Authentic Italian Cuisine...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Authentic Italian Cuisine...

Understand that this restaurant is newly opened and thus, decided to give it a try after cancelling my reservation at Dolce Vita. And i never regretted my decision... pretty warm and romantic setup.

The restaurant is located along the Amoy strip which is pretty quiet during the weekends. And thank God that we visited the place on Christmas Day. Initially when we entered, there were only about 3 tables and we were pretty apprehensive. We were told that they were still serving ala carte even though its Christmas day. We were happy about it as ala carte will give us the option to really choose what we like.

I ordered "Fegato d’ anatra" which is simply Duck Foie Gras with caramelized onion and aged balsamic sauce as my appertizer. Its simply.... good. The crispy outer layer (think its coated with flour) was so nicely done which i think, added a new texture into a typical piece of foie gras. The balsamic sauce and the pomegranate goes well with the foie gras. However, i believe more balsamic sauce and the pomegranate would make the dish even better as its really a huge piece of Foie gras.

My wife was not really sure what to order for appertizer and the wait staff asked about her preference and said that they will cook up something specially for her, not from the menu. This was really a nice personal touch to service and two-thumbs up for this gesture. and we were impressed with her appertizer as well. Its cheese and bacon and honestly, don't asked me how its done as i'm not a chef, just s simple diner at the restaurant. But we truly loved the taste and texture of the dish... Truly wonderful. Big portion too.

As for the mains, i had the Risotto al nero di seppia and my wife ordered the Linguine all aragosta. Though the Risotto was not really appealing on the look department, it was well cooked and tasted just like the ones i had in Italy. The lobster on my wife's linguine was fresh and nicely cooked as the meat was tender.

For the desserts, we ordered the typical italian dessert, Tiramisu. As yes, its one of the better ones i had... no qualms about it. ANd yes, not forgetting the bread, its tasted really fresh and hot. Each of us finished 2 pieces even before the appertizers arrived.

As for the service, they really know their stuff and always ready to help and advise on the menu. Excellent services provided by the manager as well as he walked up to us to greet us just after minutes we were seated. Nice and warm gesture.

I think i have spotted another gem again and i sincerely hope that their food and servoce standard will remain the same, if not better. Think i know where to visit the next time for truly authentic italian food. And yes, the chef hails from the tuscan region in Italy.

Anyway, intended to have a nice cuppa italian coffee to sign off my dinner but was so full that i needed to skip my fav coffee The price works out to be about S$80 per pax which i think, its really value for money. But this can subjective though...

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
Working...
X