Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Azimuth Watches

Can anyone help ?
    Are Azimuth Watches worth buying / investing ??

I find them quite innovative, and good to know that it is a home grown marque.

...but i prefer to stick to other tried and tested brands if u talkong abt ease of flipping (ie dont lose that mich)
    elusive

Comment

Yes some Azimuth watches are quite innovative.

If Azimuth gets bought over by LVHM, Richemont or Swatch group then the early models will become collectables (well that's my take anyway).

Comment

Thank you very much Guys !
        Appreciate it.

Comment

My personal favourite, Mr. Roboto.

Comment

Unfortunately many of the innovative Azimuth watches are too innovative for the average mass and seems to target the collectors. For example watch with one hand, watch that runs anti-clockwise, watch that looks like a robot or resemble a roulette etc etc.

While those models that would appeal to the mass (the pilots & divers) failed in their design. The pilots are too large for most people (don't remember seeing anything < 47mm), and the latest deep divers look too busy with too many things on the dial/case and have a name call sea hum that turns off every singaporean.

Personally I think Azimuth should focus on a few mass-market models with right design/size/price that would really sell. They need to get the sale volume to survive and to grow the company. And they need to win at their home ground which is one of the biggest watch markets.

I would love to support our local brand but just can't bring myself to wear any of their existing models. And I get a bit concerned that they didn't annouce new products so far this year...
            Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
              Unfortunately many of the innovative Azimuth watches are too innovative for the average mass and seems to target the collectors. For example watch with one hand, watch that runs anti-clockwise, watch that looks like a robot or resemble a roulette etc etc.
              I happen to have all those u named here.... and a few others...
              swift1.0/sunny1.6/sonata2.0/156JTS/Brera3.2V6/MINI cooper S cabrio/Grand Picasso/S300L

Comment

Originally posted by yattokame View Post
                Great...are you using them or just for collection?

Any comments on those watches or this brand that you would like to share?

Comment

It's really because I like watches with unique designs. My main collection is skeleton watches - I just love to see how the movements tick.

It's more of a conversation piece, my Azimuth watches. And I really do find some of their designs interesting. Mr Roboto is one of my daily beaters. The Roulette for functions or dinners (sometimes). Still considering the spaceship with stonedial, and hopefully the landship.

Then I have two BITs. Birth watches for our twins. One to remember their first trip to HK (when they were 8mths old) and one to mark the year they were born. If you follow their products you should know which ones I'm talking about.

Watches for me... is really to pass on to our kids, and hopefully from them to theirs. I don't have any Rolex's (but I bought my folks a pair) but I have watches to tell my life story, which I will pass to my kids when they reach the same point in their lives (first job, marriage, etc).

And yes, I am still looking forward to buying my first Rolex. Just need to find the right one.
                  swift1.0/sunny1.6/sonata2.0/156JTS/Brera3.2V6/MINI cooper S cabrio/Grand Picasso/S300L

Comment

care to post a pic of your Azimuth collection? what's your comments on the Mr. Roboto watch?

Comment

It's really because I like watches with unique designs. My main collection is skeleton watches - I just love to see how the movements tick.

It's more of a conversation piece, my Azimuth watches. And I really do find some of their designs interesting. Mr Roboto is one of my daily beaters. The Roulette for functions or dinners (sometimes). Still considering the spaceship with stonedial, and hopefully the landship.

Then I have two BITs. Birth watches for our twins. One to remember their first trip to HK (when they were 8mths old) and one to mark the year they were born. If you follow their products you should know which ones I'm talking about.

Watches for me... is really to pass on to our kids, and hopefully from them to theirs. I don't have any Rolex's (but I bought my folks a pair) but I have watches to tell my life story, which I will pass to my kids when they reach the same point in their lives (first job, marriage, etc).

And yes, I am still looking forward to buying my first Rolex. Just need to find the right one.
                      Thanks for sharing. Sometimes it can get real bored seeing all the repeated rolex pics (I know I would probably get flamed for this), so it is nice to hear stories and see pics of the not so common watches.

Comment

likewise collecting watches is a hobby/passion for me and the intention is to pass on my watch collection to my son as well.

Comment

here u go...

pictures of some of my watches

Comment

Originally posted by leeye View Post
                            likewise collecting watches is a hobby/passion for me and the intention is to pass on my watch collection to my son as well.
                            that's just so meaningful ain't it...... I always picture this in my head hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
                              Thanks for sharing. Sometimes it can get real bored seeing all the repeated rolex pics (I know I would probably get flamed for this), so it is nice to hear stories and see pics of the not so common watches.
                              thanx... haha... I've had a hard time trying to buy a Rolex. Somehow my skin tone doesn't suit the stainless steel watches at all and I find Rolex models generally too small for my wrist.

But I have recently found some that I like and suits my wrist... just waiting for the right deal to come along.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X