How to get a real RXW?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get a real RXW?

Many of us like the RXW brand of watches... and there are a few being traded about in the forum... I have always wanted one, the MM20... I also like the sub pro models...

However it bugs me that I know too little about the watch to be able to tell its authenticity... Papers can obviously be faked as the other accessories.. and I can't walk in to their AD (they do not exist) for verification...

So bros, how do you know that the MM20 that you have purchased recently is the real thing?

i not sure. but it should at least come with a jap certification. so far i dont know anyone who will make a RXW replica.

Originally posted by Wisingapore View Post
    Many of us like the RXW brand of watches... and there are a few being traded about in the forum... I have always wanted one, the MM20... I also like the sub pro models...

However it bugs me that I know too little about the watch to be able to tell its authenticity... Papers can obviously be faked as the other accessories.. and I can't walk in to their AD (they do not exist) for verification...

So bros, how do you know that the MM20 that you have purchased recently is the real thing?
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

not to stir up panic but the replica RXWs have been around for quite some time... I think a HK guy named Davidsen and several others makes them...

There are also allegations that the ones sold at southern cross time are not the real thing too... Note that if u read that site carefully, it was mentioned that the watch was improved upon and made for release as a regular item... whereas Ken's first run is limited... seems to imply that they are the different thing...

Comment

this interesting. considering that RXW design is so similar to Panerai and yet someone wants to copy RXW to sell as RXW replica?
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
        2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

Yes it's true. Many circulating around. I wonder if anyone on the forum has bought (and maybe sold) one of these RXWs from Southern cross time? I gotta say i'm quite keen on getting it from them. There's a patrickwatch jap website that also claims to stock these
          There is no true love, just a finely tuned jealousy

Comment

Did not know that there are replica MM20s out there. So are these replicas 'homages' or fake MM20
            At the end of the day, ignoring the issue as to whether the MM20 is a fake Pam or a replica (as if there is a difference, muhahahah!), the MM20 is a well-made watch and has gained some sort of following amgst collectors worldwide. There was even a local collector who purchased the MM20 and then PVD/ DLCed it...the outcome was superb!
            "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
            three times is enemy action and
            over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
            ."

Comment

there is a difference between just the Marina Militare compared to the RXW MM20. the one @ southern cross time looks original to me, the cloth, case back looks authentic to me.

Originally posted by ghost View Post
              Yes it's true. Many circulating around. I wonder if anyone on the forum has bought (and maybe sold) one of these RXWs from Southern cross time? I gotta say i'm quite keen on getting it from them. There's a patrickwatch jap website that also claims to stock these

kindly email with
              2. your nick

Comment

Hi triton, i know abt the regular marina militares too. Bought a few off reach10 - good stuff, no probs at all. But the MM20s are different. And it's true, these have been duplicated to match the originals too. Dunno if southern cross are similar...doubt they'd come with certs etc...and if it is bogus, how wld one go abt claiming refunds etc..

Sigh...i dont mind buying reps, but dont go passing it off as gens lah...

Comment

i know where u are coming from. it would be good to have pictures to compare. else very hard.

it is true that no cert makes it a question mark.

kindly email with
                  2. your nick

Comment

The ones at southern cross looks close enough to be legit and at that price, we have less to complain... But I am quite wary of letting out my credit card number on a website like that... Theres also no email address to contact them...

Any bros tried buying from them before?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisingapore View Post
                      The ones at southern cross looks close enough to be legit and at that price, we have less to complain... But I am quite wary of letting out my credit card number on a website like that... Theres also no email address to contact them...

Any bros tried buying from them before?
                      Yah man, i also wanna take the plunge

Comment

Go on then

If they turn out to be genuine... you would have saved at least S$500 from buying from ebay or in forums...

Comment

Do you think southerncross website is not updated
                          I own a Rolex !

Comment

Wah, found this post hidden here when I wanted to post up something similar. Well, someone's selling 'on behalf of his friend' this RXW watch in the OTHER Singapore watch forum. Go there now, there's an interesting thread discussion going on... and interestingly, I am... or WAS involved as well. Interesting read, confirm, guarantee + chop.

The story is titled 'FS: RXW MM20 Marina Militare Swiss Made 47mm Watch.' and as mentioned by the admin of the forum... 'we do not delete evidence', so the post should be there for everyone to view, and at the same time, serve as a good tutorial for spotting FAKES. Have fun!
                            "Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."
                            --Groucho Marx--

*For faster response, pls direct all questions to my email: destro22bt@gmail.com thanks!

Comment

Hi bro, I dont get you... care to elaborate?

Did you find fakes for sale in SG? How does one tell the difference and do you know anything about those that are sold at southerncross?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X