X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• himsoon
    replied
    Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
    Another point is to keep your edge of all blades sharp at all times. Many times; ive seen people will have uneven edge. currently im going thru prototype stages to finalise a knife sharpening system. currently undergoing trial. i find many people are removing too much metal when sharpening.
    Thanks for sharing

Leave a comment:

• kimkim84
    replied
    Good idea

This is great. Good thing I read up. Cheers

Leave a comment:

• seiko.citizen
    replied
    Another point is to keep your edge of all blades sharp at all times. Many times; ive seen people will have uneven edge. currently im going thru prototype stages to finalise a knife sharpening system. currently undergoing trial. i find many people are removing too much metal when sharpening.

Leave a comment:

• ten10
    replied
    One important tip when cutting materials like leather, artcard, pleather, etc...

Please ensure that your cutting mat is smooth and your knife is sharp. Otherwise either of them will create drag and your cut may not be smooth. Example: your artcard will have jaggered edges which you don't want.

Also... ALWAYS MEASURE TWICE OR THREE TIMES BUT ONLY CUT ONCE!!!

Happy DIY'ing!

Leave a comment:

• seiko.citizen
    replied
    Nice disguise using mooncake boxes Very stylish! If only I can find those stuff here in perth

Leave a comment:

• ten10
    replied
    Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
    my DIY look more like belong to scrap heap, also dare not snap pics. on the other hand ten10's DIY looks pro
    You're just being humble bro.

When you're back do PM me, a collaboration of minds needed for other DIY projects.

Leave a comment:

• ten10
    replied
    Thx for the compliments!

This DIY Watch Box wont be complete without teaching you how to make the watch pillows...

I'm starting another thread for "DIY Watch Pillows" so that forummers can post separate questions.

Leave a comment:

• level z
    replied
    interesting ... very innovative ...

Leave a comment:

• ten10
    replied
    Thanks for all your encouragement guys!

Here's another make-over I did to a Ritz-Carlton Mooncake Box...

This box is now ready to fit 4 watches in the back row and the front slanted row is actually a horizontal "sponge" pocket for you to slide in your dials (with its plastic casing). This would be very good to proudly display your watches together with the dials in the front row. Sorry for the poor photo.

Materials used:
    Low sheen black satin with a hint of black velvet.

You can also view it here guys.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/5302701...n/photostream/

It's not an "extreme make-over" yet. I'll save it for another day.

cheers!

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    couple of the boxes are with me. you want to preview?

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
    The watch box is really swee swee....u sure have a talent for DIY man!

Leave a comment:

• seiko.citizen
    replied
    my DIY look more like belong to scrap heap, also dare not snap pics. on the other hand ten10's DIY looks pro

Leave a comment:

• feilong108
    replied
    The watch box is really swee swee....u sure have a talent for DIY man!

Leave a comment:

• voltshin
    replied
    wah you really very good at DIY things...

Leave a comment:

• redneckk
    replied
    Originally posted by ten10 View Post
    Thx Redneckk! That's the benefit of joining this forum right? Can share share some knowledge.

BTW...
    a) You going for the 6694 launch?
    b) I dont get what u mean bro... this is the el cheapo version of a watch box for 3 watches what!

So, now everyone gets a chance to make their own watch box!

Any takers??? Selling this one off $12.00 lelong price on condition he/she turns up at the launch on sunday! Only one piece nya!
    nah im not going for the launch. cnt afford to get poisoned! hahahaha. nah i have sth on. so gotta give this one a miss. oh what i meant is when u did the watch tray thread i was hoping u'd do one on watch boxes. and im glad u did! HAHA.

Leave a comment:

• crazybay
    replied
    Very creative bro.

Originally posted by ten10 View Post
    Hi Forummers,

Coming up next, I'll teach you how to make your own watch boxes. In this project I've converted a ready-made wooden box into a 3-watch Box. With this idea, you can convert practically any type of box (even the mooncake box) into your "special" built watch box. After all, its your own design!

I just wonder how many people tried the DIY Trays. Can someone try to start a thread to showcase their handy-work?

Click this link to see the watch box...

cheers y'all

Leave a comment:

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
Working...
X