• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dronell
    replied
    you can rent a car to drive to great ocean road or to some winery
    not recommended to drive within city area

car rental is around $40/day without insurance, with insurance normally $60-70

Leave a comment:

• ac_wong75
    replied
    The challenge driving in melba city is the hook turn
    Have to be careful and look out for the sign at traffic lights
    Usually if tram tracks is on your right be prepared for one

Leave a comment:

• sunny_blue
    replied
    I dun recommend driving in melbourne city itself seems complicated to me. I do drive in other areas in Oz like perth, darwin, brisbane etc...maybe its just me that melbourne gives me the creaps of the trams and cars sharing the same path...

Leave a comment:

• BlckOly
    replied
    how is the driving there in melbourne?
    is car rental people friendly?

Leave a comment:

• dronell
    replied
    watches are not cheap there... expensive

depends on the flight.
    better if you can be in the airport 3 hours before, so at least u have enough time for the GST claim.
    if you go there 4 hours before normally the airline chk in counter is not yet open.

Leave a comment:

• ugllyfat
    replied
    Originally posted by sg.watch View Post
    Great ocean road nice...
    Philip island penguin watching not worth..small penguins can hardly see them coming to shore

Airport check in is a mess, going thru customs so long queue.

Strongly not recommended!!!
    Dun buy watches or jewelleries or even branded goods in melbourne.
    There is only 1 queue for tax rebate counter in airport after tedious check in, the q was so long and i was forced to abandon my claims or else i miss my flight. The airport staff was unfriendly, i told them they shd process my claims first or hv separate queue for those boarding soon but was told rudely to join the long queue.
    Imagine all those ppl in front of u starting digging their luggage n receipts item by item and the queue has 50 person in front of u. Only 3 counters was opened. I queue for 40 mins and in the end i had to give up my claims worth sgd1000.
    They have a useless tax claims system different from major cities in europe where u can either drop the claims into a box or do all necessary papers in advance outside the customs check in.
    Die die only way is to queue... what stupid system for a first class international airport!!!!!!!!!

The pam there cheaper then Sg? Care to share how many hrs u arrived prior boarding?
    Thank you

Leave a comment:

• sg.watch
    replied
    Great ocean road nice...
    Philip island penguin watching not worth..small penguins can hardly see them coming to shore

Airport check in is a mess, going thru customs so long queue.

Strongly not recommended!!!
    Dun buy watches or jewelleries or even branded goods in melbourne.
    There is only 1 queue for tax rebate counter in airport after tedious check in, the q was so long and i was forced to abandon my claims or else i miss my flight. The airport staff was unfriendly, i told them they shd process my claims first or hv separate queue for those boarding soon but was told rudely to join the long queue.
    Imagine all those ppl in front of u starting digging their luggage n receipts item by item and the queue has 50 person in front of u. Only 3 counters was opened. I queue for 40 mins and in the end i had to give up my claims worth sgd1000.
    They have a useless tax claims system different from major cities in europe where u can either drop the claims into a box or do all necessary papers in advance outside the customs check in.
    Die die only way is to queue... what stupid system for a first class international airport!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• ahben6
    replied
    Great ocean road is a must visit, see the 12 apostles. If ur kids likes farm, u might want to consider a farm say at kangaroobie farm.

Leave a comment:

• ac_wong75
    replied
    For Melbourne the zoo and Philip island are highly recommended for kids.
    Aus is all about nature so the dandenong ranges, Great ocean road, and the Grampians are good
    but only if your kids can take long drives there otherwise stick within the city areas

Leave a comment:

• sunny_blue
    replied
    The only 2 things that I can remember for Melbourne is the good food and shopping at the Queen Victoria Market(mix of all cultures) and the trip around the Great Ocean Room... nice view of the ocean... good beach to relax (some areas have calm beaches whereby wave is not too strong) I guess you can show down you pace of life... as for kids I can't think of what they can do or like to do there.

Leave a comment:

• kyubi
    started a topic Guide : Travel in Australia (Melbourne)

Guide : Travel in Australia (Melbourne)

Guys, I am planning to make a trip to downunder next month with me family. Can recommend where I can bring my family to? My kids are 3 years old and 1 plus.

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
Working...
X