Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sty13
    does this happen often in singapore?
    This however is an unfortunate and unique incident that happened, glad that it didn't happen in SGROC and buyer got his $ back.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Well didn't TS sold the watch here and later found to be fake by the buyer when the buyer send for servicing?
      sigpic

Comment

wow.. thanks for sharing ..

Comment

Scary sia.... These days really can't believe anything....

Comment

Thanks for sharing

Comment

Thanks TS for the info. I actually met this guy up to view the watch before TS bought it. Almost bought it but he had tell tale signs like :
              1. He didn't want bank transfer (reason cause he say I could retract it back but I think he didn't want to be traceable)
              2. Manual was missing
              3. The imprints of the IWC wordings on the box was shady
              4. Warranty card seems slightly different (shiny which I believe shouldn't be)
              5. Red paint on the tail part of the plane on the hand was longer than it usually is
              6. Some swirly design on the dial which seemed bit off IMO (I could be wrong)
              7. The most key part that deterred me - he was willing to go way lower when I said I wasn't comfortable (way too low I feel)

Other than that, the piece actually looks relatively convincing. Think it's a good grade rep. Anyway just buy the buyer. It's easier.

Comment

thanks for sharing bro!

Comment

Thanks for sharing. This is indeed dangerous!
                  Im New to Watches

Current:
                  Rolex GMT Master II Batman 116710BLNR
                  IWC Aquatimer IW376710
                  Rolex Yacht Master 168622
                  Tag Heuer 1500 professional WD1221-K-20

Comment

is there any watch dealers that you can bring your watch to verified?

Comment

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Thread starter is lucky indeed.

Comment

Sorry guys, i am just curious. Why didn't u take down the name and nric no. of the seller upon this kinda "private" trade? If later u found out that the watch is fake, u can always hand over the said matter to the police right? And if i am not wrong, selling imitation goods is an offence in sg and this is also consider a fraud case right?
                          Just 2 cents worth and cheers!

Comment

I do not think recording such personal details is a common practice in online trades. Fine, if the seller is willing to furnish his/her particulars. But I reckon most wouldn't. And even so, after realizing that the item is fake later after the purchase, it cannot pinpoint the seller to be the culprit simply because the item has changed hands (to the buyer) and the chain of evidence is 'broken'. The seller can counter-allege that the buyer is pulling a fast one on him too.

The better option will be to get it done on the spot.
                            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Agree with lshinxl - you really have to do some homework if you want to be sure.

What I do sometimes if I am interested in a piece is to handle the real deal in a boutique or if you have a friend with the piece, take a few hi res snaps so you can compare when viewing.

Again, not foolproof but short of ponying up the money for a full verification....

As people have said, if the price is way below the going rate, its a warning signal.

Comment

omg i didnt know that IWC also got imitation ones...
                                So scary leh..
                                a noob like me will surely fall for it one..
                                sorry i am new here..

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X