Reverso Squadra Hometime SS VS Master Control SS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverso Squadra Hometime SS VS Master Control SS

Hi guys, i'm a newbie here. Just curious to ask, what do you think about these 2 models (if you compare them side by side)? which one you prefer?

I just bought the squadra and I am loving it. My opinion is that the Reverso look (though this is more squarish rather than rectangular) seems more classic to me. Then again, it depends whether u like the typical round dial or something different.

Comment

I have tried both, and both looks good on my wrist, pricing wise Squadra is more exp by 1k (roughly).
      until now, i cant decide lol

Comment

I suspect Squadra attracts greater attention than MC - it is a relatively 'big' watch for a non-round watch, so it may satisfy personal ego issues (it did for me). Be prepared for the not-so-easy-to-handle leather strap, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Shanghaied View Post
          ... Be prepared for the not-so-easy-to-handle leather strap, though.
          can share more detail about "the not-so-easy-to-handle" part? wad happen to your strap? thanks

Comment

I am not sure about Shanghaied's problem but I just want to share that I replaced my JLC Reverso strap with an aftermarket strap, after balking at the S$700+ for an original.

The original strap has a small plastic piece that is sewn inside (where the strap meets the lugs) so that it follows the contours of the casing. Here's a photo of the worn original strap:

Because of this, you cannot just get any strap made by a strapmaker, unless you can forgo the strap following the casing contours. But I am not bothered and had JnS made one for me and here's the result:

Hope this helps!

Comment

Originally posted by azrielsc View Post
              I am not sure about Shanghaied's problem but I just want to share that I replaced my JLC Reverso strap with an aftermarket strap, after balking at the S$700+ for an original.

The original strap has a small plastic piece that is sewn inside (where the strap meets the lugs) so that it follows the contours of the casing. Here's a photo of the worn original strap:

Because of this, you cannot just get any strap made by a strapmaker, unless you can forgo the strap following the casing contours. But I am not bothered and had JnS made one for me and here's the result:

Hope this helps!
              Hi,

In fact you could have tried asking JnS if he could do up a new strap wrapped around the plastic insert so it still looks like the original.

Anyway, if you have no use with your old straps with the original inserts, would you consider selling them to me for a token sum? I might want to try my luck to get a strap-maker to attempt to do a replacement strap for my Squadra.

Comment

Well, that was exactly what I wanted to do. But JnS couldn't get the thinness right and he wasted that croc skin. The 2nd problem was that the inserts were already in bad condition. One insert broke into pieces as he tried to remove it.

Sorry man. It's actually not worth the effort, especially the part where the leather/croc skin had to wrap around the insert. It has to be extremely thin.

Comment

Anyway, for all Squadra owners out there...

I have a black crocodile strap (white stitching) customized by JnS which I would like to sell for just $80.

Paid $340 for it but only worn twice but decided to go for the original JLC replacement strap in the end. Strap was made thicker at the lugs so it looks more flushed.

Interested please reach me at 86281998.

Cheers

Comment

Seems like this custom strap oso applies to some other brand like Linde Werdelin, their strap oso not cheap.
                    Will think hard again to consider my second piece, thanks for sharing guys!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X