Jlc q1628130 pre owned founded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jlc q1628130 pre owned founded

Dear any Sifu can give your comment on this watch. I founded 1 when I was shopping yesterday.
    Rolex Submariner 16610 M
    Tag Formula 1 WAC1110.BA

jaeger is the only watch brand that can say they have the most number of in house movements. for jaeger, their depreciation value is quite steep. so you need to be sure if you buy for keeps or have any intention to sell in future.

jaeger is known for its reverso aka its signature series. so it depends on what you like.

first look for a model that you like, then look @ the price to match your budget.

one fellow member was eyeing for a particular model, but he could not wait and end up buying another watch. then few days later, the watch he wanted was found in this forum. he contacted the seller, agreed to meet and view and probably transact. however last minute, seller withdrew sale.

never rush to buy a watch.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

JLC is a watchmaker's watch for many reasons you may already know since you are seriously conidering a JLC watch.

The Master Hometime is an elegant watch that i most useful if you travel across time zones alot. You can easily adjust the main-dial to the time of the city in which you are while the sub-dial always maintain the hometime. In this way, you always read the main dial for local time. Personally I find this a much intuitive way to read time while travelling compared to the Master Geographic series.

I had the opportunity to compare this Hometime with its 2011 release (aka Dualtime) recently. I personally like the Dualtime much better as it has a thinner bezel, the number "9" and looks bigger on the wrist although both are essentially the same size. However, to some, the differences may not be obvious or better.

Here is a picture of the Dualtime from the web, courtesy of decksurgeon.

However, I was recently informed by the JLC butique that the Dualtime released has been postponed (or cancelled ?). I have now set my sight beyond the Hometime and Dualtime....of course, a JLC too.
      Last edited by alex168lim; 05-06-11, 01:23 PM. Reason: adding an acknowledgment to the picture

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
        one fellow member was eyeing for a particular model, but he could not wait and end up buying another watch. then few days later, the watch he wanted was found in this forum. he contacted the seller, agreed to meet and view and probably transact. however last minute, seller withdrew sale.

never rush to buy a watch.
        is that who i think it is? hahaha. i second that. never rush to buy a watch. let the watch come to you. words of wisdom by sifu triton.

Comment

Thank to all sifuzz but unfortunately the watch is longer available. Got the SMS from the seller. Looking for iwc pilot chronograph but I'm not a fan of it. Is pilot chrono use own movement? Is the resale value good?
          Rolex Submariner 16610 M
          Tag Formula 1 WAC1110.BA

Comment

Originally posted by berdsc View Post
            Thank to all sifuzz but unfortunately the watch is longer available. Got the SMS from the seller. Looking for iwc pilot chronograph but I'm not a fan of it. Is pilot chrono use own movement? Is the resale value good?
            Welcome to the world of Jaeger Lecoultre, enjoy your stay & I am sure you will have a great time. I owned a few IWC but have since sold most of them, the problem is most of them are not in-house movement. The Mark 16, Pilot chronograph, Aquatimer & Portuguese chrono use external movement, ETA I think. So I dont want to pay so much for an IWC unless it's the Portuguese 7 Days or Big Pilot & I feel that I am just buying a very expensive Longines (no disrespect to Longines or IWC as they are two of my favourite brands).

Anyway, Jaeger makes & design everything in-house, including the deployment & leather strap, so if I am to fork out S$5000 or so for a watch, I would rather put in more & buy a pre-owned JLC as it's more respectable & I know I am paying that amount for R&D & not just marketing or bottomline. Good luck & hope you get the watch you want.
            I rather push my Alfa Romeo than drive a BMW

Alfa 1.5 Sprint
            Alfa 33
            Alfa 147
            Alfa GT
            Alfa Spider 3.2 V6- now
            Alfa 4C- maybe next time

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse