Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Require 10 post to view sales forum, What is your view?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• triton
    replied
    you were directed to 2 threads which i hope you read them.

one thread that you were directed to read is this one. there is also a thread for self help in latest announcement.

did you read properly or did you politely ignored to read?

the answer is in the thread under section "Why Can't I post messages/threads" point ii.

i would strongly suggest you read the thread again.

thank you.

Originally posted by Cre8tive View Post
    Hi, I don't see a "Reply" tab in general folder. only which folders can I clock 10 post except here?

Leave a comment:

• Cre8tive
    replied
    Hi, I don't see a "Reply" tab in general folder. only which folders can I clock 10 post except here?

Leave a comment:

• Rainbow ray
    replied
    Hi all , just read up .

Min 11 post then can start view B/S . Mmm

Leave a comment:

• kamto
    replied
    troublesome

Leave a comment:

• forexthedoctor
    replied
    i am also trying to accumulate my posts count..

Leave a comment:

• mervyn.yeo
    replied
    I don't know, until now, I still haven't reach the quota yet.

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    as mentioned, some people take effort to put up meaningful posts while others don't. you will noticed that there are a number of people who don't talk about watches but with the intention to do business.

Originally posted by xand View Post
    Well, I guess it increases the noise in the specific areas, because it's now even tougher to post meaningful responses with a more limited pool of posts (realistically people registered in sgrolexclub.com to talk about watches ).

Nevermind, I'm almost there woohoo. Not that I even want to post in Garage - I want to be able to make new threads in "other watches"!

Thanks for hosting this, seems to be the most active Singapore watch forum...

Leave a comment:

• xand
    replied
    Well, I guess it increases the noise in the specific areas, because it's now even tougher to post meaningful responses with a more limited pool of posts (realistically people registered in sgrolexclub.com to talk about watches ).

Nevermind, I'm almost there woohoo. Not that I even want to post in Garage - I want to be able to make new threads in "other watches"!

Thanks for hosting this, seems to be the most active Singapore watch forum...

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    kindly note that in the past, members were allowed to post replies in all other sections except garage.

it is noted that some commented that it is hard to post meaningful replies, other members had no issues in posting redundant posts that adds no value to the threads. as these posts do not add value, other members feedback that they scroll through pages of redundant posts. as such, members are now allowed to post in specific areas.

Originally posted by xand View Post
    I would suggest allowing responses in the "rolex" or "other watch" sections...

Leave a comment:

• xand
    replied
    I would suggest allowing responses in the "rolex" or "other watch" sections...

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    thanks for your perspective. there are other forum who requires more than 10 posts to be able to for items for sales. as such 10 posts to some is tough but to others it is not.

please understand that it is not easy to customize restrictions for just 1 group or section in the forum and another set of restrictions on anther sections.

Originally posted by Kush View Post
    As a brand new member I can see the reasoning behind the 10 replies needed before being able to post new threads. It keeps out spammers, bots and drive-by posters. Is it a bit inconvenient? Yes, but it probably helps filter out people who would ultimately not contribute much to the forum. I'm happy to be here and as someone new to the world of Rolex, I'm looking forward to learning alot from the regular members. Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• Kush
    replied
    As a brand new member I can see the reasoning behind the 10 replies needed before being able to post new threads. It keeps out spammers, bots and drive-by posters. Is it a bit inconvenient? Yes, but it probably helps filter out people who would ultimately not contribute much to the forum. I'm happy to be here and as someone new to the world of Rolex, I'm looking forward to learning alot from the regular members. Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    Hi,

please note that in my previous posts there is no mentioned of forcing. secondly, as a matured adult, you can choose not to eat it. you requested multiple times through sales threads and pm to me and other moderators to have your access removed and yet you are still participating in this forum. so it means you are capable of deciding to participate or not. i have chosen not to remove your access upon receipt of your request because i am giving you time to collect your thoughts as i believe you posted the request not in the best state of mental mind.

kindly note the title below the user name is administrator. also moderators in this forum are volunteers who do not receive wages, if sellers expect moderators to clean up, then it is only right that sellers pay moderators for work done.

unless a owner of a forum has deep pockets, then it is possible to run it with passion.

Originally posted by PrinceLTH View Post
    But then if the wife or your mum force you eat the thing that you hate or dun like, will you eat it? Yes we must thank the advertiser for doing good. However it's also their benefit that some watches are also sold right? As for the moderator, you are her for passion or for wages?

Leave a comment:

• PrinceLTH
    replied
    Originally posted by triton View Post
    in the past, sellers can create/post/edit/close threads, however some of the options were widely misuse. and hence certain options were removed.

what to post? you can choose to participate actively or otherwise.

you will be surprise to see what some of the posts are.
    you need to thank the forum advertisers who are paying for the cost of this forum so that members like you enjoy the benefit for posting items without any cost.

what you are suggesting is teaching sellers to be irresponsible. sellers are responsible for their sales threads, is like your wife/mum cooks a meal for you to enjoy (posting items without cost) and then leave the
    left overs (old threads) expecting wife/mum (moderators) to clean up for you (delete old thread). if you have a maid to clean up, then you have to pay her wages right? so will you be willing to pay the moderators to help you delete your sales threads?
    But then if the wife or your mum force you eat the thing that you hate or dun like, will you eat it? Yes we must thank the advertiser for doing good. However it's also their benefit that some watches are also sold right? As for the moderator, you are her for passion or for wages?

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    in the past, sellers can create/post/edit/close threads, however some of the options were widely misuse. and hence certain options were removed.

what to post? you can choose to participate actively or otherwise.

you will be surprise to see what some of the posts are.

you need to thank the forum advertisers who are paying for the cost of this forum so that members like you enjoy the benefit for posting items without any cost.

what you are suggesting is teaching sellers to be irresponsible. sellers are responsible for their sales threads, is like your wife/mum cooks a meal for you to enjoy (posting items without cost) and then leave the left overs (old threads) expecting wife/mum (moderators) to clean up for you (delete old thread). if you have a maid to clean up, then you have to pay her wages right? so will you be willing to pay the moderators to help you delete your sales threads?

Originally posted by Rattapong View Post
    Hi there, why not let the person who create the thread to close the thread? And also with 10 post...hmm post what?...can't be some nonsense right. I really think it is really redundant leh...

One thing you can do is to delete those old thread that could be 1 year ago....to upkeep the sale thread.

Leave a comment:

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
Working...
X