Be carefull when buying your digital watches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be carefull when buying your digital watches

Most of the time, I see watch buyers taking out an eye-loupe to examine their potential purchase. And these are for the analog kind. Things they do not want to see are scratches on the crystal, case, bracelet, etc. They see until song-song...and then decide if their purchase is good!

Little did I know that, in the digital world, the watches need to be inspected too. Not so much for scratches but for missing or dead pixels. I accompanied a friend to a shop across my house to purchase a digital watch for himself. In the shop, he whipped out an eye-loupe and started to examine his selected digital watch. Its just a $70 casio and I told him, all should be fine...nothing to worry about!

But I was wrong. He detected a dead pixel on one of the digits.

Below photo shows the '5' (month) missing some pixels. Compare this with the larger '5' and you'll know what I mean.

So, be carefull when you buy your next digital watch folks!
    Visit the DIY Section of Singapore Rolex Club for interesting articles.

Privileged manufacturer for:
    • Panerai Boutiques - Asia-Pacific
    • Montre de MarQue
    • Etoile D'Or
    • Hotel Indonesia
    • Glory Time
    • The Watch-Collector
    • Time Palace
    • The Swiss Connection
    • M Baker
    • Maurice Lacroix
    • Time Marques
    • Timeless Watch Boutique

To Achieve Perfect Aim, just shoot and call anything you hit as TARGET!

Originally posted by ten10 View Post
    Most of the time, I see watch buyers taking out an eye-loupe to examine their potential purchase. And these are for the analog kind. Things they do not want to see are scratches on the crystal, case, bracelet, etc. They see until song-song...and then decide if their purchase is good!

Little did I know that, in the digital world, the watches need to be inspected too. Not so much for scratches but for missing or dead pixels. I accompanied a friend to a shop across my house to purchase a digital watch for himself. In the shop, he whipped out an eye-loupe and started to examine his selected digital watch. Its just a $70 casio and I told him, all should be fine...nothing to worry about!

Below photo shows the '5' (month) missing some pixels. Compare this with the larger '5' and you'll know what I mean.

Your friend is lucky that the current month is may. If the month is jan or July, he may not spotted the defects till the turn next month.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up......cool, something new to learn.......

Comment

Thanks for the advise.
        Has learn something new.

Comment

Thanks for sharing .......useful information ..........!

Comment

Something new I learn

Comment

Consider this as 'limited' edition

Comment

thanks for sharing.

using the picture above, i have highlighted 2 places. the 'T' seems to be missing a pixel? based on the letter U base line.

the sub dial missing a pixel also?

how many pixels must be present for the shop to change? is it like TV with X number of pixels then can be change?
                if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                1. subject heading indicating your issue
                2. your nick
                3. your corresponding email address
                4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Watch made in where?
                  sigpic

Comment

Maybe a fake .

Comment

Originally posted by Iceheller View Post
                      Watch made in where?
                      Made in china

seriously bro ten10, i wouldnt have noticed it if i was making that purchase...

way to go towkay triton!!

thanks for sharing bro ten10!
                      Last edited by louie; 29-05-13, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                        thanks for sharing.

using the picture above, i have highlighted 2 places. the 'T' seems to be missing a pixel? based on the letter U base line.

the sub dial missing a pixel also?

how many pixels must be present for the shop to change? is it like TV with X number of pixels then can be change?
                        I dont have the watch with me so cant comment about the TU (day) but the white specs are dust particles.
                        Good question you raised there... sorry I dont have the answer to that.

• Montre de MarQue
                        • Etoile D'Or
                        • Hotel Indonesia
                        • Glory Time
                        • The Watch-Collector
                        • Time Palace
                        • The Swiss Connection
                        • M Baker
                        • Maurice Lacroix
                        • Time Marques

Comment

Originally posted by TanWL View Post
                          Maybe a fake .
                          Its a legit shop with branches all over S'pore so I doubt it'll be a fake.

• Montre de MarQue
                          • Etoile D'Or
                          • Hotel Indonesia
                          • Glory Time
                          • The Watch-Collector
                          • Time Palace
                          • The Swiss Connection
                          • M Baker
                          • Maurice Lacroix
                          • Time Marques

Comment

Mr ten10, read that you are master craftsman, can PM me your shop contact, may dropby to seek for advice sometime down the road. Cheers.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ten10 View Post

Thanks for sharing Ten10! I didnt know that man. Next time I must be careful!
                              Check out my Amateur Watch Blog @ http://parte-di-tempo.blogspot.sg/

tsetse the fly hard to make more $$$ so can buy more timepieces

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X