Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Require 10 post to view sales forum, What is your view?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thank you for your feedback.

the thread title is somewhat misleading. the 10 posts count is impose on new members to prevent them from posting in garage section. the rationale to impose 10 posts count is to REWARD members for contribution and it is not view as an ENTITLEMENT to post items for sale upon joining the forum. to monitor the quality of 10 posts is only possible if there are few new members posting. however, as the number is substantial, it is not possible to monitor. besides it will raise to disagreement like what is acceptable and what is not.

there are international forums and another local forum where there is a minimum of 50 posts count. to some members, they are already complaining why should have 10 posts while others just go about it. the forum can easily move to 50 posts count as it would not be easy to go around posting almost the same reply in every other threads.

forums that impose posts count rule wants members to really contribute for the betterment of the forum. so here is the tricky part, is having a post count rule effective? if it does not then there will be members who will make use of the garage section facility without contributing. so take away the garage section?

there are members who lurk and not post anything. however, when they want to sell something, they realize that they need to have 10 posts count. then they start to post. as mentioned before, a forum is a place to give and take. give a little information, take a little information. however, it seems that few are willing to contribute OPENLY. some people i spoke to feel that there is no point in contributing because their posts get shot down. is this a culture? i dont know.

so how would you want to "educate" these new members to contribute constructively?

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
    I wonder if the quality of the 10 posts are being taken into account.

I see many new members posting quite meaningless one-sentence remark/question continuously in different threads apparently to accumulate the required post count. Sometimes even within this thread itself, which is a bit of a joke.
    Originally posted by satch View Post
    My exact sentiments. Was browsing the new posts this evening and came across some posts... it's really creating a lot of unnecessary clutter especially within some really valuable discussion threads.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

• Yes I believe it's a culture thing. A culture I am not proud of being part of the community.

I respect people who choose not to contribute due to that they are too shy to express themselves or for fear of saying something stupid, but I have no respect for people who rubbish the forum just to meet the quota for access to the sale garages.
      Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

• Originally posted by triton View Post
        the forum can easily move to 50 posts count as it would not be easy to go around posting almost the same reply in every other threads.
        You might be surprised. How difficult is it to post 50 one-liner nonsense?

Comment

• Originally posted by pegasi View Post
          Patrick agrees with Pegasi, Patrick has a friend that has done similarly, he posted 10 simple replies just to see the sales garage. Then how? he has not done anything wrong to get him banned...no?

Comment

• kindly note that the forum does not ban any members for no valid reasons.

your friend's access is likely to be restricted due to forum advising member to perform certain tasks which the member failed to do so. if members fail to perform the tasks required, their access will be restricted and not ban. once member performs the said tasks, access will be reset to default.

Originally posted by PatrickXingYu View Post
            Patrick agrees with Pegasi, Patrick has a friend that has done similarly, he posted 10 simple replies just to see the sales garage. Then how? he has not done anything wrong to get him banned...no?
            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
            2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

• I don't think Patrick meant his friend was banned. But I'm not sure, this SpongeBob's character is sometimes a bit difficult to understand, haha...

Comment

• Originally posted by pegasi View Post
                I don't think Patrick meant his friend was banned. But I'm not sure, this SpongeBob's character is sometimes a bit difficult to understand, haha...
                Ok, let Patrick rephrase, Patrick's friend wasn't banned, but he has not done anything against the rules by him posting 10 simple posts of "nice watch", "I agree","I think so too" yup? Patrick feels that there's a loophole that many are exploiting.

Comment

• Yes, this is what I am trying to do now.

Comment

• Originally posted by mervyn.yeo View Post
                    Yes, this is what I am trying to do now.
                    Patrick sees that you have 7 more posts to go

Comment

• My first... 9 more to go...

Comment

• Hi guys,

I'm new here in this forum. But I feel kinda difficult to contribute with all this restrictions.. But I guess the admin must have their reasons for doing so.

Comment

• Also, how long does the moderators take to approve your post??

Comment

• maybe to you it is to achieve the target of 50 posts, but there will be members who may find it tough such as this member's post

Originally posted by pegasi View Post

kindly email with
                            2. your nick

Comment

• looks like you are one of the many members who missed the announcement section where there is a link to answer your question, this would mean you miss reading this thread in the forum faq as well

Originally posted by Herbie View Post
                              Also, how long does the moderators take to approve your post??

kindly email with
                              2. your nick

Comment

• I do understand that admin/moderators must have their own difficulties, but for a new guy in the forum, I find it a little hard to integrate myself to the forum. Isn't what the forum is set up for? To get more people with the same interest to get together. But of course being one of the most popular forum in Sg, I believe that there must be a lot of spammers. So, I totally respect what the system is set up for.. Just want to highlight about how I felt.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X