No announcement yet.

Removal of old inactive sale threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe you are referring to old sale threads. There isn't already such a rule.

But there was already a similar feedback before (from me) and some discussions around that.

http://www.sg-roc.com/threads/60678-...e-sale-threads

I still find it pretty annoying to see 20-30 reminders pop up at the top of the sale garages, but I guess how I feel isn't important
    Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

I think they have their reason for keeping those thread. Looking at the last comment given by one of the Mod.
      Or maybe having another sub-section for those old not updated posting? In this way u keep those thread, and seller can go there to looking for their missing thread to bring it back up.....

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Clubmomo View Post
        I think they have their reason for keeping those thread. Looking at the last comment given by one of the Mod.
        Or maybe having another sub-section for those old not updated posting? In this way u keep those thread, and seller can go there to looking for their missing thread to bring it back up.....

Cheers.
        Once you are logged in, it's just two clicks away to find all started threads including those that are moved to the "sold items"

Comment

A simple solution might be, just leave the old open sale threads in the sale garage as they are. Why bother to send reminder when the sellers themselves don't bother? What if our dedicated mod ocean quit as mod one day?

As for bandwidth/space, there should be no difference between leaving the threads in the sale garage and moving them to the sold items...?

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
            A simple solution might be, just leave the old open sale threads in the sale garage as they are. Why bother to send reminder when the sellers themselves don't bother? What if our dedicated mod ocean quit as mod one day?

As for bandwidth/space, there should be no difference between leaving the threads in the sale garage and moving them to the sold items...?
            R u suggesting mod ocean 2 quit ?

Comment

Mr pegasi, you don't want me around anymore ah..so sad .

Normally, I only give reminders to those who still log in recently. I will not do so if say, the last log-in of a member is like a year or more ago. I apologise if I am causing inconvenience to some of you here. I thought I could do some cleaning up a bit with little spare time in hand..

I'll probably quit when I can no longer afford the hobby or have no more interest in it. Or may be, the owners of this forum decide to quit me
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                Mr pegasi, you don't want me around anymore ah..so sad .

Normally, I only give reminders to those who still log in recently. I will not do so if say, the last log-in of a member is like a year or more ago. I apologise if I am causing inconvenience to some of you here. I thought I could do some cleaning up a bit with little spare time in hand..

I'll probably quit when I can no longer afford the hobby or have no more interest in it. Or may be, the owners of this forum decide to quit me
                Don't wanna OT in this thread but...

I love you to death so please don't go bro Ocean. You are doing a fantastic job as mod.

If you don't know me by now you will never never never now me
                (by Simply Red)

Comment

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

May I propose that any WTS/WTT/WTB threads be directly removed (either automatically by system or manually by mods) if they are inactive for a certain period, says 3 or 6 months.

Since we are using this forum for trading free of charge, I think all of us should take responsibility and put in a little bit more effort to monitor and update our sale threads. The trading forums would then be "cleaner" and more up-to-date, and our volunteer mods would not need to waste their time in sending reminders.

The TS can always start a new thread if he/she still need to sell/trade/buy the item after the old thread is gone.

Good suggestion ups

Comment

I agree with you guys..

Comment

in that way it will be clean and neat forum

Comment

thats a good idea!
                          Wishlist:
                          1. AP Grand Prix Carbon
                          2. Corum Bubble Skeleton
                          3. IWC Big Pilot Perpetual Calendar Rose Gold
                          4. Ulysses Nardin Freak Cruiser
                          5. Richard Mille RM 11 Rose Gold

(Dream only)

Comment

Yes is good and easier for house keeping

Comment

i totally agree as it will be more user friendly,

but i do understand that the admin / moderators will have to look through the posts

can i kindly suggest that if anyone has old threads , it be easier to pm the administrator to delete the old thread.

Comment

admin/moderators do not look through all posts, the use of search function with keywords mentioned in forum rules and regulations (1.7)

threads are not deleted. sellers are to update their sales threads in accordance to the forum rules and regulations. once it is done, moderators will take appropriate actions.

Originally posted by dennischua13 View Post
                                i totally agree as it will be more user friendly,

but i do understand that the admin / moderators will have to look through the posts

can i kindly suggest that if anyone has old threads , it be easier to pm the administrator to delete the old thread.
                                if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                                1. subject heading indicating your issue
                                2. your nick
                                3. your corresponding email address
                                4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X