• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duplicate post.
    elusive

Comment

Originally posted by Jubilee View Post
      Would anyone be willing to share the purchase price + tax discount (in comparison to what they would have paid locally at time of purchase) obtained purchasing a watch overseas? Don't have to state the model. Just so there is a rough idea of which AD in which country would result in a good discount compared to buying locally.

Also how much more discount do you get if paying by cash as opposed to credit card, and what is the rationale behind it?
      Really depends on model. Eg some european ADs sell sub c date at low to mid sgd9k (after tax refund), which is 1k plus lower than sg prices. However the DSSD prices are higher or similar to sg prices.
      elusive

Comment

Originally posted by satch View Post
        Really depends on model. Eg some european ADs sell sub c date at low to mid sgd9k (after tax refund), which is 1k plus lower than sg prices. However the DSSD prices are higher or similar to sg prices.
        I heard that after the tax refund.

The price will not be mid sgd9k due to there is extra charges when tax refund at Paris airport.

Comment

Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Italy and Copenhagen cheapest place to get watch I believe!

Comment

any type of watches of specific brands only

Comment

I just bought a IWC377701 from Ace & Spyers from Amsterdam.
                they give gd discount and full tax back.
                different shops give different discounts for different brands.
                sometimes shop A might be cheaper for rolex, shop b cheaper for Panerai..
                so just hav to ask ard.

Comment

Originally posted by praha335ci View Post
                  With regards to VAT it will depend on the country and also the retailer. I've bought at Bucherer in Luzern Switzerland and they automatically deducted the VAT. I've also bought at Bucherer in Frankfurt Germany and they will use global blue to claim back the VAT on your behalf. The price that you pay in most European countries will include VAT and is charged to your credit card there and then. Check out the global blue website and its pretty comprehensive. Also try out their net VAT calculator to get the most accurate figure of the VAT refund that you're entitled. Customers can obtain their refund in the city of purchase but still need to show export validation upon leaving the EU.
                  So Bucherer charges your credit card the price VAT? I'm planning to buy from there when i'm in Hamburg/Berlin.
                  Current:
                  Rolex Submariner 116613LB Sunburst Dial
                  Rolex Yachtmaster 116622 Blue Dial
                  Rolex GMT-Master II 16710 'Coke' Z-series
                  Tudor Pelagos Blue 25600TB
                  Maurice Lacroix Pontos S Diver
                  Aviator Poljot Black 45mm
                  Corniche Heritage 40

Wishlist:
                  Rolex Submariner 116619LB 'Smurf'

Comment

Thailand is great...........

Comment

Originally posted by JuveZzZ View Post
                      Thailand is great...........
                      Maybe I'm slow but is this meant to be a sarcastic comment? : D
                      elusive

Comment

Please do a quick check on the watch before confirming the deal, was in Paris Cartier Boutique checking the price and looking thru the watch, I actually found lots of scratches on the watch and the Deployment Clasp is already on the watch (Santos 100 XL - Leather). My understanding when they sell this model they will have to measure your wrist size before inserting the Clasp.

Comment

Thumbs up!

Comment

Shenzhen luohu is great for watch shopping!

Comment

Hi guys,

I am heading to London/ Paris next year.
                              Gonna hunt for some watches.... in particular iwc aquatimer 3548 06.
                              Any idea where i can head out to? in Paris for eg?

Comment

Taking a trip to Helsinki this month, anybody has experience in watch shopping there? How are the prices as compared to Singapore?
                                Not looking for any model in particular, just want to know if it's worth the while to go watch shopping there. Thanks!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X