X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too good to be true= scam deal???

dear brothers and to all the moderators,

please advise whether was it a really good deal or a scam deal

recently have notice someone posting on the sg roc rolex forum for super cheap bnib rolex watch
    i check his profile and his just joined this month.

hulk bnib @10380 ...when i pm him... he said reserved and ask for a deposit of 10percent for preorder.............a few days later...without informing me that he have another new pieces coming ..he posted again bnib hulk local ad @10680 and bnib gmt ss @9300 AND bnib gmt tt @12650...this time i pm him again and even msg him.... he said RESERVED again.....i said to him.... ok nvm how about the 2 gmt...his answer was, All RESERVED....i was like wtf....he ask me for deposit of 10percent to preorder..... although 10percent of 10k plus watch is not a very big amount to me but it was not an small amount too....i dont wish to take the risk..... and i have a few frens msging me asking me about the seller whether his deal is true or not as they encountered the same issue....( watch was always reserved after posting FOR A SHORT WHILE and ask for a deposit for order) they ask me to feedback to the moderators but i dont have the concrete evidence...although it may sound like a scam to me.......

when i confronted him....and ask if he able to provide any buyer contacts which have place a deposit and successfully collect the watch... he couldnt provide...and when ask possible to provide buyer contact or nick name for those which have reserved the watch at "lightly fast speed" for us to clarify that wad he said was true....same thing he could not able to provide

all his reply was he dont care wad other say and think....and i asked him to take a pic of the hulk and the 2 gmts....he couldnt provide the pic too....

those brother who know who i m talking about and those who dont know and wish to know can pm me for the user nick

i just dont wish any of the brother will lost their hard earned money to those pathetic scammer who are so desperate for just a few k......

To all the scammers,

please make use of ur intelligent to make more money legally than scamming around
    Rolex Submariner ceramic 116610ln
    Rolex submariner 16610 v series
    Rolex Gmt 2 ceramic ss
    Rolex Gmt 2 ceramic half gold
    Rolex Explorer 2 polar
    Rolex seadweller
    Rolex seadweller deepsea mark 1
    Rolex seadweller deepsea mark 2
    Panerai luminor marina 111
    panerai 1950 312
    panerai luminor marina 422
    Omega planet ocean ceramic xl
    Audemars Piguet Royal oak offshore volcano

could not find any thread that list hulk @ 10380. did you advise the wrong price?

i have dealt with sellers who requires deposit for the watch which i gladly put in to ally any seller's fear, in return the seller provided personal details such as name/ nric which was verified on the spot with nric physically and a slip of paper indicating the amount collected, what brand and what model the watch is to be bought by me and when is the expected transaction date. failure which full refund of the amount is to be return to me.

under no circumstances should a buyer pass physical cash to a seller without any form of paper work.

Originally posted by Wrx230hp View Post

recently have notice someone posting on the sg roc rolex forum for super cheap bnib rolex watch

hulk bnib @10380 ...when i pm him... he said reserved and ask for a deposit of 10percent for preorder.............a few days later...without informing me that he have another new pieces coming ..he posted again bnib hulk local ad @10680 and bnib gmt ss @9300 AND bnib gmt tt @12650...this time i pm him again and even msg him.... he said RESERVED again.....i said to him.... ok nvm how about the 2 gmt...his answer was, All RESERVED....i was like wtf....he ask me for deposit of 10percent to preorder..... although 10percent of 10k plus watch is not a very big amount to me but it was not an small amount too....i dont wish to take the risk..... and i have a few frens msging me asking me about the seller whether his deal is true or not as they encountered the same issue....( watch was always reserved after posting FOR A SHORT WHILE and ask for a deposit for order) they ask me to feedback to the moderators but i dont have the concrete evidence...although it may sound like a scam to me.......
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

thanks for the advise.......but i personally feel that if someone is really desperate for money urgently or have pending court or police case on going... i think they dont mind giving u his ic details..... 1 person 1k...10 person is 10k.... although 10k may not be a huge amount to some of our bro here....but it may be a very big amount to those who are desperate.

thanks

wrx230hp
      Rolex Gmt 2 ceramic ss
      Rolex Explorer 2 polar
      Rolex seadweller
      panerai 1950 312

Comment

sorry ... price he posted for hulk should be 10680 ........but he did posted a bnib hulk at 10380 last week,... hehe

i think he is trying to be very very funny

moderator...please check...thanks
        Rolex Gmt 2 ceramic ss
        Rolex Explorer 2 polar
        Rolex seadweller
        panerai 1950 312

Comment

Sounds like a scam to me...
          "The Datograph is perfect in every detail. The Germans [Lange] have surpassed us [the Swiss]." - Philippe Dufour

Comment

does not matter what the reasons are.

most important is that as a buyer, one should always practise all the due diligence. that is precisely the reason why i strongly encourage BOTH buyers and sellers to give one another feedback under the iTrader/feedback of the user. link to my feedback score found here.

this is to facilitate future transactions, which means as a seller, potential buyers can check and have more confidence in dealing. likewise for buyers, sellers will know that you are true potential buyer and not someone asking for sake of asking.

at least your friends did the right thing by checking with you as you are a seasoned buyer/seller.

thanks for the advise.......but i personally feel that if someone is really desperate for money urgently or have pending court or police case on going... i think they dont mind giving u his ic details..... 1 person 1k...10 person is 10k.... although 10k may not be a huge amount to some of our bro here....but it may be a very big amount to those who are desperate.

thanks

wrx230hp
            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
            1. subject heading indicating your issue
            2. your nick
            3. your corresponding email address
            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

totally agree on the point made

Comment

please dont ever transfer cash first

Comment

Thanks for the information.Thanks for the information.

Comment

Providing pictures may not absolutely trash doubts. Though it raises a red flag.

when i confronted him....and ask if he able to provide any buyer contacts which have place a deposit and successfully collect the watch... he couldnt provide...and when ask possible to provide buyer contact or nick name for those which have reserved the watch at "lightly fast speed" for us to clarify that wad he said was true....same thing he could not able to provide

all his reply was he dont care wad other say and think....and i asked him to take a pic of the hulk and the 2 gmts....he couldnt provide the pic too....

those brother who know who i m talking about and those who dont know and wish to know can pm me for the user nick

i just dont wish any of the brother will lost their hard earned money to those pathetic scammer who are so desperate for just a few k......

To all the scammers,

please make use of ur intelligent to make more money legally than scamming around

Comment

Thanks for the raising the awareness!!!

Comment

Will take note of these thanks

Comment

Damn... sounds like a scam to me

Comment

Carousell

Just saw a too good to be true deal in Carousell and thought to share it here and get your expert feedbacks.

I can't post links so you have to go to Carousell and search for a profile called @dappermen
                            There's a Daytona and a Pam

He's selling a Daytona $570 and a Pam $199 and claims to Misplaced his certs and refuse to do any form of verification. His Daytona still have stickers and yet already lost certs.

Comment

There's another too good to be true deal on Carousell.
                              Claims to be selling for a friend. Watch is new and yet lost certs again.
                              Don't like to deal with people that ask too many questions.
                              Profile: jgetsby
                              Item : Rolex Submariner
                              Price :$500

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X