Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lost Rolex- How to report to Rolex and Is there an international database?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost Rolex- How to report to Rolex and Is there an international database?

Basically a friend of mine in the US sold his Rolex on eBay. The Buyer is a Singaporean. He shipped the watch to the buyer. A few days later the buyer opened a PayPal resolution claiming my friend sent him another watch. The buyer was lying but PayPal's policy in such cases is to ask the buyer to send back the item for a full refund. So this buyer sent my friend a cheap watch back and got a full refund. So I suggested to my friend that he needs to report the watch to Rolex as stolen.

First can he do that?

Second how does he do that? Does he call one of the Rolex Service Centers in the US or call the main Rolex office? The Rolex website is not very helpful, unfortunately, I can even send an Enquiry on that.

I have heard that Rolex has lost Rolex watch database, but is this database international or does he need to report the watch stolen to RSC in Singapore as well? If yes, how does he do that? More importantly can he report it to the RSC in Singapore or ask Rolex main offices to report it on his behalf, since he is an American.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks

report the case in country of seller.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Using Google, you'll find Singapore RSC number. I suggest your friend call them to find out whether they have such a database, and report the watch as stolen if they have.

But I won't put too much hope on this, because the thief could easily service the watch at any watch shop in Singapore... assuming he actually lives in Singapore, or sells his watch in Singapore. It is too easy for him to dispose of the watch in a neighboring country

Comment

Originally posted by MWooden View Post
        Basically a friend of mine in the US sold his Rolex on eBay. The Buyer is a Singaporean. He shipped the watch to the buyer. A few days later the buyer opened a PayPal resolution claiming my friend sent him another watch. The buyer was lying but PayPal's policy in such cases is to ask the buyer to send back the item for a full refund. So this buyer sent my friend a cheap watch back and got a full refund. So I suggested to my friend that he needs to report the watch to Rolex as stolen.

First can he do that?

Second how does he do that? Does he call one of the Rolex Service Centers in the US or call the main Rolex office? The Rolex website is not very helpful, unfortunately, I can even send an Enquiry on that.

I have heard that Rolex has lost Rolex watch database, but is this database international or does he need to report the watch stolen to RSC in Singapore as well? If yes, how does he do that? More importantly can he report it to the RSC in Singapore or ask Rolex main offices to report it on his behalf, since he is an American.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks
        Stolen?! From the way you'd described, it seems more a commercial dispute or may be a fraud, as compared to theft. Whether you can report the case as such to ROLEX? I'll say yes. It is your (friend's) watch, something has happened to it, you can definitely report it to ROLEX.

I really don't know how the ROLEX in the US works but logic tells me that you should report the case in the country of origin (of the incident). In your case, it should be at ROLEX, US. And if this is done, I am sure the information will be shared internationally so I don't think you need to report it with the various countries.

Best is to call ROLEX, US, and ask for the correct procedures. Do update us the development if you can.

Tx.
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Thanks for the information.

Comment

Thanks for the information.

Comment

Great info

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile