In-car video recorder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In-car video recorder

Anybody using in-car digital video recorders (DVR) in their cars? So many incidents on the roads these days making me nervous. Want to get one but don't know which brand/model to get and how to go about installing it to hide the wires. Any advice? Any experience to share?

Thanks in advance for whatever help you can offer.

You can try blackvue, using it for more than a year and so far quite good. Needs to install with cables to your car battery though.

Comment

not really compulsary... can also be powered by car cigarette jack, but wun be able to activate the motion detection mode..

normal recording when engine on is ok... & blackvue's gd... videos clear & sharp...

Originally posted by stektan View Post
      You can try blackvue, using it for more than a year and so far quite good. Needs to install with cables to your car battery though.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Current:
      BALL Fireman Ionsphere
      Rolex Daytona 116520 M series
      Rolex Sub C 116610LN AN series

Gone:
      BALL Trainmaster Pulsemeter Pro
      IWC GST Chronograph 3707
      Rolex Explorer II D series
      Rolex Sub 16610 M series

Next Target:
      Rolex Day-date 18239!! The president.. :D:D
      AP????

In the meantime:
      Save $$ ar!!! & hope strike TOTO or Big Sweep!! :pray:

Comment

Blackvue? Any recommendations on where to get and to also get it installed properly?

Comment

there are some considerations

1) do you require a screen for viewing?
          2) do you require a dual lens camera?
          3) angle of recording, most are at least 120 degrees. but i prefer 140 degrees minimum.

for wiring, if you buy from shop, they should be able to wire for you. if you buy from petrol kiosk, you can approach most shops that do hi-fi installation can do it for you.

you need to decide if you want the device to power up each time you start your engine or you prefer to have a manual override

for blackvue, just google. there is a authorized distributor in sg.
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Thanks Triton for helping me with my problem!
            I don't need viewing, probably don't need dual lens (i.e., record behind as well?), and ok with your suggested angle.

Only issue is I don't want to have a wire dangling from my rearview mirror area down to my ciggie lighter port. So that means I need to get whatever camera I buy installed. Was hoping even for the charge at home then mount in car type, but seems my option for that is quite limited (maybe GoPro sports cameras with a mount).

Originally posted by triton View Post
            there are some considerations

1) do you require a screen for viewing?
            2) do you require a dual lens camera?
            3) angle of recording, most are at least 120 degrees. but i prefer 140 degrees minimum.

for wiring, if you buy from shop, they should be able to wire for you. if you buy from petrol kiosk, you can approach most shops that do hi-fi installation can do it for you.

you need to decide if you want the device to power up each time you start your engine or you prefer to have a manual override

for blackvue, just google. there is a authorized distributor in sg.

Comment

the blackvue HD camera gets very hot under the sun, which causes it to go headwire. Lots of complaints on this.

Comment

Go to the car forums. Tons of ppl selling car cams ever since the ferrari case.

Originally posted by Motomarc View Post
                Blackvue? Any recommendations on where to get and to also get it installed properly?

Comment

Go down to the coming IT Show. You should be able to see many brands and models with demo.

Comment

Advice is to always have one. Lots of idiots running around nowadays. Even a non-HD one beats he said she said.

Mine is an integrated unit with my Garmin.

Comment

I admit, I am one of the idiot running around. Didn't turn on my headlight yesterday nite after RT at khatib camp until a kind driver hand signal me. Hehe. BTW, anyone try buying car-cam from Internet?
                      sigpic

Comment

yes, i did buy my blackvue from g-market

for me the minimum recording front angle must be at least 120 degrees and must be HD.

Originally posted by Iceheller View Post
                        I admit, I am one of the idiot running around. Didn't turn on my headlight yesterday nite after RT at khatib camp until a kind driver hand signal me. Hehe. BTW, anyone try buying car-cam from Internet?
                        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
                        2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Iceheller View Post

Yes I did...GS1000...appx 100+micro SD,few months back, still works quite well till now..night vision not as clear but Im ok with it.

Comment

Hi,

The frt and back car video recorder i am using is called Mobi i (made in Korea).
                            I have been using it for the last 5 yrs w/o any issue.

If you can afford it (probably another $200-300 more) then go for frt and back
                            because i was involved in a side-to-side accident before and even though the
                            other party was at fault, it resulted in a 50:50 claim.

Best regards,
                            Rolex1977

Comment

can share privately if this can be get locally and price? thanks

Originally posted by Rolex1977 View Post
                              Hi,

The frt and back car video recorder i am using is called Mobi i (made in Korea).
                              I have been using it for the last 5 yrs w/o any issue.

If you can afford it (probably another $200-300 more) then go for frt and back
                              because i was involved in a side-to-side accident before and even though the
                              other party was at fault, it resulted in a 50:50 claim.

Best regards,
                              Rolex1977

kindly email with
                              2. your nick

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X