Opus Eleven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opus Eleven

It's the watch that I have been patiently waiting for the whole year... and here it is! The jury is currently out.

Opus Eleven makes news with a technology and architecture that have never been seen before. Ingenious mechanisms give the watch a rare character – an explosive temperament that makes a sport of time. In addition to its role as an instrument, Opus Eleven creates an engineering puzzle that resolves itself on the hour.
    An extremely complex case stages the show. The three overlapping cylinders on three levels are configured to deconstruct time. The main circle is the hour’s domain, flanked by two pavilions. One shows the minutes on a jumping disk for the tens and a running disk for the units. The other, slightly lower, displays the regular beat of a big titanium balance-wheel.

Anarchy takes hold of the hours indication beneath the sapphire-crystal dome every 60 minutes. The numeral of the hour, assembled in the center of the circle, explodes into chaos before instantly reassembling as the new hour. It then remains still until the next disintegration. Instead of a hand, 24 placards revolve and rotate on a complicated system of gears mounted on an epicycloidal gear-train.

Movement:
    Mechanical movement with manual winding.
    24 conical pinions
    155 jewels
    566 components
    Functions:
    Hour display by means of an original system made up of 24 pallets, with a rotation speed regulation and management system
    Digital display of minutes by 2 disks, a jumping disk for the tens and a running disk for the units

Case in white gold
    Power Reserve: 48 hours.

Originally posted by kenlinliu1419 View Post
    It's the watch that I have been patiently waiting for the whole year... and here it is! The jury is currently out.

Opus Eleven makes news with a technology and architecture that have never been seen before. Ingenious mechanisms give the watch a rare character – an explosive temperament that makes a sport of time. In addition to its role as an instrument, Opus Eleven creates an engineering puzzle that resolves itself on the hour.
    An extremely complex case stages the show. The three overlapping cylinders on three levels are configured to deconstruct time. The main circle is the hour’s domain, flanked by two pavilions. One shows the minutes on a jumping disk for the tens and a running disk for the units. The other, slightly lower, displays the regular beat of a big titanium balance-wheel.

Anarchy takes hold of the hours indication beneath the sapphire-crystal dome every 60 minutes. The numeral of the hour, assembled in the center of the circle, explodes into chaos before instantly reassembling as the new hour. It then remains still until the next disintegration. Instead of a hand, 24 placards revolve and rotate on a complicated system of gears mounted on an epicycloidal gear-train.

Movement:
    Mechanical movement with manual winding.
    24 conical pinions
    155 jewels
    566 components
    Functions:
    Hour display by means of an original system made up of 24 pallets, with a rotation speed regulation and management system
    Digital display of minutes by 2 disks, a jumping disk for the tens and a running disk for the units

Case in white gold
    Power Reserve: 48 hours.
    Looks really nice and special, I think it should cost 2 arms and 2 legs at least, no?
    Check out my Amateur Watch Blog @ http://parte-di-tempo.blogspot.sg/

tsetse the fly hard to make more $$$ so can buy more timepieces

Comment

This one sure very unique...but honestly dunno how to appreciate it
      Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Looks very high tech and beautiful...But i oso dunno how to read the time on this masterpiece of work
        Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Altho' I cant see what's going on inside the dial, I'm sure Harry Winston has put tons of effort to consummate art, fashion, engineering & technology. It'll take a different class of collectors to appreciate such a fine timepiece.

I also think its for people who has enuf time to stop, stare and then decipher what time it is...

But I admire the 'symphony' inside this OPUS (pun intended) beautiful piece!
          Visit the DIY Section of Singapore Rolex Club for interesting articles.

Privileged manufacturer for:
          • Panerai Boutiques - Asia-Pacific
          • Montre de MarQue
          • Etoile D'Or
          • Hotel Indonesia
          • Glory Time
          • The Watch-Collector
          • Time Palace
          • The Swiss Connection
          • M Baker
          • Maurice Lacroix
          • Time Marques
          • Timeless Watch Boutique

To Achieve Perfect Aim, just shoot and call anything you hit as TARGET!

Comment

I figured how to read the time on this watch now.

The (digital) hour is located smack bang in the middle of the big dial.
            Whilst in the top pavillion, it shows the minutes (reading through the 2 wheels)

So the picture is currently showing 11:31.

Comment

WOW...superb way of telling time!!

Thanks for the kind information Mr Kenlinliu!

Comment

Thanks Feilong. However, I haven't managed to figure out how to wind it yet!

Comment

This piece of beauty heading toward your wrist eh?

By then you HAVE the instruction manual to ponder over...no need to worry lar..hehehehehe

Comment

Phew! I eventually found it. For a minute, I thought it was going to be some mega complicating way to wind it.

Does anyone think the inspiration came from a rather similar Histoire de Tourbillion?

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
                      This piece of beauty heading toward your wrist eh?

By then you HAVE the instruction manual to ponder over...no need to worry lar..hehehehehe
                      No lah, it will only be in my dreams! If this costs anything more than $150k (even after I have exhausted my contact there), then I can forget it.

Comment

Hehehehe..can always increase your budget!!!

Interesting timepiece...i suppose the routine servicing fee is gonna to be in the 5 figure ball park figure too i presume!

Comment

OK. It is confirmed this is out of my price range!
                          Selling for over HKD $2,000,000 which equates to over SGD $300k brand new. I suspect this price will start increasing to over half a million over the course of the year or so.

Comment

wow..that is 'STEEP'...ok..maybe for me...as i m low budget kind of guy here...but 300k for that beauty is wayyyyyyyyy out of my league....in fact the distance between me and the beauty is akin to from Earth to the Moon...

Comment

Damn anything from HW is out of my league. Can only drool at the pics or over the glass panel but cannot not touch. If I can get one HW, i would got for OpusV. Combination of the newer and best minds in Swiss watch-making.
                              sigpic

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X