Magnetized watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magnetized watch

Recently I sent in my base Pam for regulation. A model without seconds hand and minute markers, it must to really off the timing to get me noticing.

I bought the watch without timing issues initially.

The verdict is, my watch is magnetized. Some degauss and its good to go.

How did it got magnetized, I wonder. There must be some sources nearby.
    Laptop? Those tiny speakers? Printers?

Then one day my metal sweet box got stuck to my ipad cover.
    The magnet on the flip cover is actually quite strong.
    Ah.. Maybe...
    Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Oh no.. ... your 390 ah?
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Ya lor the 390 got magnetized.

Maybe you can get a 390 to try also.
      See if ipad can get it magnetized.
      If also get magnetized then confirm liao.
      Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

did you put ur watch in a watch winder?? cheap watch winder may also cause this. I personally experience it

Comment

Watches and magnet

Generally, I do understand watches should not be place close to magnet. I was once working with some super strong magnet and noticed my watch which I was wearing slowed down considerably.

However, I also read that lower ends winder can magnetize watches kept in the winder. This is something I wish someone can verify. In today technolgy age, we are exposé to various electromagnetic fields. Most are via power lines, electronics gadgets, etc. I am sure our watches are not that sensitive to them. I heard most watches will meet the DIN 8309 standard and it is sufficient to protect our watches against such exposure.

Any take?

Comment

watches and magnet

Quickly buy milgus !

Comment

Originally posted by shopiao View Post
              Generally, I do understand watches should not be place close to magnet. I was once working with some super strong magnet and noticed my watch which I was wearing slowed down considerably.

However, I also read that lower ends winder can magnetize watches kept in the winder. This is something I wish someone can verify. In today technolgy age, we are exposé to various electromagnetic fields. Most are via power lines, electronics gadgets, etc. I am sure our watches are not that sensitive to them. I heard most watches will meet the DIN 8309 standard and it is sufficient to protect our watches against such exposure.

Any take?
              No, not most watches meet the DIN 8309 standard for antimagnetic. My understanding is that in order for a watch/model to be defined/marketed as antimagnetic it must meet the DIN 8309 standard as a minimun. There are different ways of building antimagnetic function into a watch. Besides the Rolex Milgauss mentioned by bro LCL, some models from IWC, Ball and even G-Shock, just to name a few, have antimagnetic feature.

Can't answer the question on watch winder as I know nothing about winder, but I won't be surprised if that happens with some cheap and inferior winders.
              Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Revive this thread...

Strong magnet and watches dun mix i understand.

How abt weak magnet like magnet strip used on protective covers for ipad, note etc etc to keep the cover in place? Will these weak magnetic strip magnetise the watch?

TIA

Comment

Pardon me for bringing up this old thread, was also advise by someone that watch winders had the probability of magnetizing watches. So I did some search online about this topic and found various different views, hence was wondering if anyone here had encounter such problems before or is it only certain watch models that are just more susceptible to magnetic fields. Hope someone can shear some lights on this.... thank you and Happy Holiday to all.

Comment

Most watches have features to protect itself against magnet not to worry. Esp Sinn and rolex

Comment

Mine are on winders for years and i dont see any problem. Maybe it meant that the motors of the winders has magnetic field generated therefore would affect the watches? Guess its too weak to have any effect.

Comment

Originally posted by iclebo2014 View Post
                        Most watches have features to protect itself against magnet not to worry. Esp Sinn and rolex
                        Nice to know that

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X