X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my personal preferrence wil b mm300...
    cherish e past, enjoy e present, embrace e future

Comment

seiko is always number 1 in my heart. one watch brand against so many swiss brand yet can still see some winning they make. owning 2 GS, they are truly awesome

Comment

Originally posted by christal View Post
        seiko is always number 1 in my heart. one watch brand against so many swiss brand yet can still see some winning they make. owning 2 GS, they are truly awesome
        good choice on the GS

any pics to share?

Comment

continually bought 4 seikos in 2010

now eyeing the ananta auto chrono

wonder whether thong sia can give 30% discount or not, anyone had bought before?

Comment

Originally posted by croft View Post

wonder whether thong sia can give 30% discount or not, anyone had bought before?
            i doubt so

Comment

Originally posted by croft View Post

I think the price by Higuchi or Chinos might be better if you looking for bigger discount but no local warranty.

Comment

I love seiko tunas.....the look is realllllly unique n interesting, the seiko sd looks great too!

As for rolex it unfair to compare both, if someone wants more bling n easy recognition ....then go for rolex! Mind you, i am also a loyal fan of rolex sports model.

As for seiko , mostly only those who loves seiko or watch lover can appreciate seiko watches!

I am glad we are given a choice to own these excellent watches, bottom line you like the watch just buy it n enjoy be it a rolex or seiko! Or if not enough money just print a picture of it n place next to your bedside n pray that one day you can afford it!

Now i abit poison by seiko sd......argghhhh....the pic posted looks really great!!!

Fortunately, i get to own seiko tuna sbn 0019 white dolphin and rolex submariner, yahooo!!!! However..its never enough!

Comment

Originally posted by greenhornet77 View Post
                  I love seiko tunas.....the look is realllllly unique n interesting, the seiko sd looks great too!

As for rolex it unfair to compare both, if someone wants more bling n easy recognition ....then go for rolex! Mind you, i am also a loyal fan of rolex sports model.

As for seiko , mostly only those who loves seiko or watch lover can appreciate seiko watches!

I am glad we are given a choice to own these excellent watches, bottom line you like the watch just buy it n enjoy be it a rolex or seiko! Or if not enough money just print a picture of it n place next to your bedside n pray that one day you can afford it!

Now i abit poison by seiko sd......argghhhh....the pic posted looks really great!!!

Fortunately, i get to own seiko tuna sbn 0019 white dolphin and rolex submariner, yahooo!!!! However..its never enough!
                  haha bro next in line is the emperor tuna, mm300 n sd600 rite!
                  Daily Beater: Citizen BN0150-10E Eco-Drive Promaster Diver

Comment

I just ordered a GS Quartz SBGX - 063 from Higuchi-inc. Will post pics when it arrives.

Beginning to appreciate the simplicity of quartz even more than before.
                    Having owned Rolexes, IWCs, Chopard, Panerais and many others, its ironical that i am now settling for quartz but hey, Seiko Quartz are no pushovers.

I suppose the servicing and the time lag did eventually eats me up.

As for Japanese Quartz, they literally own the rest when it comes to precision. Much like their work ethos.

Comment

Originally posted by jimbojeow View Post
                      I just ordered a GS Quartz SBGX - 063 from Higuchi-inc. Will post pics when it arrives.

Beginning to appreciate the simplicity of quartz even more than before.
                      Having owned Rolexes, IWCs, Chopard, Panerais and many others, its ironical that i am now settling for quartz but hey, Seiko Quartz are no pushovers.

I suppose the servicing and the time lag did eventually eats me up.

As for Japanese Quartz, they literally own the rest when it comes to precision. Much like their work ethos.
                      haha gxgx..post pics when it arrives!
                      Daily Beater: Citizen BN0150-10E Eco-Drive Promaster Diver

Comment

Hi guys,

I'm thinking spending some of my end of year bonuses (budgeting around 6k) and purchasing a Grand Seiko. From doing abit of research and reading around, I understand that there are 2 options of purchasing available to me (pls correct me if I'm wrong):

(1) Going down to Thongsia Building and buying one.
                        (2) Ordering one from the reputable online sites, e.g., Seiya, Higuchi and Chino.

I need advice on the following:
                        1. I'm guessing the models at Thongsia are those made for an international market, is there any difference in terms of quality compared to those made for JDM and sold by the above sites?
                        2. How much discount can I get at Thongsia from the price they have listed on their website?
                        3. Are there any other reputable sites that I should consider?
                        4. If I make a trip down to Japan (Tokyo) how much could additional % could I save from tax? I read somewhere that Japan's consumer goods tax is 4% +1%?

I know that buying 2nd is another option, but resale value isnt too big a concern for me as I think I will keep my Grand Seiko for a long long time, I will stop short of handing it down to my kids in case they turn out not to be seiko fans...

Will welcome any advice, thanks in advance!!!
                        My Tumblr
                        -------------------
                        http://beads-of-rice.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by daytona 6263 View Post
                          Now there is a misunderstanding in some, that people assume Seiko equals affordable/cheap. Most are undoubtedly referring to Seiko's normally found on the street in Europe and the Americas, and they are definitely a good, fantastic, value for the money. But you can also get vintage and new high end Seiko's, which, until the advent of the Internet, were relatively unknown outside of Japan. And a few other far east Asian countries (Taiwan, HK, Singapore ETC.) "King Seiko","Grand Seiko", and "Seiko Credor", you will find in these watches that, movement and case finish wise, easily compete with the best of mass produced swiss watches, i.e. Omega, Rolex, etc. As for style… well, that is in the eye of the beholder. At best they can be considered very conservative. But it really depends which movements,and watches you are comparing to. One true thing the Swiss, had to abandon the yearly chronometer competitions in the late 60s early 70s as the Japanese started to wipe the floor with them,they were that good.What this all boils down to is: Seiko makes some truly outstanding products, and some value for money ones, just like many other companies. If you want to buy one, you should, by all means do it. Because IMHO their bang-for-the-pound-factor is bloody amazing, at both ends of the spectrum.

Well there is Seiko and Seiko high end watches IMHO as good if not better than many high end Swiss.But some high end wearers today just wear a brand and not the watch.
                          Remember this fact before the Swiss COSC was formed as it is now there were Observatory testing and competitions to a much higher standard

And during the entire 23 years of testing, 5093 wristwatches were submitted for certification, and only 3253 were passed, about 64%. Just a few manufacturers participated, and only Omega and Patek did so every year. The others were: Rolex, Zenith, Longines, Movado, Vacheron & Constantin, Ulysse Nardin, Cyma and Favre-Leuba, along with numerous independent professional watchmakers.That was until Seiko come on the scene and started to wipe the floor with the Swiss mechanical watch industry.Only 2 brands in the + 23 years of the competitions submitted movements of only serial production for retail sale(Seiko and GP).All others were specially made movements just for the competition.And it was ended by the swiss in the early 1970s after two straight wins by the Japanese straight off the production line Seiko Grand watches.

Seiko first entered the competition,with other watches from all over the world,including most of the Swiss high end brands.For a much higher standard than the COSC,the Astronomical Observatory Authorisation Chronometer Standard (+/- 2/3 seconds/day) Out of many watches summited only two passed this test Seiko Grand just a production model, and Giraud Peregaux this time a specially build for the test model.And in the late 1960s there were only two companies, who could sell watches, passed astronomical observatory authorisation Chronometer in those days. ---Seiko and Giraud Peregaux.As the Japanese had dominated in the late 60s and the two preceding events, in 1972 some Swiss watch manufacturers demanded the end of the observatory competitions,and it was ended in 1973,thats when the lesser watered down Swiss COSC was founded.

Check out the regulator adjuster on this one! And check the shock protection on the non-balance jewels. That's real quality!and there own movement test, to a much higher spec than the Swiss COSC,with accuracy to a few seconds a week.

And selected Grand Seiko quartz model.

Note 1: Seiko re-issued a limited edition of the "Astron" in 2000-1 that used a special version of the 9F movement that was rated to ± 5 seconds per year,but with tuning easily down to
                          less than + - 2 seconds per year.
                          Note 2: The 9F movement is reportedly designed to run fifty years before it needs servicing.
                          Note 3: Other Grand Seiko quartz models use the 8J movement. Even less is know about this movement.
                          Bro, +1 and a big thumbs up to this post. It is the sharing of such insightful and illuminating information that is much needed in our ever stereotypical Singapore. This write up has truly shattered the 'White Man's Myth'. Likewise, I have deep respect and admiration to the Japs and in particular Seiko for their contribution towards the watchmaking industry/haute horologie or whatever they call it. After watching several documentaries of the rich history of horology in Japan dating back to the early 1800s, I've become a big fan of their watches, especially the GS line! My dream watch happens to be the Grand Seiko Titan Diver, SBGA0029. GS's diver piece de resistance. Cheers!

Comment

How much does the SD 600 usually go for?

Comment

wow this thread lives again!
                              Seiko Ananta anyone?
                              I love mine....Ananta Chrono Diver!
                              But alas Rolex Sub is causing me to turn round...

Comment

just to share this piece of beatuy

Seiko Credor 4S79A, 31J, manual winding

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X