Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ender View Post
    Based on my last trip...
    1) Pak Lee Watch Trading (I think?). It's at Middle Road opp. Middle road carpark. Fair price I feel. I got my 112G there...

Then you can walk along Nathan road towards Jordon (around 5-10 mins)

2) Holiday Inn Golden Miles Arcade, There about 5-6 shops there, Don't miss the basement (4 Shops).

Then you continue to walk along Nathan Road towards Jordon(8-10 mins.)

3) See map, There are few shop here
    link: http://www.lafayettewatch.com/
    link: http://www.kwaiyanwatch.com/c_index.php

I was recommended that for watches, you shopped at Tsim Sha Tsui area and that in Mongkok area, while there are also some shops, their asking prices are rather high.

As for food, just before you exit the restricted area of the airport into the waiting crowd, there is a stand with various brochures displayed. Grab one that recommends 50 places to makan in HK... the beef clayport rice with raw egg... P for Power....
    Thank you very much for your tips!

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

u can take the tram up to The Peak and have your dinner there...

go ocean park and disney land lor...
      I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
      A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
      Audemars Piguet ROO
      Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
      De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
      Habring2 Pilot Time Date
      Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
      Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
      IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
      Panerai 270
      Patek Philippe 5711/1a
      Rolex 116610LV
      Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

Originally posted by wolfeyes1974 View Post
        u can take the tram up to The Peak and have your dinner there...

go ocean park and disney land lor...
        The peak sounds gd...

Ocean park and disney land for kiddies leh...I wanna shop watches,clothing,accessories and sshoes

Comment

Darkie, there are many shops which are located at higher levels at mongkok. Don't just shop at street level. Normally, you will see a small entrance with a escalator, go up and you will find many more shops...

Also next to "woman's street" at Mongkok, there is a sport wear street.... track shoes are quite cheap there but need to check around before buying...

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
            Darkie, there are many shops which are located at higher levels at mongkok. Don't just shop at street level. Normally, you will see a small entrance with a escalator, go up and you will find many more shops...

Also next to "woman's street" at Mongkok, there is a sport wear street.... track shoes are quite cheap there but need to check around before buying...

Oook...thanks...

track shoes ah..hmm I have enough...maybe wanna get something casual...loafers or something similiar

Comment

For Dim Sum, the best IMO is Maxim Palace at City Hall. Quite a distance to walk from Central, so i suggest u take a cab there. Be prepared for long queue, if u can, be there by 11am to avoid the HUGE HUGE crowd and long wait.

For dessert, try Tang Dynasty at 100 Canton Road (just opposite Gateway Arcade @ Harbour City/TST).

For watches, if u want a decent deal in Oris, Fortis, etc., u can PM for the add.

If u need to buy those dried goods like scallop etc, check out the shops along Nathan Road opposite the Jordan MTR. Best prices around shops between Yue Hwa and Wing On.

Have a nice trip and enjoy yourself.
              sys12345

http://simply-pen.blogspot.com/ - m4/3 Pen Blog

Comment

Dont Miss Lan Kwai Fong, me always hang out with my Gay Buddies when there..Gay buddy is a banker there,so me stay at his apartment FREE ..
                Hk side all the High end Branded stuff, kowloon side- lower end....
                Take the Mtr, can go eveywhere, same as stinkerpore... Speak Canto, can easily find your way around...

Comment

Originally posted by Vknighthawke View Post
                  Dont Miss Lan Kwai Fong, me always hang out with my Gay Buddies when there..Gay buddy is a banker there,so me stay at his apartment FREE ..
                  Hk side all the High end Branded stuff, kowloon side- lower end....
                  Take the Mtr, can go eveywhere, same as stinkerpore... Speak Canto, can easily find your way around...
                  Hahaha...but kowloon also got high end stuff mah...

Thanks!

Originally posted by sys12345 View Post
                  For Dim Sum, the best IMO is Maxim Palace at City Hall. Quite a distance to walk from Central, so i suggest u take a cab there. Be prepared for long queue, if u can, be there by 11am to avoid the HUGE HUGE crowd and long wait.

For dessert, try Tang Dynasty at 100 Canton Road (just opposite Gateway Arcade @ Harbour City/TST).

For watches, if u want a decent deal in Oris, Fortis, etc., u can PM for the add.

If u need to buy those dried goods like scallop etc, check out the shops along Nathan Road opposite the Jordan MTR. Best prices around shops between Yue Hwa and Wing On.

Have a nice trip and enjoy yourself.
                  Nice...thanks!

Comment

If you're looking for high end stuff in Kowloon, go to "Elements" mall.

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                    Hahaha...but kowloon also got high end stuff mah...

Comment

also, when you're in HK, pick up one of those local watch magazines, cheap and good... one of them is called "Spiral"

http://www.spiral-mag.com.hk/

Comment

also, when you're in HK, pick up one of those local watch magazines, cheap and good... one of them is called "Spiral"

http://www.spiral-mag.com.hk/
                        Thank you so much! Will do!

Comment

Besides taking the MTR, try taking the ferry when you want to go from HK to Kowloon or from Kowloon to HK. It is cheap yet very "relaxing" and do enjoy the view...

Originally posted by Vknighthawke View Post

Comment

Speaking of Elements, if u like pastries, bread, etc., there's a shop call La Creation. Superb bread, cakes, etc. U wouldnt want to eat those stuff from BreakTalk, Q bread, etc. again. In addition, they have those biscuits nicely packed into a rectangular metal box like those that people buy as gifts from Japan. Only difference, they are much nicer than those from Japan. If u have the chance, drop by and get some b4 heading back to Singapore. The airport express satellite check in station is just below.

sys12345

http://simply-pen.blogspot.com/ - m4/3 Pen Blog

Comment

Besides taking the MTR, try taking the ferry when you want to go from HK to Kowloon or from Kowloon to HK. It is cheap yet very "relaxing" and do enjoy the view...
                              Oh..I would most likely be taking it! Coz prada outlet in HK island...needa take ferry there hehehe

Originally posted by sys12345 View Post
                              Speaking of Elements, if u like pastries, bread, etc., there's a shop call La Creation. Superb bread, cakes, etc. U would want to eat those stuff from BreakTalk, Q bread, etc. again. In addition, they have those biscuits nicely packed into a rectangular metal box like those that people buy as gifts from Japan. Only difference, they are much nicer than those from Japan. If u have the chance, drop by and get some b4 heading back to Singapore. The airport express satellite check in station is just below.
                              Sounds great...maybe tapao extra roti back for the sgroc guys?

Comment

Darkie, for your info, if you take taxi from airport to Mongkok will cost you around HK$240.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X