No announcement yet.

AD's cutting down on discount from November

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guess I will have to give the watch a miss then. Which really is a pity as the only omega that i have now is the seamaster which i really like but the overhaul is costing me a bomb. Have left it at Swatch group since may and it is still not ready and I have been told to prepare to fork out at least $500. Ouch

Comment

Originally posted by dominique_kwok View Post
      Guess I will have to give the watch a miss then. Which really is a pity as the only omega that i have now is the seamaster which i really like but the overhaul is costing me a bomb. Have left it at Swatch group since may and it is still not ready and I have been told to prepare to fork out at least $500. Ouch
      The irony is that when the economies of the world are heading towards doom and gloom, prices of goods & services are surging up like nobody's business.

Last year I went to overhaul my Seamaster at Swatch, "only" $230 leh. But my watch sat in the service centre for nearly 2 months, Swatch claiming that it was waiting for some parts to arrive from Switzerland. What the crap...do they send by ship or by air?

Comment

Omega can certainly get more than 15% discount. Extra legwork required though. At times, it may be good to support the same SE (who is friendly and sincere) at the local ADs. It is reciprocal in that sense when we get better discounts

Comment

i serviced my speedy at the agent at 850...
          Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

i serviced this year may lor....haiz.....ex servicing leh....may as well get rollie or pams...
            Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

$850 to service a chrono??!! wow, in that case, i better think twrice before getting one. the inflation rate in the watch business is horrendous, i am badly out of touch already...haha!

Comment

Just saw this thread. I shouldn't complain paying LVMH for my Zenith El-Primero servicing of $585. Look at the ratio servicing cost vs. the price of the watch, servicing Speedy $850 is madness
                [SIZE="2"][U][B]Movement collection:[/B][/U]
                [U]German:[/U] Junghans 687, Durowe 7420
                [U]Russian:[/U] Poljot 3133, Poljot 2612, Vostok
                [U]Chinese:[/U] Seagull
                [U]Japanese:[/U] Seiko(s)
                [U]Swiss:[/U] ETA(s)+Valjoux+Unitas(s), Zenith(s), JLC, Rolex, Lemania(s), IWC[/SIZE]

Comment

haha that's why i said zenith's charges very very reasonable........

in comparison, richemont charges approx $500 to service a generic panerai 7750-based movement............ which i think is already a reasonable market rate....

for rolex, a routine service for 3135 also around $500 nowadays....
                  the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
                  visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

Originally posted by ohlins View Post
                    haha that's why i said zenith's charges very very reasonable........

in comparison, richemont charges approx $500 to service a generic panerai 7750-based movement............ which i think is already a reasonable market rate....

for rolex, a routine service for 3135 also around $500 nowadays....
                    Agree that the service charges for Zenith seem fairly reasonable ...
                    运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

The reason why the ADs are sticky with their Omega pricing is really because Omega (Swatch group?) send mystery shoppers to check on the discounts offered... If the AD doesn't know you, they won't offer higher than the standard discount. I definitely got more than 15% for my PO chrono in June.

Comment

Price Audit by Omega

The point on secret audit by mystery shopper is true, according to contacts
                        who do market research and service audits. Apparently, sale invoices are being check for deviation.

I encountered the same problem when I wanted to buy the 50th Anniversary speedmaster. The discount then was 18pct. The ADs I went to said they were under strict instruction to offer no discount whatsover for the the
                        anniversary watch; and strictly 18pct for other watches.

But then there were loopholes. Mustafa offered 20% for non-anniversary Omega watches. Alas, today, they are no longer selling Omega watches!

PS I managed to get a small discount from one of the ADs. ....

Comment

it saddens me to see the strategy that omega/swatch group is adopting. why keep restricting discounts? isn't increasing market share more important? somehow they just hv to concede that omega is perhaps no longer on par with rolex anymore.
                          Remnants of my irresponsibility:
                          "Foreign affections"
                          1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
                          2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
                          3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
                          4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
                          What's NEXT?

Comment

They are trying to become like rolex.
                            Rolex stainless steel daytona (black dial)
                            Rolex LV submariner
                            Rolex TT black submariner
                            Rolex GMT2 Pepsi
                            Rolex Non date submariner
                            Rolex Explorer2
                            More...

Comment

Originally posted by teo View Post
                              They are trying to become like rolex.
                              Omega can never match rolex in Asia.... Daydream only...

Comment

Originally posted by daveevan View Post
                                Omega can never match rolex in Asia.... Daydream only...
                                agree to that.
                                Rolex stainless steel daytona (black dial)
                                Rolex LV submariner
                                Rolex TT black submariner
                                Rolex GMT2 Pepsi
                                Rolex Non date submariner
                                Rolex Explorer2
                                More...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...