Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Require 10 post to view sales forum, What is your view?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the forum appreciate your feedback. however, can you elaborate on what restrictions can be lifted in order to allow you and other members to integrate into the forum.

as highlighted by you, there are reasons on why there is a 10 post count rule.

Originally posted by Herbie View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm new here in this forum. But I feel kinda difficult to contribute with all this restrictions.. But I guess the admin must have their reasons for doing so.
    I do understand that admin/moderators must have their own difficulties, but for a new guy in the forum, I find it a little hard to integrate myself to the forum. Isn't what the forum is set up for? To get more people with the same interest to get together. But of course being one of the most popular forum in Sg, I believe that there must be a lot of spammers. So, I totally respect what the system is set up for.. Just want to highlight about how I felt.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

• Of course, I also have admit that I have skipped the FAQ sections as well.

Comment

• I absolutely hate it.... It's so difficult for a newbie like me to even introduce myself, let alone accumulate 10 posts. Can't even post photo...

Comment

• interesting that you are possibly the only one who mentioned that the 10 post count is to counter the spammers.

I do understand that admin/moderators must have their own difficulties,

But of course being one of the most popular forum in Sg, I believe that there must be a lot of spammers. So, I totally respect what the system is set up for.. Just want to highlight about how I felt.
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
          2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

• a fellow member feels it is not difficult to achieve 50 posts count.
            Originally posted by pegasi View Post
            You might be surprised. How difficult is it to post 50 one-liner nonsense?
            Originally posted by Daytona67 View Post
            I absolutely hate it.... It's so difficult for a newbie like me to even introduce myself, let alone accumulate 10 posts. Can't even post photo...

kindly email with
            2. your nick

Comment

• Patrick feels that, the answer above mine does not help our friend Daytona67, so what if Pegasi feels it's easy to post 50 posts?

It doesn't solve our friend Daytona67's problem.

@Daytona67, don't worry, you have Patrick's support, 7 more posts to go!

Comment

• Originally posted by pegasi View Post
                You might be surprised. How difficult is it to post 50 one-liner nonsense?
                I would just like to clarify my thought during when I posted the above comments.

When I wrote that, I was (quite obviously) thinking about those new members who just "anyhow" posted a meaningless one-liner on a number of threads within a very short time just to accumulate the 10 posts. I think there is no doubt that such behaviour exist, and occur often enough. So I maintain that it is technically quite easy to accumulate 50 posts when the quality does not matter.

Why then would some members find it tough to even meet 10 post count? Because these are the members who are not thick-skin enough to post rubbish. Maybe they genuinely feel they don't have anything meaningful to share being new in this hobby or in this community.

So, the honests are being "punished" and the thick-skins find their way.

I honestly feel the intention of the 10 post count is very good. Does it serve its purpose effectively? I guess different people have different opinion, but this post of mine is just to clarify my previous comment.
                Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

• Originally posted by triton View Post
                  a fellow member feels it is not difficult to achieve 50 posts count.
                  Maybe I'm not familiar with navigating this forum yet but I don't think I should post one-liners or even one word posts like "nice", "I like your watch collection", "swee" etc etc just to get 10 posts.

If newbies are not allowed to post in "for sale" section, I can understand but there are so many other threads that don't allow me to post replies.

I also don't understand why I can post any photos until I've accumulated 10 post or more. I have nice photos of vintage Rolexes which I inherited from my late father but just have no chance to.

Furthermore, all new posts are vetted by moderators before they go online, so why need 10 posts?

Comment

• Well, as I commented what I felt as a newbie, I have clarify that I have no intention to challenge the system whatsoever. Yes, it is easy to come out with 10posts. But what's the use?

Comment

• Originally posted by triton View Post
                      interesting that you are possibly the only one who mentioned that the 10 post count is to counter the spammers.
                      If not, then what is the 10 post count for? Please enlighten me for my ignorance..

Comment

• Originally posted by Herbie View Post
                        I do understand that admin/moderators must have their own difficulties, but for a new guy in the forum, I find it a little hard to integrate myself to the forum. Isn't what the forum is set up for? To get more people with the same interest to get together. But of course being one of the most popular forum in Sg, I believe that there must be a lot of spammers. So, I totally respect what the system is set up for.. Just want to highlight about how I felt.
                        i love looking at the rolex garage in the previous website.
                        now its like im a lost boy looking for Alice in Wonderland's knickers.

I absolutely hate it.... It's so difficult for a newbie like me to even introduce myself, let alone accumulate 10 posts. Can't even post photo...
                        they should have introduced a 'like' button so that fellow members can show gratitude to other members whose posts are informative.

On a separate issue, Im quite disappointed with the overhaul of this website.
                        change is necessary but in this case I feel its not.
                        every forum has its own politics. im sure this forum is no different.

now where is that rolex garage forum?

Comment

• you are the rare few who feels that it is not appropriate to post 1-liner response, however not many feel that way which is why the topic of 10 quality posts count came out.

im glad you understand that why newbies are not allowed to post in garage sections.

if you are asking why cannot post photos, then it is because spammers posts links and by disabling the ability of these spammers to posts links, the number of spammers have dropped. when you dont need see spammer posts, that does not mean that there are no spammers' posts.

to you, it may seem easy to vet posts, however can you imagine 1 new member is 10 posts, 10 members is 100 posts, then you have spammers' posts. as such, taking the ability to post links to images reduces the work load of UNPAID moderators.

Maybe I'm not familiar with navigating this forum yet but I don't think I should post one-liners or even one word posts like "nice", "I like your watch collection", "swee" etc etc just to get 10 posts.

If newbies are not allowed to post in "for sale" section, I can understand but there are so many other threads that don't allow me to post replies.

I also don't understand why I can post any photos until I've accumulated 10 post or more. I have nice photos of vintage Rolexes which I inherited from my late father but just have no chance to.

Furthermore, all new posts are vetted by moderators before they go online, so why need 10 posts?

kindly email with
                          2. your nick

Comment

• the purpose of 10 posts count is to encourage members to share. however, not many members share the view of posting quality posts. then again, what constitutes quality posts? second reason is refer to post 213.

Well, as I commented what I felt as a newbie, I have clarify that I have no intention to challenge the system whatsoever. Yes, it is easy to come out with 10posts. But what's the use?

kindly email with
                            2. your nick

Comment

• it is to counter spammers. refer to post 213.

If not, then what is the 10 post count for? Please enlighten me for my ignorance..

kindly email with
                              2. your nick

Comment

• there is no difference between the structure of the previous website and current website. so i am not sure what you are referring to.

the reason why your access is limited is because you have been sent a pm to perform one task which you failed to do so. furthermore you have less than 10 posts count. it has nothing to do with the new design of this website.

and if i politely ask you to my signature, please use the appropriate channels as per advised via signature to resolve any issues you encounter in this forum. thank you.

Originally posted by sochaux View Post
                                i love looking at the rolex garage in the previous website.
                                now its like im a lost boy looking for Alice in Wonderland's knickers.

they should have introduced a 'like' button so that fellow members can show gratitude to other members whose posts are informative.

On a separate issue, Im quite disappointed with the overhaul of this website.
                                change is necessary but in this case I feel its not.
                                every forum has its own politics. im sure this forum is no different.

now where is that rolex garage forum?

kindly email with
                                2. your nick

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X