Funny - Watch trader here.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny - Watch trader here.....

Sell an ORIS Williams watch... asked $500 ( very fair market price considering no box or papers ) last night.... then on meeting beats me down saying poor poor..... so trade at $470.

Now today I see same watch selling here for $799 !!!

HAHAHA..... smart huh !!
    ROLEX.

flip FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by nimm12
      isnt that how preown shops operate?
      even knowing the 'buy low sell high' tactics they use, people still sell and buy through them
      True True
      ROLEX.

Comment

hmm very high profit margin wor.. maybe should become a trader myself

Comment

Had a recent similar experience selling a PAM 305L to a sly guy known as maek.mark here on sgroc.

Agreed on price of 7.8k after reduction from 8.2k, then on meet-up started to story-tell and wanted lower because of certain imperfections of the watch. So sold at 7.4k. Made me drive all the way to his place west to east somemore.

Then he puts it up for sale at 8+k with his thread stating "cheap"!
          "Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed."

Comment

Originally posted by dark.magnet View Post
            Had a recent similar experience selling a PAM 305L to a sly guy known as maek.mark here on sgroc.

Agreed on price of 7.8k after reduction from 8.2k, then on meet-up started to story-tell and wanted lower because of certain imperfections of the watch. So sold at 7.4k. Made me drive all the way to his place west to east somemore.

Then he puts it up for sale at 8+k with his thread stating "cheap"!
            Well I had to bring my product all the way to Parkway Parade to only have myself a no-show... so sad lah!
            I understand how you feel too.
            Visit the DIY Section of Singapore Rolex Club for interesting articles.

Privileged manufacturer for:
            • Panerai Boutiques - Asia-Pacific
            • Montre de MarQue
            • Etoile D'Or
            • Hotel Indonesia
            • Glory Time
            • The Watch-Collector
            • Time Palace
            • The Swiss Connection
            • M Baker
            • Maurice Lacroix
            • Time Marques
            • Timeless Watch Boutique

To Achieve Perfect Aim, just shoot and call anything you hit as TARGET!

Comment

ten10,

I think you are talking about something else?
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Oops, I think I am guilty for flipping a few watches too... But heng uh nobody said anything, probably because I didn't lowball until so jialat. Kekekeke :P
                "Oh enjoying the thrill of the chase is fine. Craving the distraction of the game, I sympathize entirely. But sentiment, sentiment is a chemical defect found in the losing side."

Comment

Originally posted by Dfive View Post
                  Sell an ORIS Williams watch... asked $500 ( very fair market price considering no box or papers ) last night.... then on meeting beats me down saying poor poor..... so trade at $470.

Now today I see same watch selling here for $799 !!!

HAHAHA..... smart huh !!
                  He nego down your price from $500 to $470 is reasonable,... its just a 6% discount.
                  But after spinning you a "poor story" and, to list for $799... a whopping 70% profit, that's half smart.

why half smart? or half dumb? (depending on your perspective)

b'coz he list it too soon,... folks who surf this forum's WTS folder regularly will pick it up.

He should have waited for 3 months at least and then list it for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                    ten10,

I think you are talking about something else?
                    Thx mod...i'm better now, just took my meds
                    Visit the DIY Section of Singapore Rolex Club for interesting articles.

Privileged manufacturer for:
                    • Panerai Boutiques - Asia-Pacific
                    • Montre de MarQue
                    • Etoile D'Or
                    • Hotel Indonesia
                    • Glory Time
                    • The Watch-Collector
                    • Time Palace
                    • The Swiss Connection
                    • M Baker
                    • Maurice Lacroix
                    • Time Marques
                    • Timeless Watch Boutique

To Achieve Perfect Aim, just shoot and call anything you hit as TARGET!

Comment

Originally posted by BAR_Honda View Post
                      He nego down your price from $500 to $470 is reasonable,... its just a 6% discount.
                      But after spinning you a "poor story" and, to list for $799... a whopping 70% profit, that's half smart.

why half smart? or half dumb? (depending on your perspective)

b'coz he list it too soon,... folks who surf this forum's WTS folder regularly will pick it up.

He should have waited for 3 months at least and then list it for sale.
                      I cannot agree more. I have also experienced some of those watches I'd sold being re-posted for sale in the same forum days after, and at a higher price. IMO, I think there is nothing wrong because at the end of the day, it's still 'willing-seller-willing-buyer'. I think there's still a 'risk' for that person to post the same item he/she just bought for sale because he/she may very well get exposed (like in this case). Moreover, there's no 'law/rule' to restrict such a practice in the first place. Well some cases may be for profiteering, but I have seen some others doing it because the liking for the watch just fizzled out after a day or two
                      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                        I cannot agree more. I have also experienced some of those watches I'd sold being re-posted for sale in the same forum days after, and at a higher price. IMO, I think there is nothing wrong because at the end of the day, it's still 'willing-seller-willing-buyer'. I think there's still a 'risk' for that person to post the same item he/she just bought for sale because he/she may very well get exposed (like in this case). Moreover, there's no 'law/rule' to restrict such a practice in the first place. Well some cases may be for profiteering, but I have seen some others doing it because the liking for the watch just fizzled out after a day or two
                        haha... agree bro ! I'm still laughing about it though... hehehe
                        ROLEX.

Comment

Originally posted by nimm12
                          btw are you referring to this ad:
                          http://www.sg-roc.com/threads/110761...Williams-watch

because its the only oris williams without box/paper on sale today at $799
                          buyers know what price to offer now

i am starting to like this forum
                          wink & Glad you like.... hhhehehe
                          ROLEX.

Comment

Well, that is typical behaviour of human being ... Buy low and sell high

Comment

sometime u loss sometime u win...that's life

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X