• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

roti from HK

1. 116520
    2. sys12345

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post

Sounds great...maybe tapao extra roti back for the sgroc guys?

Comment

I'm already drooling as i think about the good food from HK! U can tabao the bread from La Creation, next day w/o heating up, its still as soft and fresh. Simply amazing, dont know what they used to make the pastries.

For IT/computer stuff, u can visit Dragon Centre at Sham Shui Po or Mongkok Computer Centre @ Mongkok. U can also pick up those networked media players over there cheap, including those rmvb players as well. One thing, avoid Dragon Centre during weekends. Very very extremely scarily congested... makes SLS crowd during weekends puny by comparison.

I hope u can speak some Cantonese as Hong Kongers in general are quite helpful. If u need directions, just ask but avoid getting a cab if u cant speak Cantonese. Most drivers dont understand English!

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
      Oh..I would most likely be taking it! Coz prada outlet in HK island...needa take ferry there hehehe

Sounds great...maybe tapao extra roti back for the sgroc guys?
      sys12345

http://simply-pen.blogspot.com/ - m4/3 Pen Blog

Comment

alternatively if you dun speak the language, get a hotel card (incase you get lost). and find out your destinations in both english and chinese. then you write and ask him(or her) to go there. it just breaks down the barrier just that bit more.
        [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
        Blue 6694
        Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
        [U]"My collection"[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Ha... cant help it... more HK food tips (i need to wipe my drool off the keyboard!):

Unless u are really into western food, IMO, the our std of western food in Sg in general is better. In HK, go for the Chinese food. The best places to sample is the Cha Chan Teng. U see a Cha Chan Teng that is packed, its usually good. They have mouth watering dishes like XO scallop, XO fried rice, minced meat with salted fish, superb soups, etc. Take care though, many of them have menus in Chinese only. U must also try the wanton noodle there. One of the renowned shop is the Mai Wen Ji Noodle shop located at Parkes St.

If u see restaurants in HK that are packed with a long queue, go check out their prices first. If its unbelievably cheap, avoid it. Usually SUCKS big time. If its moderately priced to a little expensive and yet its packed, its usually darn good!

Ok, thats all for now. Anymore and i'll be heading to HK again.
          sys12345

http://simply-pen.blogspot.com/ - m4/3 Pen Blog

Comment

HK...my 2nd fav city in the world. go up there about 5 times a year, mostly work and then a weekend of leisure there. mate, all the bros here can recommend, but are you really gonna be able to do everything? just take one of those city guides at the airport, or on line guide. since your first time, you would prob be trying to get a flavour of the place. dun try to be like seasoned HK travellers, go to niche places and try your luck and taste. at airport, ake the city guide booklet that recommends what/where/when thing, they even have digested guides recommending above for 1, 2, 3, 5 days etc etc. just stick to it. remember, just enjoy yourself. eat lotsa of dim sum, go happy valley on sunday, day trip to Macau, drinks at lan kwai fong, shoping at harbourfront or central.

airport also have a guide book on 50(i think) top local foodie joints, pick your meals for the few days you are there, and eat at those places. i always do this when i travel for lesure. guess for HK, prob dim sum, roasted meat stuff, noodles etc. i love the veggie in HK, all super fresh. u compare the greens there and then back i singapore...machiam like got extra "green" coating on their veggie. i asked a chef once, they said all morning brought in from china. singapore, we get all those sicky looking crap from malaysia....sigh.

on horological front, now not good time to buy watches in HK, with the strength of the USD and HKD versus SGD. go visit the usual watch retailers. i like central, Times Square...everyone is there, Emperor, Prince etc etc. also visit the Patek boutique across from Times Sq. and holiday Inn at Nathan road, on ground floor and basement, got some pre-own watch shops, including one that specializes in rolex new and vintage. now those shops are flooded with alot of watches, esp pateks n ltd ed APs, every one throwing out for sale.

lastly, get laid. for that, i got zero experience, gotta ask for seasoned bros here.
            It is with our judgments as with our watches; no two go just alike, yet each believes his own.
            Alexander Pope

Comment

Since darkie is staying at Mongkok, can just walk across to Portland Street... hee hee....

Originally posted by darth-khips View Post
              lastly, get laid. for that, i got zero experience, gotta ask for seasoned bros here.

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                Darkie, for your info, if you take taxi from airport to Mongkok will cost you around HK$240.
                Heng...got airport transfer

roti from HK

1. 116520
                2. sys12345
                Hehehe...anymore

Originally posted by sys12345 View Post
                I'm already drooling as i think about the good food from HK! U can tabao the bread from La Creation, next day w/o heating up, its still as soft and fresh. Simply amazing, dont know what they used to make the pastries.

For IT/computer stuff, u can visit Dragon Centre at Sham Shui Po or Mongkok Computer Centre @ Mongkok. U can also pick up those networked media players over there cheap, including those rmvb players as well. One thing, avoid Dragon Centre during weekends. Very very extremely scarily congested... makes SLS crowd during weekends puny by comparison.

I hope u can speak some Cantonese as Hong Kongers in general are quite helpful. If u need directions, just ask but avoid getting a cab if u cant speak Cantonese. Most drivers dont understand English!
                Alright thank you 4 the tips again..I can speak abit of canto...but my dad speaks canto so seems like I am gd to go!

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                  alternatively if you dun speak the language, get a hotel card (incase you get lost). and find out your destinations in both english and chinese. then you write and ask him(or her) to go there. it just breaks down the barrier just that bit more.
                  Ahh..noted this gd tip!

Originally posted by sys12345 View Post
                  Ha... cant help it... more HK food tips (i need to wipe my drool off the keyboard!):

Unless u are really into western food, IMO, the our std of western food in Sg in general is better. In HK, go for the Chinese food. The best places to sample is the Cha Chan Teng. U see a Cha Chan Teng that is packed, its usually good. They have mouth watering dishes like XO scallop, XO fried rice, minced meat with salted fish, superb soups, etc. Take care though, many of them have menus in Chinese only. U must also try the wanton noodle there. One of the renowned shop is the Mai Wen Ji Noodle shop located at Parkes St.

If u see restaurants in HK that are packed with a long queue, go check out their prices first. If its unbelievably cheap, avoid it. Usually SUCKS big time. If its moderately priced to a little expensive and yet its packed, its usually darn good!

Ok, thats all for now. Anymore and i'll be heading to HK again.

Since darkie is staying at Mongkok, can just walk across to Portland Street... hee hee....
                  You think I dunno wad kinda place it is..izzit

Originally posted by darth-khips View Post
                  HK...my 2nd fav city in the world. go up there about 5 times a year, mostly work and then a weekend of leisure there. mate, all the bros here can recommend, but are you really gonna be able to do everything? just take one of those city guides at the airport, or on line guide. since your first time, you would prob be trying to get a flavour of the place. dun try to be like seasoned HK travellers, go to niche places and try your luck and taste. at airport, ake the city guide booklet that recommends what/where/when thing, they even have digested guides recommending above for 1, 2, 3, 5 days etc etc. just stick to it. remember, just enjoy yourself. eat lotsa of dim sum, go happy valley on sunday, day trip to Macau, drinks at lan kwai fong, shoping at harbourfront or central.

airport also have a guide book on 50(i think) top local foodie joints, pick your meals for the few days you are there, and eat at those places. i always do this when i travel for lesure. guess for HK, prob dim sum, roasted meat stuff, noodles etc. i love the veggie in HK, all super fresh. u compare the greens there and then back i singapore...machiam like got extra "green" coating on their veggie. i asked a chef once, they said all morning brought in from china. singapore, we get all those sicky looking crap from malaysia....sigh.

on horological front, now not good time to buy watches in HK, with the strength of the USD and HKD versus SGD. go visit the usual watch retailers. i like central, Times Square...everyone is there, Emperor, Prince etc etc. also visit the Patek boutique across from Times Sq. and holiday Inn at Nathan road, on ground floor and basement, got some pre-own watch shops, including one that specializes in rolex new and vintage. now those shops are flooded with alot of watches, esp pateks n ltd ed APs, every one throwing out for sale.

Very true yea...follow the guide!

I will just check out the prices that's all...unless prices are gd then diff story

Lastly...

Comment

where is the prada warehouse? can anyone post the addy here?

Comment

i believe it is here
                      2/F, South Horizons Plaze (East Wing)

dont quote me on it, i only did a google search
                      [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                      [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                      Blue 6694
                      Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                      [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                      [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

mr yeo....here is the link:

http://mensuno.blogspot.com/2009/01/...henever-i.html

http://www.hkoutlets.com/view.php?show=4

remember that the prada warehouse i am talking abt....it is not located at the lane crawford warehouse but they are abt 5 mins to 10 mins taxi ride between each other.

u die die have to go....u can spend half a day at the the horizon plaze....it is a building where there are many outlets at different level.

close on monday hor.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Tay View Post
                          mr yeo....here is the link:

http://mensuno.blogspot.com/2009/01/...henever-i.html

http://www.hkoutlets.com/view.php?show=4

remember that the prada warehouse i am talking abt....it is not located at the lane crawford warehouse but they are abt 5 mins to 10 mins taxi ride between each other.

u die die have to go....u can spend half a day at the the horizon plaze....it is a building where there are many outlets at different level.

close on monday hor.
                          ahh..yeah...I got the same link as u,..the 2nd 1..

Looks like I m planning 1 day there

Comment

enjoy your trip ya? dun forget to ask for angpow after your 'indoor activity' ya? heheheheh
                            Rolex TT Submariner Date Blue Dial (Ref#116613LB)
                            Rolex Deep Sea Sea Dweller (Ref#116660)
                            Rolex 18K/SS Oyster Perpetual Datejust (Ref#16233)
                            Omega Seamaster 300M Chrono (Ref#2920.80.91)

Comment

Portland street?

Originally posted by nottinghill View Post
                              enjoy your trip ya? dun forget to ask for angpow after your 'indoor activity' ya? heheheheh

Comment

Originally posted by nottinghill View Post
                                Portland street?
                                Basket

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X