Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed

Hello people
    I'm a newbie and would like to start wearing a basic luxury watch. I have been doing research online and would like to see if I can get a nicer 2nd-hand one before I commit to buying the Seiko SRX003P1.

I'm open to all brands. As I have little to no experience in this field I would appreciate your options and opinion. My budget is around $1000

A "basic luxury watch" can be rather subjective but since you have given a budget, then possibly, there should be plenty. Problem is, there will be too many choices so it is better to narrow down your criteria like date/no date, dial color, manual/automatic/quartz, leather/rubber/bracelet, shape of watch, type of metals, etc. Some brands that may have this budget price range include:

Auguste Reymond;
    BALL or Bulova;
    Certina or Cyma;
    Eterna;
    Frederique Constant or Fortis;
    Glycine;
    Hamilton;
    Longines or Louis Erard or Louis Vuitton;
    Mont Blanc;
    Oris;
    Rado or Rotary;
    Tag Heuer or Tissot or Titoni;
    Versace;
    Raymond Weil; and
    Zeno-Watch Basel.
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Vintage Omega watches also...Less than S$700 for nice vintage Seamaster or Constellation models...Cheers! Happy hunting!!! ;-)
      My collection

Rolex DateJust 16014,
      Rolex DateJust 16233,
      Rolex Submariner 16613LN
      Rolex GMT-Master IIC 116713LN
      Rolex Daytona 116523 (Champagne Gold Dial with Diamonds)
      Rolex Day-Day 1803, 18038 & 18238
      Omega Seamaster TT Polaris
      Omega Speedmaster Professional 1861Moonwatch

Wishlist:
      Short Term Hunt, YM

Long Term Hunt,
      Rolex DayDate, Omega Cal. 321 and 861 Professional SpeedMaster Moon-watch.

Comment

Thanks for the replies.
        Omega vintage sounds nice.

I guess, I'm more of a metal guy, darker face color, definitely no obnoxious colors, no gold (haha young fellow wear gold like werid) and preferably automatic.
        I'm also open to all brands, but omega, longines, tag heuer, ball and raymon weil are brands that I do recognize.

One thing that I'm worried is getting a counterfeit piece as I have zero experience in appraising these watches.
        Any links or advice to fishing out clear cut signs of fake goods?

Comment

with the budget of 1k... the cheapest u can get of...

...auto chrono...u have only 2 brand to choose from, CHRISTOPHER WARD from uk or UHR from germany. or TISSOT PRC200 with the tone down version eta autochrono movement calibre c10 or something like that at $850~$950.

...lower mid end brands dress watch with automatic movements... HAMILTON, VICTORINOX, MIDO or TITONI.

...divers from STEINHART, ROBERT UHREN, OnW, ARISTO...all german brands-priced btwn $550~$1k, or SANDOZ YATCHMASTER type divers watch with dual tone bracelet, MOP DIAL, red seconds pointer @ probably less than $600.

...fligers from ARCHMIDE, LACO, STEINHART, ARISTO n UHR as well...all german branded as well. STOWA n TOURBY is out of ur 1k margin liao...

Comment

No experience don't buy 2nd hand watch expecially Vintage, go get yourself a brand new Seiko.

Comment

Yea agree dont get 2nd hand yet

Comment

with 1k budget, probably might able to get Hamilton or lower end of Longines. Longines will be a better choice
                Current Holy Grail
                Franck Muller Endurance 24
                Bell & Ross 126 antimagnetic
                Iwc 3706

Comment

Hamilton is possible lah... Longines? Unless is quartz...i doubt the autos can be get @ that price.

Comment

Suggest you identify 2-3 brands you prefer and start research from there. After ask yourself, you prefer bracelet or leather strap, quartz or automatic watches and case size of the watch.
                    Rolex - SUB 116610LV /SUB 116610LN / DSSD 116660 / GMT2C 116710 / Lady DJ 178274
                    Others - Tag Heuer F1 Lady Ceramic
                    / Longines Quartz / Lanvin Quartz

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X