No announcement yet.

Shopping for watches in foreign countries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its probably a good time to buy from Japan now since the yen is so cheap.

For my experience in Switzerland, the shops there tend to follow the authorised standard discount strictly. I suppose its because they are in the place of manufacture and afraid to fall foul of the manufacturers. Further, they certainly play more according to the play book than us.

Comment

Anyone buy rolex from rolex ad in bangkok? cos the currency rate is good for now thou

Comment

Originally posted by mastermind1997 View Post
        Anyone buy rolex from rolex ad in bangkok? cos the currency rate is good for now thou
        The RRP is much higher though
        elusive

Comment

Recently went to Taipei to check on e AP ROO. Price afta discount is a little better some of the local AD. Save due to good exchange rate and tax refund.

Comment

Originally posted by zquek View Post
            Its probably a good time to buy from Japan now since the yen is so cheap.

For my experience in Switzerland, the shops there tend to follow the authorised standard discount strictly. I suppose its because they are in the place of manufacture and afraid to fall foul of the manufacturers. Further, they certainly play more according to the play book than us.
            My brother bought an Omega PO 600m Chrono (local RRP $10.8k) from Satin Doll in Tokyo at around $6.5k!

Comment

Must be careful

Comment

I just bought a 116710 LN from the Lotte DFS in South Korea and it's indeed cheaper than SG.

Comment

i was at dubai airport and saw black sub with date after conversion at ard 9K sgd

Comment

is spain a nice place to buy watches?

Comment

is madrid a good place to buy watches?

Comment

Originally posted by Sugizo84 View Post
                        i was at dubai airport and saw black sub with date after conversion at ard 9K sgd
                        Hmm but midnight here mentioned that the price tag at dubai is much more expensive. which shop did you went to?
                        I cant paste the link as my post count is below 10, but its on the thread watch shopping at dubai.

Comment

Wanted to post a new thread but couldn't as I haven't reached the posting count.

Will be going to Switzerland/Paris next month, transiting at Qatar. Looking to get either an Oyster Perpetual (the new model launched at Basel World if they have; if not the current model also ok) or Explorer. My first Rollie, a bit lower end so please pardon me arh.

Between these 3 places, which will be a better bet for lower prices than SG-after discount:

1) Qatar Airport Duty Free
                          2) Paris downtown (noted some of the shops our bros have mentioned here)
                          3) Paris Airport Duty Free

Read thru the forums and learnt that Switzerland is not really recommended in terms of low prices. But I'll be in Geneva and since Rolex HQ is in Geneva, is there any flagship store I should still go just to take a look?

Thanks much!

Comment

my suggestion is that you go visit local AD and check out the prices on the watches you are interested. then when you visit there, you compare the prices.

in swiss, go to bucherer

Originally posted by tarantila View Post

Will be going to Switzerland/Paris next month, transiting at Qatar. Looking to get either an Oyster Perpetual (the new model launched at Basel World if they have; if not the current model also ok) or Explorer. My first Rollie, a bit lower end so please pardon me arh.

Between these 3 places, which will be a better bet for lower prices than SG-after discount:

1) Qatar Airport Duty Free
                            2) Paris downtown (noted some of the shops our bros have mentioned here)
                            3) Paris Airport Duty Free

Read thru the forums and learnt that Switzerland is not really recommended in terms of low prices. But I'll be in Geneva and since Rolex HQ is in Geneva, is there any flagship store I should still go just to take a look?

Thanks much!
                            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                            1. subject heading indicating your issue
                            2. your nick
                            3. your corresponding email address
                            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Thanks Bro. Yes roughly have some idea of the local AD's prices. Just wanted to tap on SgROC experts' previous experiences of buying in these overseas places

Comment

Heading to Poland in a couple of months time, likely to be stopping in Frankfurt. Any advice from bro whether I should get something there?

Also, wanted to know whether it is really true that watches are really cheaper in Switzerland. lol

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X