Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kwayteow12
    replied
    Nothing much. Its still safe to travel around in bkk despite all the little news.

Leave a comment:

• honestdeal
    replied
    i just came back February. Stayed Pratumwan Princess and I love it.

Previously i always stay amari watergate, but princess decor and bed more comfy. Now watergate's price down a lot due to Novotel Platinium open directly opposite them.

enjoy your trip

Leave a comment:

• jeremayer
    replied
    i be going to bangkok this weekend with my wife for her shopping spree at ctc....
    hope everything there
    "soon soon"..........
    will be staying area near mbk shopping mall
    Last edited by jeremayer; 29-02-12, 09:30 AM. Reason: add-on

Leave a comment:

• Oceanklassik
    replied
    Appreciate the update. And yes, let's hope things turn out well for them ..

Leave a comment:

• honestdeal
    replied
    I was just back from Bangkok on the 7th this month. Nothing to worry about. Suwanabumi airport is safe, hotels and shopping all round platinum mall area, MBK, Chinatown all dry and safe, palace has a bit of flood thou, but last heard is subsiding. This trip is far better because there are fewer cars on the road to cause much traffic jams. Most Thais drove up to pattaya and nearby beaches.

The seriousness report from Channel News Asia mostly are reports of floods of near the old airport and slightly outskirts which really has up to chin water level. I hope that everything would be back to normal soon for Thailand. Tourist there I should say has not much been affected, not as bad as the red clash earlier this year.

Leave a comment:

• parisland
    replied
    going bangkok this sunday, wonder if it will be flooding in central area...

Leave a comment:

• Noriki
    replied
    Remember to buy medical insurance hor.

Leave a comment:

• TheKing
    replied
    If can cancel now with refund do it asap or postpone the flight. If not wait a few more days and see. But definitely for me its a no go now. Somemore with the water from the north flowing downstream, there might be more floods to come....

"For now, major city tourist areas such as Sukhumvit Road, Khao San Road and Silom are unaffected by the floods."

http://disaster.go.th/dpm/flood/floodEng.html
    http://www.thailandtourismupdate.com/

Leave a comment:

• Noriki
    replied
    Bangkok Dangerous

Leave a comment:

• oliviaoliver
    replied
    with the current flood now, not sure if i should cancel my trip on the 23 Oct??

Leave a comment:

• patrickmaniac
    replied
    Thanks but looks far from Bkk?

I only got one day free during that week. Gotta work.

Originally posted by Noriki View Post
    Go the the place called AMPHAWA on Sat only and stay for a night, I guarantee you will love the food and the atmosphere
    Try google this place.

Leave a comment:

• Noriki
    replied
    Go the the place called AMPHAWA on Sat only and stay for a night, I guarantee you will love the food and the atmosphere
    Try google this place.

Leave a comment:

• honestdeal
    replied
    i am there again this 8-11th march with a friend.

weekend fri and sat evening, u can try the night market.

1. Klongtom ( very near to chinatown )
    2. Sa pan pot ( dont know the spelling )

Floating marketing usually i wake up too late to go. but if u can wake up as early as 5 plus am, i guess there are still something for u to see. ask the hotel reception, they will be friendly enuf to intro u a few places.

Do enjoy your trip. any new discover please share with us

Leave a comment:

• patrickmaniac
    replied
    Going there in 2nd week of march.
    Besides chatuchak, any markets to recommend?
    Anyone been to the river market where they sell things on boats along the river?

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• honestdeal
    replied
    U mean the classic food court or the thai food court ? not forgetting the steamboat buffet in MBK. Japanese name, buffet style on a sushi belt. each pax is 298 Baht, eat till u drop. i love their chilli sauce which they serve with it.

Leave a comment:

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
Working...
X