• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• triton
    replied
    Originally posted by minusplus View Post
    My photo-taking skills not so good.

Hotels there start as cheap as US$15 to US$20 per night for cheapskate ones. Is considered expensive there already because average income of a teacher is US$20/mth. Govt doctors earning US$50/mth. I got this for US$40/night. Not bad lah. Got swimming pool

In the end when we left, I bought it at US$5000 from the landlord and gave it to my in-law to collect rent. Good passive revenue

To be continued...
    ur photo taking skills ok what.....

so u own a apartment there already ah? can consider retiring there man....

Leave a comment:

• minusplus
    replied
    My photo-taking skills not so good. Anyway, for those keen to know how central asia looks like, here are some pictures that I took when I was there in Jul 07. I've not included any shots of wife and all her chiobu friends because of security reasons since we're on net. For those who has intentions to go there in future, you can PM me. I'll provide more info of the people and culture there

I've resized the pic so that they don't take up so much space. Mods, pls delete posts if inappropriate or occupying too much space

==========================================

Firstly, there's no direct flight from Singapore. The most convenient gateway to central asia is Tashkent, the capital of Uzbekistan. Need to catch a flight from KLIA and the only airline flying there is Uzbek Airways

Hotels there start as cheap as US$15 to US$20 per night for cheapskate ones. Is considered expensive there already because average income of a teacher is US$20/mth. Govt doctors earning US$50/mth. I got this for US$40/night. Not bad lah. Got swimming pool

Rented this 1-room flat for US$100/mth. In the end when we left, I bought it at US$5000 from the landlord and gave it to my in-law to collect rent. Good passive revenue

To be continued...
    Last edited by minusplus; 11-01-08, 07:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• minusplus
    replied
    Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
    Bro MP.. I thot your post was on a field test only.. wah going to Kaz ah?? How long will you be there?

I only experienced -15 deg c max in UK when studying... managed fine with heater.. recon at -20, you need alot more than heater...

They say body heat helps prevent hypothermia mate!! Hhahaha

Trip for married man!! HERE HERE!!!

Have a good trip buddy!! and if possible, take some time to update us abt your trip while you are there... post some pics of the scenry and........... ... .. .. . babes there lah.. especially those at the discos hor..
    Well, I'll be there for 2weeks. Will roam around Kaz and russia (if time allows). Actually was there couple of times already. Last trip was in Jul last year and it was summer. Temperatures there v drastic lor. Summer time hit 50C in the day. This is the first time going during winter. Not sure whether body can tahan or not. But Feb should be ok lah. If go in Dec/Jan worse man, was told that temperatures can be <-30C

Leave a comment:

• jazz_samz
    replied
    Bro MP.. I thot your post was on a field test only.. wah going to Kaz ah?? How long will you be there?

I only experienced -15 deg c max in UK when studying... managed fine with heater.. recon at -20, you need alot more than heater...

They say body heat helps prevent hypothermia mate!! Hhahaha

Trip for married man!! HERE HERE!!!

Have a good trip buddy!! and if possible, take some time to update us abt your trip while you are there... post some pics of the scenry and........... ... .. .. . babes there lah.. especially those at the discos hor..

Leave a comment:

• louisoh
    replied
    All married men here. How to go?
    I'm not....

Leave a comment:

• minusplus
    replied
    Originally posted by bEnd1ck View Post
    haha.... can tahan one la.
    Or else you gotta wear a Panerai NorthPole GMT liow.
    I will check out with the sub date and let you guys know when i come back. Think shld be ok la since someone here already experimented it inside the fridge...

Leave a comment:

• bEnd1ck
    replied
    haha. exp II i think can tahan v cold temp. Sub I don't know man. will check it out and let you guys know man...
    haha.... can tahan one la.
    Or else you gotta wear a Panerai NorthPole GMT liow.

Leave a comment:

• minusplus
    replied
    Originally posted by triton View Post
    yeah. a trip for married men only....cannot meh?
    Very hard. The 1st language there is Russian. Very very few can speak english... I can only manage simple Russian. Only can order food, ask for bill, direction, etc. Sian charbos? Haven't reach that level yet la

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    yeah. a trip for married men only....cannot meh?

Leave a comment:

• minusplus
    replied
    Originally posted by triton View Post
    we can always organise another trip without ur wife.....

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied

I was there in Jul last yr. Visited their discos with my wife. Lots of wild chicks running around. Even have ST%$P shows in their discos. Super happening sia.

But my wife was there
    So I had to behave
    we can always organise another trip without ur wife.....

Leave a comment:

• minusplus
    replied

I was there in Jul last yr. Visited their discos with my wife. Lots of wild chicks running around. Even have ST%$P shows in their discos. Super happening sia.

But my wife was there
    So I had to behave
    Last edited by minusplus; 10-01-08, 02:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• louisoh
    replied
    Originally posted by carrot^ View Post
    indeed. gals there are hot. she showed me some pix of her friends... darn... i wish i went to kazakh before i got married. hahaha.

now now.... dun give pet any more ideas about his next destination...

Leave a comment:

• carrot^
    replied
    indeed. gals there are hot. she showed me some pix of her friends... darn... i wish i went to kazakh before i got married. hahaha.

Yupz. But irregardless which denomination they come from, they all speak a common first language - Russian.

The girls there are Looks good and excellent in house work

Leave a comment:

• minusplus
    replied
    Originally posted by carrot^ View Post
    Karakalpak is from Karakalpakstan which is an autonomous republic in Uzbekistan. ya, heard from my pal GF that there are quite a fair bit of koreans in kazakh.
    Yupz. But irregardless which denomination they come from, they all speak a common first language - Russian.

The girls there are Looks good and excellent in house work

Leave a comment:

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
Working...
X