Advisory : Travel to Hong Kong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by z1971 View Post
    Stayed at Prudential in Oct 2008. Paid HKD700/nite.

From Jordan MRT, you need to take escalator up to the hotel (NO elevator!!); i think like 3 levels up!
    If you returned late (think by 9 or 10pm), the escalator stop liao.. so u climb escalator like staircase.
    If I'm not mistaken, in front of Ethan hotel is the bus stop for the airport bus.
    (OR is it Nathan hotel? )

Other than that, the hotel itself is close to surrounding areas.

For reference: www.discoverhongkong.com/eng/

Enjoy the trip (albeit in May next year) !
    hahaa... me usually travel light, so dont mind
    but its quite cheap .. room okie, quite value for money for tht location...

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
    Thanks everyone for the info thus far. I am still trying to digest the info.

I booked tics with jetstar during their 1 for 1 free promo. Total for 2 px return we paid about slightly less than 600.but come to think of it, might not be too much savings since accomodation seems very ex over there. haiz..think die le lah haiz!!!
    hmm... go to kowloon tong station, take a kcr to shenzhen ( lo wu ) ..
    can go and heow there ..

more adventures, go to dong guan city... alot of cheap thrill... hahhaaa, hotel cheap cheap, deco nice, kara alot ... hahaa... places ( village/ town ) u can go in dong guan.. chang ping, zhang mu tou, huang jiang, da lang etc etc ... places i list close to the railway route to guang zhou, can take train.. hee

Comment

• any good places to buy watch? im heading to HK end nov.
      fallraen
      "Grandpa were you a hero in the war?" "No,"he answered,"but I served in a company of heros."

Comment

• Originally posted by pet View Post
        hahaa... me usually travel light, so dont mind
        but its quite cheap .. room okie, quite value for money for tht location...

hmm... go to kowloon tong station, take a kcr to shenzhen ( lo wu ) ..
        can go and heow there ..

more adventures, go to dong guan city... alot of cheap thrill... hahhaaa, hotel cheap cheap, deco nice, kara alot ... hahaa... places ( village/ town ) u can go in dong guan.. chang ping, zhang mu tou, huang jiang, da lang etc etc ... places i list close to the railway route to guang zhou, can take train.. hee
        bro, your 'cheap thrill' is what kind de?? Me don want those like desker leh
        I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

• wahahaha...not changi type can liao....lol
          Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• Originally posted by exxondus View Post
            bro, your 'cheap thrill' is what kind de?? Me don want those like desker leh
            hahaha.... not tht bad lah..

alot of karaoke, alot big scale type... with hundred of chabors alot mega size 1s with very nice deco. price wise, still very affordable

even their foot flex place also very big

it def. more worth thn sg nite out... hahahaha

long tiime no go leow... itchy

Comment

• Originally posted by pet View Post
              hahaha.... not tht bad lah..

alot of karaoke, alot big scale type... with hundred of chabors alot mega size 1s with very nice deco. price wise, still very affordable

even their foot flex place also very big

it def. more worth thn sg nite out... hahahaha

long tiime no go leow... itchy
              cannot lah...me v guai one...and gg with wife

lai lai back to topic......BALL watch cheaper in HK?
              I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

cannot lah...me v guai one...and gg with wife

lai lai back to topic......BALL watch cheaper in HK?
                NB lah. go with wife, no balla trill leow...

anyway...can consider stay 2 days in hk, thn go shenzhen, stay 1 or 2 nite thn go bck hk for another 1 or 2 nite stay.
                shenzhen can go shop abit, food ok, go 'window of the world' ....世界之窗 Amusement & Theme park http://www.szwwco.com/index.jsp .. miniture of world........& also spledid china ( which is near to window of the world )... minitures replicas of many of the most famous Chinese buildings and landmarks... nice pplaces to take pics

Comment

Comment

• I stayed at hotel panoroma. It was nice. Convenient to MTR (Tsim Sha Tsui). It is good to check out Longchamp there for it is a lot cheaper and when I was there in June, my friend bought 3 of the bags for like slightly over $100. Promotional price so I got one for my mum. Do go for afternoon tea. The experience is very chill! hah. Of course if you are into Prada, do check out Space outlet. Only thing is you have to find your way there which is tricky.

Comment

• Going to HK begining of Dec. Any good AD to shop for Rolex? Looking at GMTIIc and Lady Datejust TT Rosegold...any recommendation?? Anyone been there recently have visited the G-Star boutique? 2 years back, I visitied once..now they remove the address from their main website le...duunoe still there anot? Anyone can confirm? : )
                      Current:-

Ball: Hydrocarbon Titanium
                      Panerai: PAM 111 J
                      Rolex: GMTIIc

Comment

• thanks for the input.

btw, hows the security in HK? I mean if we go out at night and walk along the streets and stuff?

I heard from my friend that Rolex is very commonly seen there haha...so might be safe to for once wear my GMTIIc there..but most prob I wnt dare haha...

Think I watch too much Gu Huo Zai movies liao....later walk halfway tio chop

Comment

• The Harbour, u must visit at night...

Hi Exxondus,

You must surely visit the Harbour at night...brilliant light show... especially romantic place... great for wife and you... .. u shall see a lot of "Pak tor" couples...

If you are an Adidas or Nike sneaker fan, then drop by Fan Yuen Street/ Tung Choi Street... they have some limited editions plus pieces not launched in Sing market.... I am still wearing one bought a few years back..

Tim Sum is a must.... at their Yum Cha restaurants... prices are reasonable... get a feel of it...

Breakfast... you should try one of those that the locals patronise... soya milk with their local orders...

Oh yes.. it is a secure place to wear ya collection out.. I have been there a couple of times... haven't spotted a single police chase baddies or ku wo chai kinda of movie scene... I sashay around in my PAM... and well.. so far so good..

And.... Disney is just mesmerising.. especially when the night show comes on.. even the train to Disney is magical...

I could go on and on...

Have a good break, mate.

Comment

thanks for the input.

btw, hows the security in HK? I mean if we go out at night and walk along the streets and stuff?

I heard from my friend that Rolex is very commonly seen there haha...so might be safe to for once wear my GMTIIc there..but most prob I wnt dare haha...

Think I watch too much Gu Huo Zai movies liao....later walk halfway tio chop
                            No worries with the securities, they have more expensive rides, watches & housing then we have here. Only thing you have to stay alert from the mainlanders from pickpocketing.

You will see more "chai lo" patroling the streets then we have here. HK is a reputable shopping and food paradise. You be surprise you might even find yourself more at home there

Comment

don say I never search hor. i went thru ALL the pages in TRAVEL section (2 only luckily )in this forum but only found MACAO and no HK

If going to HK for like 5 days, where is a good place to stay? Planning a trip next year in MAY. First time gg HK so a bit gan jiong hee hee...

Thanks in advance!!
                              http://www.sg-roc.com/showthread.php...ight=hong+kong

Comment

• wah thanks for the link!!

I was stupidly searching only the travel section of this forum.

Just another check. If go buy branded stuff like from Prada warehouse, etc..can use Credit card? I don really wanna bring too much cash there also.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X