I am wonder if you are willing to SELL ME BACK the Omega instead?If so, what would be the best price you can give me? If you are agreeable, I hope you can quote me your best and reasonable price since I will then take it to have it repaired myself which might incur high costs on my part. Hope you understand. Regards.Paul.
          Unquote.
          facebook.com/watches.jamy

Mine:
          1) Rolex Seadweller T-Series
          2) Seiko Sports Vintage
          3) Chopard Mille Miglia GMT Chrono
          4) Polaris Homage
          5) Heuer Carrera
          6) JLC Memovox Deep Sea
          7) Baume n Mercier
          8) Helson Skindiver
          9) Hamilton Air Race & X-Copter
          10) Longines Chrono
          11) Meistersinger
          12) Omega Triple Date
          13) Tudor Big Block Full set
          14) Revue Theomann Alarm
          15) BALL EM2 World Time
          16) Zenith Triple D

Comment

• I don't understand why is it so difficult to
            do a full refund,after all the omega watch came from you,
            I don't think is right to sell back at a REASONABLE PRICE,
            What the crap is all this?surely u knew something is wrong
            with the watch,if not why is it so hard to take back?
            Anyway crippy,your proposal to jamy is lousy,please do
            the right thing and case will close,everyone move on.

Comment

• Seller returns faulty Omega watch + gentleman apologies for time loss & misunderstanding(If seller is also not aware of the unoriginal parts or conditions of the watch) + return buyer his traded watch OR buy it off if both are agreeable to the price + Hands shake = Case closed....

There is no need for buyer to offer a best price for him to buy back as it should be refunded out of goodwill / gentleman's actions(I rather keep my reputation)even if the seller does not know the conditon but should he explained nicely to buyer Jamy that he too does not know of the unoriginal parts and willing to do a full refund, i think Jamy will not be so unhappy and maybe he will still post a good comment on him as a steady seller,

Cheers to all & hope everything can resolve well as all are watch lovers!

Comment

• Hi. Jamy hope this msg finds you in good health. I am msging u in the hope to resolve themisunderstanding that has occured between us. I am wonder if you are willing to SELL ME BACK the Omega instead?If so, what would be the best price you can give me? If you are agreeable, I hope you can quote me your best and reasonable price since I will then take it to have it repaired myself which might incur high costs on my part. Hope you understand. Regards.Paul.

This is crap, you sold a watch with unoriginal parts(wheather you know or not), you take back the watch and fully refund the money. That is unequivocal. Be righteous and not leave a black mark to your good name.

Comment

• this thread has served its purposed and will be close.

the buyer and seller will resolve this in amicable privately.

thank you.
                  if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                  1. subject heading indicating your issue
                  2. your nick
                  3. your corresponding email address
                  4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X