Advisory : Travel to Hong Kong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advisory : Travel to Hong Kong

Hey I will be going to HK on the 1st - 4th april...

Any recommendations...where to go to eat and shop? You guys know what kinda stuff I like to buy right..so yeah..pls do recommend!

Clothing,bags,wallets,accessories and stuff! Oh watches also dun mind!

First time travelling to HK...and it's been a long while since I have been on holiday...hope it's fun!

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

No 1 can help?

Comment

U travelling alone or with your family? If alone I can bring you to 'nice' places hahahhaa. SMS me, I will be in HK/South China in that week for business too.
      [SIZE="2"][U][B]Movement collection:[/B][/U]
      [U]German:[/U] Junghans 687, Durowe 7420
      [U]Russian:[/U] Poljot 3133, Poljot 2612, Vostok
      [U]Chinese:[/U] Seagull
      [U]Japanese:[/U] Seiko(s)
      [U]Swiss:[/U] ETA(s)+Valjoux+Unitas(s), Zenith(s), JLC, Rolex, Lemania(s), IWC[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
        Hey I will be going to HK on the 1st - 4th april...

Any recommendations...where to go to eat and shop? You guys know what kinda stuff I like to buy right..so yeah..pls do recommend!

Clothing,bags,wallets,accessories and stuff! Oh watches also dun mind!

First time travelling to HK...and it's been a long while since I have been on holiday...hope it's fun!
        where u staying first? hk island or kowloon?

in general, kowloon shopping area is cheaper than hk island....i say in general only hor.

u should go to the prada warehouse as well as lane crawford warehouse located in the southern side of hk island....i try to find the address for u just now but dun know where i place it already. maybe u can try to ask the people there.

the stuff at prada warehse is cheap......i bought a pair of sneaker at less than S$200 while it was retail at more than S$1000. but it is mostly previous season stuff.

as for food...u have to try all those small eatery located almost everywhere.....

Comment

Originally posted by Hary View Post
          U travelling alone or with your family? If alone I can bring you to 'nice' places hahahhaa. SMS me, I will be in HK/South China in that week for business too.
          pls prepare a red packet while in hk just in case of emergency, when darkangel break his virginity in some foreign land.

Comment

bro, u can call me. will try to help
            "The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...
            the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind.
            If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." ALBERT EINSTEIN (1879-1955)

Comment

Originally posted by Hary View Post
              Originally posted by Andrew Tay View Post
              pls prepare a red packet while in hk just in case of emergency, when darkangel break his virginity in some foreign land.
              Cannot tell you where i will be liao

Family la

Comment

Originally posted by ping3288 View Post
                bro, u can call me. will try to help
                Post here easier la...then dun hav to take pen and paper to take down notes hehe

where u staying first? hk island or kowloon?

in general, kowloon shopping area is cheaper than hk island....i say in general only hor.

u should go to the prada warehouse as well as lane crawford warehouse located in the southern side of hk island....i try to find the address for u just now but dun know where i place it already. maybe u can try to ask the people there.

the stuff at prada warehse is cheap......i bought a pair of sneaker at less than S$200 while it was retail at more than S$1000. but it is mostly previous season stuff.

as for food...u have to try all those small eatery located almost everywhere.....
                Staying at kowloon

Oh I know...heard of it...I got the address. It's pretty far but looks like it's gonna be worth my trip

Comment

Rolex TT Submariner Date Blue Dial (Ref#116613LB)
                  Rolex Deep Sea Sea Dweller (Ref#116660)
                  Rolex 18K/SS Oyster Perpetual Datejust (Ref#16233)
                  Omega Seamaster 300M Chrono (Ref#2920.80.91)

Comment

sigh... really miss HK.... like my 2nd home.....

anyway if you dun mind, can stay at this hotel, 2 mins walking distance from ladies market.... i always stay there when i go HK.....they always gimme a bigger room..hehehe it's stanford mongkok.....

one thing i like about that area is, it's always seem to be packed with pple....all day round...regardless of weekend or weekday.... and there's a cinema nearby too...hehehe

enjoy your trip ash....

Comment

hmnn 1 apr? hmnn sigh wish i can go.... most probably will pay respect to 'gor gor'....it's his 6th yr of his passing already...how time flies.....

Comment

Originally posted by nottinghill View Post
                        hmnn 1 apr? hmnn sigh wish i can go.... most probably will pay respect to 'gor gor'....it's his 6th yr of his passing already...how time flies.....
                        sixth year...a star. Liked his acting too...really sayang.

Comment

Hi bro,

I juz came back from hk on Sunday... Nice weather there at this time of the year.

I would suggest u staying at Mongkok area. Lotsa shopping and makan place. suitable for guys like ur age...

If u r into toys collection, can visit CTMA or "Gai Wong". Watches wise saw one pre-owned shop at Hermes Building near to Tim Sha Tsui. Got 2 shops selling preowned watches at a building at the end of Sai Yee Street (The one that sells airsoft guns and remote controlled model car/planes etc...) Sorry forgot the building's name le...

Hope I"m of some help

Comment

Watch Hunting in HK...

Based on my last trip...
                            1) Pak Lee Watch Trading (I think?). It's at Middle Road opp. Middle road carpark. Fair price I feel. I got my 112G there...

Then you can walk along Nathan road towards Jordon (around 5-10 mins)

2) Holiday Inn Golden Miles Arcade, There about 5-6 shops there, Don't miss the basement (4 Shops).

Then you continue to walk along Nathan Road towards Jordon(8-10 mins.)

3) See map, There are few shop here
                            link: http://www.lafayettewatch.com/
                            link: http://www.kwaiyanwatch.com/c_index.php

I was recommended that for watches, you shopped at Tsim Sha Tsui area and that in Mongkok area, while there are also some shops, their asking prices are rather high.

As for food, just before you exit the restricted area of the airport into the waiting crowd, there is a stand with various brochures displayed. Grab one that recommends 50 places to makan in HK... the beef clayport rice with raw egg... P for Power....
                            "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
                            three times is enemy action and
                            over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
                            ."

Comment

Originally posted by nottinghill View Post
                              sigh... really miss HK.... like my 2nd home.....

anyway if you dun mind, can stay at this hotel, 2 mins walking distance from ladies market.... i always stay there when i go HK.....they always gimme a bigger room..hehehe it's stanford mongkok.....

one thing i like about that area is, it's always seem to be packed with pple....all day round...regardless of weekend or weekday.... and there's a cinema nearby too...hehehe

enjoy your trip ash....
                              I will be staying at Metropark...it's at mongkok area if I am not wrong. Sounds gd to me

Originally posted by Radiolite22 View Post
                              Hi bro,

I juz came back from hk on Sunday... Nice weather there at this time of the year.

I would suggest u staying at Mongkok area. Lotsa shopping and makan place. suitable for guys like ur age...

If u r into toys collection, can visit CTMA or "Gai Wong". Watches wise saw one pre-owned shop at Hermes Building near to Tim Sha Tsui. Got 2 shops selling preowned watches at a building at the end of Sai Yee Street (The one that sells airsoft guns and remote controlled model car/planes etc...) Sorry forgot the building's name le...

Hope I"m of some help
                              Nice...ahh staying around there...

I think I will look out for TST area...intend to stay at that area coz my near to the big names..though I am not staying ard there I am sure to go there and check it out.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X