X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• toffeesthings
    replied
    Dear Triton and Raxx,
    I think what transpired probably went like this.
    Last December, the seller did not know his watch was fake and willingly got it verified.
    Upon realizing it was fake, he rightfully withdrew the sale, himself being the victim. As Bro Raxx & his friend felt that this was a reasonable course of action on the part of the seller, they decided not to pursue the matter and alert members in the forum.

As time passed by, the watch surfaced for sale again. Maybe it is the same watch as the seller just wants to offload it to another 'victim' or it could be a different watch, hence Bro Raxx felt he had to do what is necessary to warn fellow forum members to be careful and get the watch verified before purchase, am I right in this assessment, Bro Raxx?

Leave a comment:

• raxx
    replied
    Thanks Triton, just found out the seller apologized and said he did not know it was fake, the post was withdrawn and there was no communication afterward Richemont. There was no receipt as they would not do the service of the watch.

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    what i am trying to say is that no seller with the right frame of mind who has a fake watch will go with buyer to a authorized service centre to do verification.

why risk your reputation to sell a fake watch by going to service centre to verify. does not make sense.

may we know if seller apologize for the fake watch? any communication after the verification process, if any?

your intention is to alert members that this particular may sell fake watches is commendable.

however, as i have said before to many members before, dont save the verification money. i have bought watches from reputable preown shops before, i always tell the shop that i will verify the watch @ respective service centre.

Originally posted by raxx View Post
    Hi Triton,

I cannot answer you on that. You are asking me about their own psychology and circumstances. There may be many reasons why they went down, I don't want to speculate. And that to me is not the main point, the point is that during that trip, the watch was not an IWC watch, and a very similar watch has come up for sale again. I'm sure Richemont will have the records. I'll update you with anymore information I have over pm as this isn't the place to bring it all up imho. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• raxx
    replied
    Hi Triton,

I cannot answer you on that. You are asking me about their own psychology and circumstances. There may be many reasons why they went down, I don't want to speculate. And that to me is not the main point, the point is that during that trip, the watch was not an IWC watch, and a very similar watch has come up for sale again. I'm sure Richemont will have the records. I'll update you with anymore information I have over pm as this isn't the place to bring it all up imho. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    thanks for providing information. will drop by richemont next week as i got quite abit of work to clear these few days.

i do hope that richemont is willing to provide some information. did you/your friend register name before sending in? if yes, can you pm me the name?

can you address the point i made in italics?

Originally posted by triton View Post

second, if the seller willingly know that the watch is fake, why would the seller accompany the buyer to Richemont to verify the watch? honestly, if i am the seller who is selling a fake watch, why would i go with buyer to Richemont to verify?
    Hi Triton,

To answer your questions:

1. The previous post was taken down after they went to Richemont on 20th December.

2. It had failed to be serviced by Richemont, and they said it had failed to be serviced before as it was not from IWC. I'm not here to speculate why, just giving the facts.

3. I've never said it's the same watch, it may or may not be, as I said in my first post, "an extremely similar watch by the same seller, is again up for sale". Some guy may just buy it without verifying it. We all don't want this to happen. The PM I sent you is with the older thread that was closed, the other thread is open.

4. See point 1.

Do let us know the findings of your investigation

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• raxx
    replied
    Hi Triton,

To answer your questions:

1. The previous post was taken down after they went to Richemont on 20th December.

2. It had failed to be serviced by Richemont, and they said it had failed to be serviced before as it was not from IWC. I'm not here to speculate why, just giving the facts.

3. I've never said it's the same watch, it may or may not be, as I said in my first post, "an extremely similar watch by the same seller, is again up for sale". Some guy may just buy it without verifying it. We all don't want this to happen. The PM I sent you is with the older thread that was closed, the other thread is open.

4. See point 1.

Do let us know the findings of your investigation

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    first, when was this transaction made? because it seems that the event occured like about 4 months ago. if this is the case, why is it that now the issue of replica watch is made known now which is much later.

second, if the seller willingly know that the watch is fake, why would the seller accompany the buyer to Richemont to verify the watch? honestly, if i am the seller who is selling a fake watch, why would i go with buyer to Richemont to verify?

third, with reference to your pm, i shall not quote (for now), one referred to a watch sold and one watch withdrawn. is the seller still selling the watch in concern? if yes, can you pm me the link?

fourth, unless there is much changes to the front desk where there are 3 ladies attending to customers, which lady in the front desk did you/your friend who took the watch in? can you provide a narrow period of which part of dec 2012 did you/your friend go? if it is not during dec 2012, then which date? this is to allow me to approach richemont for further assistance.

Hi guys and girls, my friend was in the market for an IWC Top Gun and in Dec 2012 messaged a seller about his piece for sale. He exchanged sms and an email picture with this seller for the watch. They went to Richemont together to verify the watch, but Richemont said sorry they can't service the watch because it is not from IWC. They also said it was previously sent for verification before but failed as it is not from IWC. Basically it is a replica.

An extremely similar watch by the same seller, is again up for sale.

Though this watch may not be the same piece, and the previous sales thread closed, the fact is I'm worried that it may still be the/a replica piece and some person on this forum may get cheated. What is the correct way to handle this? I've flagged the post to moderators but it may not be quick enough, but at the same time I don't want to falsely accuse anyone.

My fellow forumers, please assist what is the best way to go about this?

In the meantime, please verify any pieces you may want to buy. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Hiroki
    replied
    Originally posted by Rolex116613
    Let master triton do his job bah.
    But I also anxious want to know who.
    Ok you are right. But what happen if his sale still on, what going to happen to SG roc buyer. I think I not happy to see buyer post say I buy fake watch.

Leave a comment:

• dtctan
    replied
    Originally posted by Jubilee View Post
    Thanks for the heads up.

Interested to know who paid for verification in the end? Is the verification fee usually paid after or before verification?
    Not sure for Richemont but for RSC payment only after verification.

Leave a comment:

• garfi31d
    replied
    Furthermore, I thought Richmont does not do verification.

Leave a comment:

• garfi31d
    replied
    Thanks bro raxx. If we have the name would be better just in case the seller sells other watch as well.

Leave a comment:

• Hiroki
    replied
    I think you realy must give name. If not all IWC Top Gun seller will have problem Aiyo. THE END

Leave a comment:

• Jubilee
    replied
    Hi guys and girls, my friend was in the market for an IWC Top Gun and in Dec 2012 messaged a seller about his piece for sale. He exchanged sms and an email picture with this seller for the watch. They went to Richemont together to verify the watch, but Richemont said sorry they can't service the watch because it is not from IWC. They also said it was previously sent for verification before but failed as it is not from IWC. Basically it is a replica.

An extremely similar watch by the same seller, is again up for sale.

Though this watch may not be the same piece, and the previous sales thread closed, the fact is I'm worried that it may still be the/a replica piece and some person on this forum may get cheated. What is the correct way to handle this? I've flagged the post to moderators but it may not be quick enough, but at the same time I don't want to falsely accuse anyone.

My fellow forumers, please assist what is the best way to go about this?

In the meantime, please verify any pieces you may want to buy. Thank you.
    Thanks for the heads up.

Interested to know who paid for verification in the end? Is the verification fee usually paid after or before verification?

Leave a comment:

• dtctan
    replied
    Siao liao loh, all IWC Top Gun seller will have to hold their gun for the time being liao loh

Leave a comment:

• raxx
    replied
    Hi guys, I've PM'ed Triton about it, I'd suggest if you do buy any watch to get it verified, the replica's are now extremely spot on and come with box, papers, movements etc... The model of the watch is in my above post, but I'd prefer to let the moderators handle the issue, but there is eye witness and Richemont records to back us up. I'm sure most of us are honest buyers and sellers, but unfortunately, there will always be a few who spoil the barrel.

Leave a comment:

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
Working...
X