Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just been poiSINNed.......
    Got my U1 yesterday at THG
    .........arrghhhh.......temptations.....temptation s....
    Real SINN......
    The Current Squad :

14060M VSeries, DJ116200 MSeries, OmegaSMPO XL, Sinn U1, Breitling SuperO, Glycine Lagunare, ML PontosDay, ML PontosDayDate, SeikoSamurai White, SeikoSumo Blue, SeikoDiver's SKX007J, SeikoSinn SRP043K2

Comment

Originally posted by apexi View Post
      Just been poiSINNed.......
      Got my U1 yesterday at THG
      .........arrghhhh.......temptations.....temptation s....
      Real SINN......
      wow..how much is the U1 now?last price i knew in dec 2006 was 1900?

Comment

Originally posted by leslie View Post
        wow..how much is the U1 now?last price i knew in dec 2006 was 1900?
        Yuppp.....
        In late 06 & early last year, i went to THG twice and no stock liao......
        Told me that have to place deposit & wait for stock to arrive (3 to 6 mths like dat - so i said nebermind)
        Sian arrhhh.....place deposit still have to wait months
        Price then was abt 1900 thereabouts

Then i forgot abt this chick & was busy looking at other babes
        Recently, i happened to just ask around & was told that they have one available (only piece for that shop)
        Quoted abt 2300 & the rest is history......

Amazed by the AR coating which makes this baby seem as if it does not have any apparent glass casing.......

Even my wifey & son likes it......
        The Current Squad :

14060M VSeries, DJ116200 MSeries, OmegaSMPO XL, Sinn U1, Breitling SuperO, Glycine Lagunare, ML PontosDay, ML PontosDayDate, SeikoSamurai White, SeikoSumo Blue, SeikoDiver's SKX007J, SeikoSinn SRP043K2

Comment

Originally posted by apexi View Post
          Yuppp.....
          In late 06 & early last year, i went to THG twice and no stock liao......
          Told me that have to place deposit & wait for stock to arrive (3 to 6 mths like dat - so i said nebermind)
          Sian arrhhh.....place deposit still have to wait months
          Price then was abt 1900 thereabouts

Then i forgot abt this chick & was busy looking at other babes
          Recently, i happened to just ask around & was told that they have one available (only piece for that shop)
          Quoted abt 2300 & the rest is history......

Amazed by the AR coating which makes this baby seem as if it does not have any apparent glass casing.......

Even my wifey & son likes it......

tks bro..I love the U1 as well..innovative material plus super hard casing..but one thing that keeps me from buying it is the location of the crown at 5 o'clock position..makes me feel like I am wearing a seiko 5..

I've brought a 356 eventually..

Comment

It has the potential to go up even more. U1 is currently the best selling watch for Sinn, followed by UX and U2 (according to Sinn German forum)
            [SIZE="2"][U][B]Movement collection:[/B][/U]
            [U]German:[/U] Junghans 687, Durowe 7420
            [U]Russian:[/U] Poljot 3133, Poljot 2612, Vostok
            [U]Chinese:[/U] Seagull
            [U]Japanese:[/U] Seiko(s)
            [U]Swiss:[/U] ETA(s)+Valjoux+Unitas(s), Zenith(s), JLC, Rolex, Lemania(s), IWC[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by feudallordcult View Post
              Chaps, let me give my 0.02ct worth for the U1 based on the scant knowledge that I possess. In all honesty, U1 is one serious SOB that can really take a pounding. couple of months ago, this baby took a really hard knock on a glass door w/o sustaining any damage to the case. Nothing, i actually put the watch under a very powerful magnifying glass (office equipment), not even a scratch! If this had happened to my SD, i would have fainted on the spot and taken MC the following day and prob subsequent hospitalisation.

last nite, I placed this baby in the winder without realising that half of the watch face was in full contact with the glass cover. Switched it on and went for makan. when i returned, I heard some scratching noise but just could not ascertain the source when I discovered the horror! in my heart, i knew the U1 was f**ked! What i witnessed was nothing short of a miracle, NO damage whatsoever.

These two encounters coupled with countless acts of abuse(water sports & shooting) plus daily desk diving drew me to the conclusion that perhaps this is the ULTIMATE dailybeater to hv. it's affordable when i bought it in 2007. it's still pretty affordable and readily available (esp in KL THG). The tegimented steel is not some gimmick that cannot hold up to it's claims. it's seriously tough!

the AR coating on the glass seems to be a common grouse for all sinn owners. I read somewhere that the AR will weaken over time due to exposire to the elements like seawater and all that jazz. personally, i prefer this watch w/o the AR.

as to why Sinn would allow certain models to pass QC is a puzzle, like how rolex can pass some watches that seriously cannot make it. Go read up in rolex forums. Some guy just bought a SD where some markers were misaligned.

I won't recommend U2 to anyone unless he requires the GMT function. The dial also looks tad a little too busy for me. I think some U2 owners also got problems with the movement. further reading is encouraged at the watchuseek forums to gain better understanding as my knowledge of sinn is relatively scant.

that's my 2p worth of the Sinn U1.
              Nicely put....and totally agree.
              My U1 is abused to the max.... for work play, swim and everything else
              it handles everything thrown at it and remains rock solid

Comment

Originally posted by Hary View Post
                It has the potential to go up even more. U1 is currently the best selling watch for Sinn, followed by UX and U2 (according to Sinn German forum)
                the U1 is always out of stock..have to place an order first..

Comment

Glad i bought my U1 earlier. As the others have shared, it's a truly masculine & robust timepiece!
                  运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

Originally posted by psee View Post
                    Glad i bought my U1 earlier. As the others have shared, it's a truly masculine & robust timepiece!
                    Wait till ur AR coating is scratched..than u will feel damn sian...it happends to me in less than a mth....happens to feud too.

Be careful with it, very careful...

Comment

Originally posted by sci70716 View Post
                      Wait till ur AR coating is scratched..than u will feel damn sian...it happends to me in less than a mth....happens to feud too.

Be careful with it, very careful...
                      it's not a "scratch" ...appears to be a scratch but it's actually the unevenness because the AR coating fades over time. IWC diving watches also have AR coating but the quality is better than U1 that's all...

there're 2 options to handle the AR coating.. (1) re-coat and (2) remove the coating totally and it only means that you'll see reflections on the sapphire crystal but it's still scratch-proof.

cheers

james
                      Last edited by wolfeyes1974; 15-06-08, 08:44 PM.
                      I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                      A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                      Audemars Piguet ROO
                      Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                      De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                      Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                      Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                      Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                      IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                      Panerai 270
                      Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                      Rolex 116610LV
                      Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

just curious...

THG didn't display U1..and only showed it to Andrew when he asked for it. given that this is the one of the hottest selling models of Sinn...funny that they didn't display it? i'm beginning to wonder if there's a possibility that AD keeps the watch to artificially create the "more demand than supply" scenerio hence justifying the price increase or controlled discount?

cheers

Current collection
                        Audemars Piguet ROO
                        Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                        Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                        Panerai 270
                        Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                        Rolex 116610LV

Comment

ok. from what i know, sometimes really no stock. but since one of our forum member here got the U1 about 1 month ago, there seem to be have stock.

on the other hand, i also agree with you that there is a possiblity that they did not display to articifically create demand.

Originally posted by wolfeyes1974 View Post
                          just curious...

THG didn't display U1..and only showed it to Andrew when he asked for it. given that this is the one of the hottest selling models of Sinn...funny that they didn't display it? i'm beginning to wonder if there's a possibility that AD keeps the watch to artificially create the "more demand than supply" scenerio hence justifying the price increase or controlled discount?

cheers
                          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                          1. subject heading indicating your issue
                          2. your nick
                          3. your corresponding email address
                          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

makes one wonder...best selling model but AD not in the rush to sell it..knowing that a lot of people are asking for it?? hmmm....

Current collection
                            Audemars Piguet ROO
                            Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                            Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                            Panerai 270
                            Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                            Rolex 116610LV

Comment

I ordered two Sinn U1 from THG last Aug and had to wait for 2 mths before stock arrive. But they did show me one but not able to sell me as that belong to a customer whom has not come and collect yet.

I check with the AD in Europe. Usually they do not have stock but will order for you if u are serious abt buying...

For slightly more than S$2k, I figure there is a real demand for such a wonderful & hardy tool watch/daily beater!
                              CT
                              -------------

Sub Date (V Series)
                              GMT2 16710
                              PAM 005K
                              PAM 219J
                              Sinn U2
                              Sinn EZM 1LE
                              Ball Alligator
                              Benarus Worldiver

Comment

This is also what I'd encountered few times but I think it has more to do with the popularity of the watch, rather than to create demand. My first encounter was when I asked for the Submariner at THG @raffles. When first approached, the AD told me no stock. Then after 10mins in the shop, his colleague whispered into his ears at the corner of the shop and he re-appeared, claiming that he had forgotten there was one "last" piece left in the store, which he had forgotten. He said that piece was for his regular but is willing to sell it to me at list price (S$7,931 in Nov 07).

According to him, that model was "too pop" and he dared not place it in the showcase or else sure snapped up. I'd an almost similar encounter when I purchase my IWC.

Just share-share la..
                                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X